Notices

Morning anxiety/depression is annoying.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Morning anxiety/depression is annoying.

I've been doing a meditation series and a morning yoga sequence. I have been feeling so on edge, angry, helpless, etc.....that if I WASN'T doing it I can't imagine what I'd be like right now. I don't want to drink or do anything to numb out, thank goodness, but I am having such a difficult time just sitting with myself right now. That's why I'm forcing myself to keep doing this meditation. I almost wish it were longer.

Yesterday I had lunch with a good friend who always makes me laugh and the rest of the day was pretty good. It's mornings that have been difficult. I'm not a morning person and have always been overly emotional at that time of day. I sometimes wonder if it is due to my bipolar disorder. Something to ask my shrink, I guess.

Just rambling here......thanks for listening.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Readerbaby71, staying off the chemicals has proven to be the easy part, doing "new" behavior is turning out to be the real challenge. The mornings have been my hardest time to, I wake up ranting and raving about nothing. However, I'm beginning to make some progress, and there's no turning back. Rootin for ya.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What meditation series are you doing?
Old 11-19-2013, 10:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Other than drinking one night a few weeks ago, I haven't had a drink for months and months. It's tough. I know a lot of it is situational but it still sucks. I was going to post in the mental health forum but it doesn't get a lot of postings.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Reader baby, I struggle with morning depression and anxiety. Almost every morning I wake up feeling like I am going to cry. I have started coming on here and checking in on the 24 hours post and then reading a bit. It has sort of thrown me off because I usually read my newspaper and yes, I get it delivered the old fashioned way, I would have a cup of coffee and a cigarette. I am not totally without vices yet.

That seems to help. I probably could do some yoga but I find if I try it in my huse one of the kids or cats interrupts and sits on me. Keep up the meditation. I am going to find my meditation cd somewhere. It used to help.

Hang in there. Glad you didn't drink. I've been feeling edgy lately myself. That is why I am at McDonald's at lunch for the wi fi. My lifeline. A port in the storm.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lately, I've been struggling with anxiety in the morning as well. When I wake up, its like I want to crawl outta my skin. Totally sucks. I'm not a morning person at all, and having this much anxiety 1st thing, sometimes sets the tone for the day and that's not right.

I was thinking the same thing as you were and maybe my Bi-Polar had something to do with it. My psychiatrist seems to agree with this line of thinking, but again this is for me only. It's different for everybody, which I'm sure you already know.

Just thought that might help...

Good luck!
Old 11-19-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Yeah, I have had some ghastly mornings recently, especially after waking up after weird dreams. I feel ok after a while though. But it's horrible
Old 11-19-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Meditation is a great thing in sobriety. My personal experience is limited because I am a bit lazy and undisciplined in this regard, but if I remember to start my day with a little prayer and meditation, the day goes great.

The AA oldtimers were really big on meditatioon and used to hold meditation meetings. It was regarded as hugely important to sobriety. but they would never have said it was an answer in itself.

The flow of meditation was disrupted for me by all the other things that were wrong - my crazy selfcentred thinking, the skeletons in the closet, and the people I couldn't face to name a few. For meditation to be really effective they felt some other steps need to be taken to clear the blocks.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've been doing some side work this week for extra money, located at a HUGE liquor store(obz didn't plan for this). I didn't really have a problem the first day. Just kinda annoyed.

Yesterday, everything was fine - until I drank 2 cups of coffee in the afternoon.

I started thinking about drinking, and had a Massive/LONG anxiety attack. Horrible thoughts. About death mostly. How I am working next to the very thing that can cause my death now. So i've been kinda recently told.

Some people are passive about their death. Not me, screw that. I would like to live to 985091509159+ if I could. I don't wanna die.

Anyways, today wasn't to bad, but the anxiety/drained energy was still sorta strong.

So I dunno if this is from the coffee? my early sobriety?(brain changing), working at a liquor store? being around some annoying people sometimes? or what?..but just feel like i'm loosing my mind lately.

Whatever the case, i'm not happy. Going to work there tommorow again..but thats it. Hopefully this is the reason