Notices

Were you a picky drinker?

Old 08-09-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Boleo View Post
After a few gulps of vodka, I was willing to soak up the vodka I had spilled on the floor with a dirty rag and ring it out back into my glass. By that point, I thought disposing of it was "alcohol abuse".
This hit home. I can so relate. The ugly stuff we do to keep the buzz going is horrendous, but once I am drunk and spill that bottle (on many occasions) I was always trying to find a way to get it back into the bottle or my mouth as the thought of wasting it ticked me off.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I never developed a taste for beer or wine. It was only rum, vodka, tequila, or shots of whatever syrupy sweet schnapps was around. Very occasionally was there a shot or two of absinthe.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strawberryblond View Post
...shots of whatever syrupy sweet schnapps was around.
I remember splitting a bottle of peppermint schnapps with my boyfriend in high school. One of the worst hangovers I ever had.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by boleo View Post
after a few gulps of vodka, i was willing to soak up the vodka i had spilled on the floor with a dirty rag and ring it out back into my glass. By that point, i thought disposing of it was "alcohol abuse".
rofl
Old 08-09-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

I pretended to be a high class drinker, buying expensive wines and up-tee-do craft beers that I couldn't afford, but the truth of the matter was, I would drink moonshine if it was the only thing in the house. AND I was a big Jack Daniel's drinker, what do they call that, white-trash whiskey?
Old 08-10-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Nah, it was always cheap stuff for me. I could never understand why fellow alcoholics went for anything other than the absolute cheapest - we were drinking to get ethanol into our blood as fast as possible, so why dress it up in ceremony? Suppose that is part of the denial, eh.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Only wine, "hard" liquor made me throw up after two. I really do have an alcohol allergy.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I used to love cold, white wine in the summer, and then as the winter drew in I used to love red wine. When I relapse though I tend to go for sherry or cherry brandy. Which takes me back to my childhood. Money was never an issue, so I rarely bought anything crap.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:38 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Yes, Iwas really picky related to alcohol. Used to buy only expensive whiskey such as Ballantines, Chivas and Jackies, and vodka Skyy and Grey Goose. So much money wasted in order to grab a pseudo-happiness, fortunately those days will not be missed.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I drank good beer. I'm kind of amazed that I don't miss it more, here in the middle of summer. I went for years drinking malt liquor because if you're going to drink cheap beer it might as well be strong. The hangovers are really rude, even for a young person in denial. Ick.