Notices

I like to drink

Old 10-06-2013, 01:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I like to drink

gets me all funny feeling.

I dont like to be sober and I have no desire to be.

Thanks
Old 10-06-2013, 01:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Really? May I ask why you're on a recovery website set up to support those who are trying to quit then?
Old 10-06-2013, 01:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

sober you and drunk you need to talk Gravel.

09-30-2013
Originally Posted by Gravel View Post
Regretting things said while drunk

is the most painful thing for me.

Hi All,

I have been managing my drinks but the binges are back with me again. My sweet girlfriend has been so patient for almost a year with me on this drinking but I am pretty sure we're done now.

So now I am facing trying to get sober without a women I love. It's not going to be an easy task. I'm sure I will be really lonely for a year or more until it goes away.

But what's scary also is the only person who helped me try to stop drinking has given up and I don't blame her.

Alcohol sucks and just wrecked me again. I was 2 years sober coming from a 9 year binge, then for the last year I have been drinking again.

Looking back on those 2 years I had a lot going on for me. I had a healthy body and I was able to have a loving relationship. I'm not an alcoholic who can be with a girl. The alcohol clashes with my mind and voids out the feeling of love somehow. Then when I wake up I am able to feel love again and have to face the broken glass everywhere so to speak. I'm an arrogant ***** drunk.

I'm so cause up in booze I wanted this relationship to work and keep the booze. Yea I am jealous of men who can somehow do it. But for me that option is off the table. I guess it's a matter of what I wanted more - the beer or the girl. And sadly I'm disgusted with myself for my decision I made with my actions. And I'm also sickened how I keep trying to make myself believe I can be a successful drunk.
D
Old 10-06-2013, 01:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks
Yeah Gravel - we feel 'funny' for the first 15 minutes, then the legs go, the mouth opens and spouts utters garbage / argues, the bowels become unpredictable, we pee non-stop and then there are all the lovely withdrawals to look forward to, as well as guilt, paranoia, disgrace, shaking, sweating, vomiting..... ALL for that 15 minute buzz.

Is it REALLY what worth it? x
Old 10-06-2013, 01:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Get a better feeling after a good run than alcoHELL ever gave me.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great response Dee...I was sitting here annoyed as **** then saw your post from this poor guy. Hey, Gravel, tomorrow when you hopefully sober up, come back. Help is here.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If we are to live, we all need to sober up one day.
Stick around guy.......
G
Old 10-06-2013, 01:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

*sigh*
Old 10-06-2013, 02:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ummm... OK? Good luck with that.

Alcohol sucks and just wrecked me again. I was 2 years sober coming from a 9 year binge, then for the last year I have been drinking again.
^^^ Sounds like a terribly funny feeling, I can't imagine ever wanting to be rid of it. (Not).

We'll be here whenever you realize what an abysmal waste of time and health this decision may turn out to be. Might want to bookmark this site... you know... just in case.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Keep coming back Gravel--we'll be here when you are ready
Old 10-06-2013, 03:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
AA member

What an awful illness Alcoholism is.

I hope when you sober up you reconsider.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This post is the classic next day traumatizing feeling you get when you start checking all your social media to see what you left there.

Keep coming back Gravel, we are good company to be around. Keep writing here, we are listening...
Old 10-06-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sounds to me like you are simply not ready to quit. I agree with Jeni26 - why are you part of a recovery website dealing with those who are looking to quit drinking?
I don't know if you are going to recieve any messages that encourage you to continue on your path of alcohol distruction, but when you are ready to quit - you will defenitly receive a great deal of help here.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Thanks
I don't believe that statement for a minute and once you're sober I don't think you will either. Can you see the madness? Is that really what you want?
Old 10-06-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by longbeachone View Post
.... Hey, Gravel, tomorrow when you hopefully sober up, come back. Help is here.

yeah man, we *all* know what its like to make a complete t*t out of ourselves.. thats the beauty of hanging out with ex-drunks, weve all been there.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks
Ah, you can't fool me Gravel. After the hurt of the hangover wears off, give it another shot, we will all be here.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm ready to try this again. I've had a pretty bad hangover. No vomiting but completely run down. This is the 3rd day of the hang too. Come Friday will be the time I have to hold back from drinking because my body will have healed by then and I'm get proud about it again. I have to find something else to do.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Gravel;
Dust yourself off and climb back on the horse. You can do it--what kinds of things can you plan to do on Friday to help keep you from thinking about drinking? I suggest a list of planned activites (reading, movies, walks, house cleaning, going to eat, etc) so you aren't left with time to think about it. Exercise was one of my favorites. Long hike or gym visit, hot bath later, then crash early with some hot herbal tea. Good luck!
Old 10-08-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Get going Gravel!!!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

What's the plan gravel? I was like this, Mondays I would be so hungover I would hold off drinking until Friday where I forgot what Monday was like and I did it all over again. You have to finally look at Friday and say, "I am going to do this instead." What is that thing going to be?