Notices

I May Need Rehab.....!!!

Old 05-08-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I May Need Rehab.....!!!

I woke up in the hospital this morning. I was extremely drunk & the Dr. told me I was having trouble breathing. My BAC level was .38 and I had cocaine plus benzodiazapams in my system. I had some kind of machine to help me breath. Surprisingly the hospital staff & Dr. were very nice with me. I suspect because I was dressed very nice. Although I was guzzling the cheap vodka like usual. They knew I had been sober a long while because I had not been there in 1+ years. Technically, I should not be kicked out of my families home because I did not drink or was intoxicated in the house. I want to attend a good rehab though. One with good food, activities, can have cell phone, ect....
Old 05-08-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
I woke up in the hospital this morning. I was extremely drunk & the Dr. told me I was having trouble breathing. My BAC level was .38 and I had cocaine plus benzodiazapams in my system. I had some kind of machine to help me breath. Surprisingly the hospital staff & Dr. were very nice with me. I suspect because I was dressed very nice. Although I was guzzling the cheap vodka like usual. They knew I had been sober a long while because I had not been there in 1+ years. Technically, I should not be kicked out of my families home because I did not drink or was intoxicated in the house. I want to attend a good rehab though. One with good food, activities, can have cell phone, ect....
For crying out loud, Justfor1, you sound like Lindsay f...ing Lohan.

And to quote Austin Powers, "Well I vana toilet made out of solid gold, but it's just not in the cards, now is it?"
Old 05-08-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

[QUOTE=wheresthefun;3956151]For crying out loud, Justfor1, you sound like Lindsay f...ing Lohan.

They always tell you that you have to do something different in order to stay sober. What is wrong with wanting good top notch treatment? I believe I am dying & think it's time to try a good place. I have been to state run places many, many times. Half the patients are dangerous criminals who are there because they got out of prison early. I will have to do a ton of research but the good rehabs do have limited "charity funded" people. I want to change my life & I want to stop the insanity of my life. I have probably 50+ hospital admissions from drugs/alcohol. I'm tired of emergency rooms.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You don't want rehab, you want a vacation. Sorry, but you put too many conditions on sobriety. Man up and do whatever is necessary. WHATEVER is necessary. Otherwise, you don't want it enough.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Jusrfor1, don't forget the limo.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
jkb

Justfor1,
I want that too... and I have been sober a few months... but some time away would be great. However, it is not an option for me. It may or may not be an option for you but, you are right in the belief that you are in need of treatment. Just my opinion but, If I were in your shoes I would go to whatever treatment center would take me. You could very well have died and it still sounds questionable to me wheather or not you are done. I really hope you are done and ready to get help. GL, Jess
Old 05-08-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

One on my best friends ex husbands went to a 40,000 dollar rehab two years ago. He'd been to rehab several times, this was the poshest. He got his sister to pay for it. He's not sober, but he did meet another rich boozer who married him and now she pays for his booze and hers because she has managed to hang onto her high paying job.

Meanwhile...my friend (they've been divorced a long time) couldn't afford rehab but she got sober, raised their three kids (sometimes living in a car), and got the kids in school and making headway in their lives. Her oldest son got sober in AA about 4 months ago! He couldn't afford rehab either. She has been going to meetings on and off with him, as well as some al-anon meetings.

Rubbing elbows with money in rehab doesn't make it more likely you'll get or stay sober. Wanting it and being willing to do what it takes is the most important. No matter what people think or want to believe is true. Money can't buy you life. Even people with money still have to be willing to life, trust, try, risk and work in order to have a life worth living. And people without a lot of money still have awesome and fulfilling lives, if they are willing to invest in life.

Do what you want, but in the end it's not the rehab center that matters most, or the particular program, etc etc. it's the will and determination of the addict to create the life they want to live. The rehab option wasn't even on the table for me, maybe that was actually a good thing, I didn't have the distraction of trying to choose the "right" one.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

How did you end up in the hospital? I am hoping you weren't driving. I hope you are OK. A year is a long time sober-Do you miss it?
Old 05-08-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can't have a cell phone in any rehab because you would be yacking on your phone instead of getting rehabbed.

The bottom line is that you have to do some hard work in recovery no matter where you do it. It is going to suck either way. We all have to do stuff we don't want to do. It is called life.

This is going to sound harsh and it IS, but.....

I had a cousin that could never get sober because she was too lazy and dishonest to work a program. She died of liver failure at 41. She drank right up until she possibly could too.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

"One with good food, activities, can have cell phone, ect.... "

selfishness aint gonna get ya sober. as stated in all the other threads of yours by many member on here, ya gotta put in the footwork.
i am sure if all of your posts were from someone else and ya read em, you would see the insanity.

will top notch rehab work? have you happened to watch celebrity rehab? mindy mcready comitted suicide, mike starr, joey kovar, rodny king,jeff conaway... all went to pretty upscale rehab. all died with alcohol/drugs being a factor.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

One with good food, activities, can have cell phone, ect....
hay Bro i would keep going to government ones no matter how much. you have a serious problem, you need help, beggers cannot be picky. Man up and get on that horse Bro. you can do it.
you want one with good food, are you serious? Really? come on get real!
if you want to go to one like the Betty Ford Clinic, save your pennies cause i heard it cost about $50,000.00 dollars.
good luck Bro!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

My thoughts about rehab is similar to
like chosing a college to attend for a
degree. For me, it's not necessary to
choose the most expensive college
to get what you need, however a smaller
college would be just as good, just as
long as I apply myself and get my degree.

Of course I went to LSU for 2yrs.
sitting out several semesters during
my early drinking career and wanted
to party and not study....lol So no
degree.

Anyway....

I spent 28 days in a rehab/recovery
facility right here in Baton Rouge 22 yrs.
ago and once upon release I followed
up with a 6 week outpatient aftercare
program along with using the tools and
knowledge of a recovery program for
alcoholics each and everyday I have
remained sober.

I listened, learned, applied what has so
freely passed on to me by others staying
sober for long periods of time so I could
follow.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Technically, I should not be kicked out of my families home because I did not drink or was intoxicated in the house.
If you're stuck in this whole mentality of "not getting caught", it won't matter if it's a "good" or "bad" rehab.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

wow interesting thread...not going to jump on the bandwagon here....

what you need is to sober up....looks like you've been through all of the rounds of treatment, rehab, hospitals....

quit drinking and help someone else do the same....try AA and NA
Old 05-08-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1
I will have to do a ton of research but the good rehabs do have limited "charity funded" people.
The important word is limited. Call them up, they'll put you on a list and you're sure to hear back from them at some point in the next 200 years.

At the risk of stating the obvious, have you considered that you're insisting on a fancy rehab precisely because you know, deep down, that it's not going to happen?
Old 05-08-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

The bottom line is...you have to want to be clean & sober...YOU HAVE TO WANT IT & go to any lengths to get. If you don't want it, it doesn't matter if you go to a Salvation Army program or a posh program...the program will help you get sober, but YOU have to do the work to stay sober. I was fortunate enough to go to a good rehab & it was the best decision I have made. BUT I wanted to stop. And today I continue to go to 3 or 4 meeting a week, work with sponsors and try to incorporate what I have learned (including the 12 Steps) into my daily life.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Technically, I should not be kicked out of my families home because I did not drink or was intoxicated in the house. I want to attend a good rehab though. One with good food, activities, can have cell phone, ect....

Before you grace the *good* rehab with your presence, be sure they will support your sense of Entitlement and that they will educate your family about it. And be sure that the hospital where you wound up today also knows this, so they can cancel this bill too. After all, everyone SHOULD help to support you for free.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

[QUOTE=Someguy23;3956314]The important word is limited. Call them up, they'll put you on a list and you're sure to hear back from them at some point in the next 200 years.

I have always found ways to get free or reduced medical care. It is a lot of work though. Anyone who thinks Hazelton in MN is the same quality of care as the local Salvation Army is in denial. I've been to Salvation Army twice & went to a outpatient Hazleton meeting in Chicago. They even get Starbucks coffee! Maybe I can start a donation website where the public can help me? Truth be told, I already owe hospitals well over $100,000 anyways. Of course, bankruptcy will help with that.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
Before you grace the *good* rehab with your presence, be sure they will support your sense of Entitlement and that they will educate your family about it. And be sure that the hospital where you wound up today also knows this, so they can cancel this bill too. After all, everyone SHOULD help to support you for free.
I don't even open most of my mail because it upsets me.. I no longer care about my finances.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

i hope you get in