Notices

I May Need Rehab.....!!!

Old 05-08-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

why in the world would we be envious of you? yer livin in the problem! we did that. it didnt work.
if yer envious of us, you can have what we have. all it costs is footwork, but i honstly think you want others to do the footwork for you and i feel sorry for you.

now yer blaming being unemployed as the ecuse why ya drank again. soon you'll run out of excuses. find one i didnt use and i'll be pretty darn impressed!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

People seem to grill me on the fact that I don't have medical coverage. The simple fact is that I will stroll in any hospital I want. Should I make small payments for these bills? Nope, I will pay nothing. These low cost & "free" treatment centers & therapy clinics are why I am the way I am. How many of you people actually been in a Salvation Army rehab with bed bugs? How about going to our "free" county hospital? The average wait is 20hrs in the Emergency Room! I'm going to get into one of those nice rehabs no matter how long it takes.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Grateful

I had some kind of machine to help me breath.
Dude that machine is called a ventilator. I know because I have had two heart surgeries (valve replacement and ascending aorta replacement) and I was on one after both surgeries. That "machine" wasn't to help you breath, it was breathing for you because you were so loaded you were going into respiratory arrest. I would say that with your attitude you will be dead soon and won't have to worry about how posh the rehab is. I know that is harsh, but the truth often is.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you weren't driving! Maybe you could try again. You had a whole year. I know you could do it again!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
How many of you people actually been in a Salvation Army rehab with bed bugs? I'm going to get into one of those nice rehabs no matter how long it takes.
well if i had to hit rock bottom by sleeping in a bed with bedbug and i was in a treatment center that was FREE, i would do it. i may not like it, but i would be sober! heck there can be bed bugs in my bed, blanket, pillow, or small fish in my bath tub, and drinking water. i would do it.
good luck in getting in, wish you luck.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

I have slept at a Salvation Army with bed bugs because my Mom left my alcoholic abusive dad when I was 12. Also stayed in various other shelters and the such. They helped us when the person who should have protected us couldn't.

I'm sorry that you're in the hospital and are so sick, I really really hope you get it this time. It is all up to you though. Best of luck.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

nobodys grillin ya about not havin medical coverage. what i read is people doin what they should: callin ya out on yer BS. yer not willing to do whatever it takes to get sober. yer putting conditions on it.
havent personally been to SA, but i know quite a few sober folks that have. since it saved their life, it was the best time fo their life.
yer eyes may sparkle
and yer teeth may glitter
but ya cant bull**it
and old bull**itter.

i think there 1 or 2 old bull**itters here.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Lol
Old 05-08-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

If the free rehabs are to "gross" for you or not up ally lots of people have gotten sober without rehab. Since you don't or have to pay any bills you could do your "own rehab" start fresh from home, go to daily AA meetings, come to meetings online here or at intherooms( another recovery website). Instead of swindling money for alcohol use that money to go buy a kitchen full of groceries and nice coffe. Or order Chinese and pizza every night. Take daily walks. You don't have to have rehab. I wish I were so lucky as to not have to work or pay bills. I'd do a "stay at home " rehab on a heartbeat. Stop blaming everything around you and get this fantasy of going to Betty ford out of your head. Best wishes
Old 05-08-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just

when I finally got sober, I thought I was dead.
I was desperate, terrified and absolutely willing to do whatever it took to change my life.

For all your talk about living on the streets and panhandling and whatever else you've been through, horrible as that must be....I'm sorry - I really don't think you've gotten to that point of desperation yet.

That saddens me cos a lot of people don't make it, waiting for that point to hit.

You could change your life tomorrow, if you really want.

I can't really see the point in threads like this - you don't seem interested in the advice you're getting... and intentionally or not, you're simply winding people up.

thread closed.
D