Notices

im a drunk

Old 12-11-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Money may get you into a descent rehab. It did me. Money does nothing to keep you sober.
hopefully
Old 12-11-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoJimmy View Post
You'll find plenty of support for your real problem, and it will cost you nothing. The rub is that you're focused on consequences of your actions rather than the problem that caused said actions.
If you had killed several pedestrians on the way home in your car that night, would you now be moaning about the consequences for those actions?
didnt hurt anyone, and asidde from being a generally awful boyfriend, I haven't hurt anyone. Raised 3 kids all a''s and b's. im just a pathetic drunk who is falling apart.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

more kids on the way. i'm loser for sure.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:59 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

a very fertile loser, but a loser, i was better when the 3 were raised. alot better. I'm awful now.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

despite the atrocious over charging for child support, there is no sense to me being a parent. I'm literally a fall down drunk
Old 12-11-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

over christmas break I will check into one of these rehab places. couldn't hurt. do not even know of such things.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:02 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Do you want to quit drinking? REALLY want to quit?
Old 12-11-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you have the money, use it on yourself - go to Betty Ford, or Hazelden, or The Priory...hell, go to Crossroads in Antigua.

There are thousands of lesser known rehabs too - any one of them could be the start of a new chapter for you...

But do something, inabadway - it's never too late for a second chance.

D
Old 12-11-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by inabadway View Post
didnt hurt anyone, and asidde from being a generally awful boyfriend, I haven't hurt anyone. Raised 3 kids all a''s and b's. im just a pathetic drunk who is falling apart.
You don't have to feel that way again, the choice is yours. A start would be to join us in the 24 hours club where we commit not to drink or drug for the next 24 hours http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4340911 Anyone can stay sober for 24 hours, right?
Before you know it those days do add up.
I would also suggest that you check out AA or a secular support group if it is more to your taste. You will not find any misplaced sympathy or an audience for your self pity there but some genuine support and guidance from people who have been there before.
Recovery can be a tough journey but the rewards are worth it. Whether or not you chose to take the first step is up to you.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hokey View Post
Do you want to quit drinking? REALLY want to quit?
not sure to be honest
Old 12-11-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

despite the atrocious over charging for child support, there is no sense to me being a parent. I'm literally a fall down drunk
Right now, you are absolutely correct but once you are sober those kids will need a dad far more than they will need the $$.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

a very fertile loser, but a loser, i was better when the 3 were raised. alot better. I'm awful now.
You may feel like a loser--most of us here have probably felt that way more than a few times--but there is always redemption. I know things seem like sh*t right now, but you can walk out of the hell you're in now--but you have to want it. Honestly, this may be a blessing in disguise.

My advice, stick around here and try to get some sober time.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:13 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thanks for your honesty You may find your perspective on all of this situation changing with sobriety (maybe, maybe not but I suspect it might shift a bit) but I know, for myself, I had to make that first step and I had to really WANT it ... for ME. I hope you find the help you're looking for and I wish you the best of luck.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:23 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

thats the one good thing i did. I raised those boys pretty well. man i remember my first drink. straight away i loved it. But I was all handsome back then. not so much anymore. I was so good to those 3. i worry they know i drink. I am certain I don't have the strength for these 2
Old 12-11-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

To Life Will Get Bet,

I am writing because you are saying what I did while drinking myself to sleep everynight.

I had it backwards: thought drinking was necessary due to my life problems that were unmanageable;

Also thought I would drink better if I knew what was wrong with me...

At my first AA Meeting I found out no more drinking for me, yuk!!!
yo
Well, after some time in Sobriety I found out 1) I am the problem and need to work on a solution or solutions in my life and 2) alcohol feeds the addictions and make the problems not just unmanageable but can be even life threatening if not treated.

I hope this make sense and/or helps you see something in here that you relate to.

Best of luck and Be Blessed!!!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
quat

I know I couldn't have quit without honestly knowing I wanted to.

Try the holiday break rehab , may help you make up your mind .
Old 12-11-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

been a womaizer. cheated on every girl i ever had. horrible thing to do, never really think i understood how much it hurt them. man have i sinned. holy shytes
Old 12-11-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

this last one, this last girl, ,man she was good. 26 years young, and just awesome. so i went ahead and cheated on her. i'm just in a bad way, i suck
Old 12-11-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

im a total loser
Old 12-11-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

Beating yourself up gets you nowhere - it just makes you feel like drinking more.
It's never too late to turn your life around - I think that's where your focus should be

D