Notices

I drank Tonight

Old 11-18-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by longbeachone View Post
My heart went out to you when I read your post. It must be torture to be only 21 and to admit that you're an alcoholic. I admire you so much for working to commit to a sober life at such a tender age. You are truly saving yourself years and years of misery. I know it feels awful to slip, but just climb right back on that horse. You can do this!!!
It is really tough only being 21, but there's not much I can do about it.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:35 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bostonsportsfan View Post
It is really tough only being 21, but there's not much I can do about it.
I hope this can give you some hope. Our son turned 22 on Sept 18th of this year, on Sept 19th he celebrated his 5th year of Sobriety. He's been honest with his friends about not drinking or using since the beginning. Friends who used to be 'part of the family' have gone on a different path. But, new friends continue to be part of his life. It does get better. I just had my 1 year Sober birthday, life is amazing isn't it. Bobbi
Old 11-18-2013, 10:59 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BarbieKen View Post
I hope this can give you some hope. Our son turned 22 on Sept 18th of this year, on Sept 19th he celebrated his 5th year of Sobriety. He's been honest with his friends about not drinking or using since the beginning. Friends who used to be 'part of the family' have gone on a different path. But, new friends continue to be part of his life. It does get better. I just had my 1 year Sober birthday, life is amazing isn't it. Bobbi

That's impressive to get sober at 17.

All my friends accept me as a sober person, but the temptation is the biggest problem.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:15 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bostonsportsfan View Post
Being sober and 21 is so hard. So many times I'm pressured it's to the point I almost have to distance myself from my true friends to stay sober.
I'm right there with you. I got sober, this time, 18 days after I turned 21. There have been times where I have been tempted, especially with recent pain. I am at a spot right now where I have to make boundaries and stick to them. I remember the chaos that my life was when I wasn't sober. I don't want that chaos again. I have become much more then I was over nine months ago when I was last a slave to substances, and I don't want to destroy that. The most important day I have is today, and the most important thing I have to do today is not put a substance back in my body and begin my voluntary slavery again.

Last edited by StevenT; 11-18-2013 at 11:16 PM. Reason: fix minor misspelling
Old 11-19-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey BSF, hope you are doing well today.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Hey BSF, hope you are doing well today.
Doing pretty good. Moving forward from my slip up.