Notices

im a drunk

Old 12-12-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Look, some women do try to trap rich men by getting pregnant. Not all women are honest. And I have no idea what kind of woman your 26 year old bartender is. You made a bad decision having unprotected sex with her. And you are going to continue to make terrible choices if you keep drinking.

To me it seems a few good steps would be to stop drinking and see a family law lawyer. I certainly would want partial legal custody of my kids. Just think of the amazing things you can do with those twins!
Old 12-13-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

If you will do what i can. sign up for rehab and be a man. and a father.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zelda1 View Post
When I first read this post I was disgusted by it and I clicked off of it like I would turning the channel from a Kardashians episode. But then I kept wondering why it bothered me so much. I thought about it a lot. Then when I got up at 4:30 am to feed my baby and rock him back to sleep I realized why. I'm just like that bartender. I "retired" after I got pregnant and the guy that got me pregnant is well off. I basically make 100k plus a year. Fortunately for me that guy is my husband and he's a very loving husband that helps me take care of my baby. I'm a full time mom and trust me, it isn't retirement. It isn't a vacation.
But that isn't what this is about, is it? No, this is your pity party. That's ok. Everyone on here has had plenty of pity parties. And you got my vote. I feel bad for you. But it isn't because you're a misunderstood millionaire that gets duped into sleeping with women for his money. Believe it or not, not everyone is out to get you. Not even the court that forces you to pay a lot of child support because I guess you'd rather... have her tough it out on her own? Sorry seniorita thanks for a good time, good luck with those twins? I feel bad for you because you're just like I was. You're just like everyone on this forum was at one point. You drink too much, you feel like ****, and you feel hopeless. I'm not a psychiatrist but I sense you have a lot of pride and that pride is what can kill you right now. If you haven't hit bottom yet you will some day. That pride is holding you back from getting help. All you have to do right now is have willingness. Drink some coffee, eat some toast and get some help. And if you don't agree with the help you get you can always get a full refund on your miserable life. Willingness.
I just read this one again. I am sorry if my snap reply was hurtful.

that noted, I absolutely cannot accept this. That a woman can make a GREAT living just for sleeping with some guy is insanity. You guys have way more o's than us anyway.

I fully grasp the amount it costs to raise a child. Its not even close to the child support amount, just a fraction. The rest goes to... what? Why can't I just pay for each expense? I'll pay for private school, I'll pay for everything, but thats not what my money will go to. It will go to whatever she wants to spend it on! Guessing thats probably not going to be the best allocation of funds.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Could you perhaps develop a friendship, a respectful working relationship with her? Then maybe your mind would be eased if you see she's not a stereotypical wastrel--or perhaps you might have some friendly input eventually about how the money is being spent. Keep your mind on the pragmatic and not on the ideological injustice.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whiskeyman View Post
If you will do what i can. sign up for rehab and be a man. and a father.
you are saying you and i both have new kids on the way?

man, truly, I would be honored to join you in sobriety for this.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

If you develop a friendly affection toward her, you might not mind so much sharing your money with her.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:50 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
If you develop a friendly affection toward her, you might not mind so much sharing your money with her.
What Gilmer says. You basically do no know the woman (ok so you slept with her, big deal) and you sound like you do not respect her. You are scared and upset, and we understand but the bottom line is that you two are bringing two new lives into the world and maybe it s time to put down the hatchet, communicate and make the twins well being your priorities.
Do not use your money and child support as a weapon (that goes both ways) because ultimately the ones paying will be the children,
I do not think she is the great ***** of Babylon, neither do I think she is Mother Theresa. She is a human being just like you. There is even a chance that she might have been a little intoxicated when you got together and was not thinking any more clearly than you were.
Right now, your priority is to focus on detoxing but I would strongly suggest that you work through this resentment and move on. Resentments and anger (whether justified or not) can lead to drinking.

Anyway, it's good to see you on day two and posting at the 24 hours club. Stay hydrated, don't drink and sign back up for another 24 hours tomorrow. It will get better.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I see your point and I also apologize if my initial comment came off as harsh. I was simply trying to tell you that having babies isn't easy. But I'm not here to take your inventory or debate the judicial system with you. This forum is about alcoholism and I want to share a little of my experience with you. What I know from my experience is that I had to be willing to do whatever it took to remain sober. For me, that meant swallowing my pride, sitting down, and LISTENING. I had to finally decide that I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. Not because my husband wanted me to stop, not because society wanted me to stop. I was just tired of being a slave to alcohol. I was tired of waking up jittery. I was tired of the anxiety and the shame. For me, I found freedom through AA. I thought it was pretty hokey when I first went there. I still think some of it is a little hokey. But I sat down and decided to give it a try because what I was doing wasn't working. I was a nurse and I thought I could figure it out because I was the one treating patients with liver failure. I was the one treating patients in the ER with DTs. I was full of pride. I didn't even want to admit to my family that I had a problem, but they knew anyway. I realized that not only did I have to stop drinking, I actually had to RECOVER from alcoholism. And by recover that means making a change inside of me. I had a lot to clean up from my past. I hurt a lot of people, mostly myself. It takes work, and it isn't easy, but I take it one thing at a time. One day at a time. I only have 6 months sober, but I feel better than I have in a long time and the memories from the past 6 months are good. They're peaceful. They're not full of turmoil. I found that the people in AA are just like me. They understand exactly why I've done some of the **** I've done, and many of them have done a lot worse things than I have. I ask you to just give it a try. It sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands. I ask that you just take an hour, go to a meeting, and just listen. That's all you have to do. If you want to have a drink after then go have a drink. Rehab might be a good option for you too. There are lots of options for help. You just have to be willing to try. Take care of yourself and the rest will fall into place.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

You seem to have a lot of guilt. I do too. But I don't think it just goes away. I think you have to work at it, and I think it takes a while. If you're like me you've been doing ****** things for the past several years. It might take a while to work through all that, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes I just have to realize what I can and cannot change. Sometimes I just have to live in the now and not yesterday or tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:15 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Could you perhaps develop a friendship, a respectful working relationship with her? Then maybe your mind would be eased if you see she's not a stereotypical wastrel--or perhaps you might have some friendly input eventually about how the money is being spent. Keep your mind on the pragmatic and not on the ideological injustice.
that is a pretty unique thought. the ideological aspect.

and man I suppose I'll have to eventually accept that I'm not in charge. Thats part of it too you know. And btw in the other thread you chose 3 bible passages I'd forgotten, and they were great, great selections. I read that book 10 times, beacause I couldn't stand the sermons at church. I used to know it by heart.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:20 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zelda1 View Post
I see your point and I also apologize if my initial comment came off as harsh. I was simply trying to tell you that having babies isn't easy. But I'm not here to take your inventory or debate the judicial system with you. This forum is about alcoholism and I want to share a little of my experience with you. What I know from my experience is that I had to be willing to do whatever it took to remain sober. For me, that meant swallowing my pride, sitting down, and LISTENING. I had to finally decide that I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. Not because my husband wanted me to stop, not because society wanted me to stop. I was just tired of being a slave to alcohol. I was tired of waking up jittery. I was tired of the anxiety and the shame. For me, I found freedom through AA. I thought it was pretty hokey when I first went there. I still think some of it is a little hokey. But I sat down and decided to give it a try because what I was doing wasn't working. I was a nurse and I thought I could figure it out because I was the one treating patients with liver failure. I was the one treating patients in the ER with DTs. I was full of pride. I didn't even want to admit to my family that I had a problem, but they knew anyway. I realized that not only did I have to stop drinking, I actually had to RECOVER from alcoholism. And by recover that means making a change inside of me. I had a lot to clean up from my past. I hurt a lot of people, mostly myself. It takes work, and it isn't easy, but I take it one thing at a time. One day at a time. I only have 6 months sober, but I feel better than I have in a long time and the memories from the past 6 months are good. They're peaceful. They're not full of turmoil. I found that the people in AA are just like me. They understand exactly why I've done some of the **** I've done, and many of them have done a lot worse things than I have. I ask you to just give it a try. It sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands. I ask that you just take an hour, go to a meeting, and just listen. That's all you have to do. If you want to have a drink after then go have a drink. Rehab might be a good option for you too. There are lots of options for help. You just have to be willing to try. Take care of yourself and the rest will fall into place.
Man. one year ago I could have guaranteed that if I walked into a business function in my town, I'd have been a celeb.

I ruined that. That doesn't really matter, I guess. I'm still by far great at biz.

How did your family find out? you said they know, someone else, grunge, said that too. How do they find out?

Man i hope my boys don't know. I would just die.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by inabadway View Post
I just read this one again. I am sorry if my snap reply was hurtful.

that noted, I absolutely cannot accept this. That a woman can make a GREAT living just for sleeping with some guy is insanity. You guys have way more o's than us anyway.

I fully grasp the amount it costs to raise a child. Its not even close to the child support amount, just a fraction. The rest goes to... what? Why can't I just pay for each expense? I'll pay for private school, I'll pay for everything, but thats not what my money will go to. It will go to whatever she wants to spend it on! Guessing thats probably not going to be the best allocation of funds.
Sounds like more victim and control speak to me... How about this thought; if all men took responsibility to fairly support the children they created, we wouldn't need such laws. I wouldn't make any bets on which there are more of, deadbeat Dad's or opportunistic women.
You would do well to focus on things you can effect, like your sobriety, and the lives you've created. Nothings gonna change about the consequences of unprotected sex or who gets more O's.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

I don't think there's a wealthy man or woman alive that is not well aware of the fact that the opposite sex might go after them for their money. You put out the bait and she took you up on your offer. How is that wrong, don't business people go for the money all the time?
Old 12-13-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seren View Post
Forgive me for intruding on this conversation, but it would seem to me that you have so very many good things in your life. You make a more than comfortable living, have a roof over your head and food on your table. You are apparently very successful at business--a true talent.

And even though the mother of your children is not someone with whom you would like to spend the rest of your life, you have two very precious little lives on the way that are part of you. In a way, I am envious of you, and it's not because of your money. I have never been able to have children.

There are many people here who are happy to support you if recovery is what you truly want. IMHO, hallmarks of true recovery are honesty, transparency, and humility. I wish you every happiness and success.
I was never prepared for my station in life. all the people begging, pecking. you are all right, I just have to deal.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BackToSquareOne View Post
I don't think there's a wealthy man or woman alive that is not well aware of the fact that the opposite sex might go after them for their money. You put out the bait and she took you up on your offer. How is that wrong, don't business people go for the money all the time?
oh its me. all me. I did it. I must now live through the consequences
Old 12-13-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Man. one year ago I could have guaranteed that if I walked into a business function in my town, I'd have been a celeb.

I ruined that. That doesn't really matter, I guess. I'm still by far great at biz.

How did your family find out? you said they know, someone else, grunge, said that too. How do they find out?

Man i hope my boys don't know. I would just die.
Frankly, my husband caught me redhanded and then gave me the choice of either calling my parents myself or he calling them for me. But it didn't matter. It isn't hard to tell. Crap like forgetting conversations you had the night before, having a high tolerance, etc. Usually people close to you can figure it out.

I thought my husband would leave me for sure. He's a wonderful man and he could have any woman he wants. But he didn't leave. You'd be surprised how forgiving and understanding people can be. You can't control an alcohol addiction. I hope you understand that someday. Your sons may or may not know. If you don't want them to know no one is going to force you to tell them. But if they don't know then they'll probably figure it out someday. Have you ever heard the term "alcoholism is a progressive disease"?
Old 12-13-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

oh its me. all me. I did it. I must now live through the consequences
No more whining. Time to go get some help! You can do it!