Notices

Wine is such a load of crap

Old 07-08-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Ya know what they say...when you point a finger there's three pointing back at you.
I'm sure there are more than three fingers pointing back at me. But, I quit caring about people pointing fingers at me a long time ago.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Former wino myself. After reading your extremely amusing post..I thought of a guy I listened to at an AA meeting..when I went years ago. He was really funny. In his share he was talking about how he fancied himself a wine connasieur (sp?...too lazy to look at up and you know what I mean). He built himself a wine cellar and subscribed to all these wine magazines that he'd keep on his coffee table.
And then he said...who did I think I was trying to kid? I was just a drunk..plain and simple.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:17 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Nuudawn...I can totally see that. I drank maybe 8 bottles of wine (in total) my whole life. When I'd drink that wine I would forget about any drinking problem I might have...I was drinking healthy!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:46 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I work at a high end wine store. I get to sample all kinds of $300 champagnes and Bordeauxs.

In one regard, I assure you that a nice Medoc or Pauillac can be truly delicious... and I can tell white pepper and black currant from black pepper and tart cherry on the nose.

In another regard, it's totally a load of crap and full of pretentious ridiculous jerk offs. "pff, you like merlot, and you're willing to admit it? hahaha *smug smirk*" - same person doesn't know that the $50 St.Emilion that they found so "hedonisitic" and "luxurious" is 80% merlot based. Also people who buy expensive bottles just for the hell of it really tick me off. I can give you a $15 bottle of wine that will blow your freakin mind, and I kind find you a $150 champagne that is, frankly, mediocre at best. It's like art collectors who really don't give a **** other than looking opulent. A LOT of that, trust me.

Either way, I like wine and can actually have a glass at dinner without much of a problem. I can also get away with having a crisp glass of white on a summer day.... I'm on this forum because I end up pounding half a bottle of bourbon until 2am when I have work at 9 the next day