Notices

I May Need Rehab.....!!!

Old 05-08-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

"I have always found ways to get free or reduced medical care"
"I already owe hospitals well over $100,000 anyways"
dellusional.

ive seen many many poeple who have long term recovery that drank coffeee at salvation army and manymany more that drink regular old folgers, hills bros, even no brand coffee at meetings.

good luck with that website. not too many poeple are intersted in handing out money for someone who wont help themselves.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

JFOne,

I think that bottom line is, If you don't CARE, you aren't going get sober long term. No one owes you anything...you may just have to work for it...be it in a fancy clinic or not, it's all on YOU. Nothing you complain about will change that.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Man, you are putting a lot of conditions on your sobriety my friend. Good coffee for Pete's sake? C'mon! Are you willing to do whatever it takes to get sober for good or are you just looking for some temporary relief?
Old 05-08-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
My brain is trying to kill me

......and a Rehab that lets me drink......and bring my dog.....and get visits from friends...go to parties....

How about learning that drinking and drugging is not an option? You are focusing on the wrong priorities.

Get real, get sober. Recovery Rocks

Good Luck and Take Care my friend.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good grief Justfor1, have you ever examined the notion of "FREE"? "Free" is on the backs of hard-working people, through taxes, bequests, contributions, and yes, a few rich folks. But every time you get something for "free" there are hundreds of people who cannot get that spot because they are not as good at "working the system" as you are.

If you want sobriety do the work.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Just for 1, I sure as hell hope you are joking. Shame on you if you are on this site kiddding around to get a rise out of people and not taking this as serious as it is and shame on you for working the system. Sorry but you sound kind of like a sociopath. Needing to quit drinking is only one of your problems. The second is to grow up and be a productive member of society!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you Pamel for pointing out that the sub par "free" rehab and "free" medical care and bills that go unpaid become the responsibility of those of us schmucks who work and struggle to pay bills and provide for our families.

Being resentful of some rehabs offering Starbucks should be the least of your concerns JF1. I hope you choose to take the help that is there for you and apply it to your life.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Ok.... I'm pretty sure just is purposely yanking our chains or trolling. Either way I do hope you reach out and get the help you may need just
Old 05-08-2013, 11:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
jkb

Well it does have starbucks coffee....

If I were on death's doorstep I too would be concerned about cellphones and Starbucks

Good Luck to you JFO.... I truly hope you are just trolling about and not in need because I dont see anything in your post implying that you are ready to get serious.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Yes, it's a shame when idiots BS on this site where people are fighting for their lives. Justfor1, when/if you become JustforReal and do want help, we will be here for you.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I sent my son to a 30 day $40,000 rehab Chicago, IL 2 years ago & a second $30,000 30 day rehab in Del Ray Beach, Fl last year. He stayed sober for 2 weeks after the 1st rehab & 3 days after the 2nd. I'm still writing checks for the loans I took out to pay for them while he's out getting high.

My point is the expensive rehabs aren't magic, & you've got to be committed to being sober. You're going to end up dead if you don't get help, I just hope you don't take an innocent person along with you in the process.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Rehab sure wasn't cheap back in 1990.
In fact, I was to be let go at 2 weeks
into rehab because it was all that my
insurance could handle. However, I
begged them to allow me to stay there
instead of being transfered to a halfway
house out of state for much longer away
from my little family.

So, im grateful that my family stepped in
to allow me to stay no matter how much
money it cost. The result of treatment and
chosing to staying sober for the past
22yrs. was and is worth every penny.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Mad4Chaos, that is what love will do. I have heard of people who finally got sober and paid back all that money and repaid (in kind) the love that was so readily given. I will hope that for you and your son.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I am kind of at the point where I feel a bit like banging my head against the wall after reading your posts.
Come on JF1!!! Wake up! Grow up! Stop the pity parties. By no means do I want to discourage you from posting here, quite the opposite. But what do you honestly hope to hear from others when you refuse to accept responsibility for your drinking and then go and act like a diva in finding help?
I truly cannot figure out what it is you want. You are so wishy washy in your answers when asked if you want to get sober. You plan relapses. You know how much trouble you get in and yet you are fully capable of going long periods without drinking. Sometimes, it feels to me as if you like the attention, be it negative or positive.
What do you truly wish for your life to be like?
Old 05-08-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pamel View Post
Mad4Chaos, that is what love will do. I have heard of people who finally got sober and paid back all that money and repaid (in kind) the love that was so readily given. I will hope that for you and your son.
Thanks Pamel, it's a shame addicts purposefully take advantage of that love.

Unfortunately, the clocks already ticking for my son. He caught Hepatitis C right before his 1st rehab 2 years ago & since he turned 21 last year, he's been hitting the bottle pretty hard on top of all the other things he does. His gastroenterologist says that if he continues to live the addict lifestyle, his life expectancy is 10 years. My son says he's going to enjoy himself until he starts suffering, & then he'll just end it. I hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Oops, got a little carried away. Now back to the OP's thread...
Old 05-08-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Mad4Chaos, If I thought there was a sincere OP here, I would not reply (on this thread) to you, but your son's attitude (and condition) are not unusual. I have a friend who contracted Hep C and is still alive (and sober) many years later. It is not such a death sentence anymore. By the same token, I think almost every addict in active addiction sees his/her "backup" position as suicide. A lot can happen to change that, not the least of which is the continuing love of parents and other family. I encourage you to try Al-Anon for the wisdom and strength there; it will help you to "detach with love".

My heart goes out to you.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mad4Chaos View Post
I sent my son to a 30 day $40,000 rehab Chicago, IL 2 years ago & a second $30,000 30 day rehab in Del Ray Beach, Fl last year. He stayed sober for 2 weeks after the 1st rehab & 3 days after the 2nd. I'm still writing checks for the loans I took out to pay for them while he's out getting high.
Excellent response!
that just shows you how expensive health care is now. this is why most small town hospitals especially their ER departments have closed down due to people not paying their hospital bills and closed doors and filed bankruptcy. especially due to chronic health destructive behaviors. so if you go pay for it your self out of your own pocket, this is how it is.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

People tell me I need in-patient treatment so that is what I'm seeking. I can't keep waking up in hospitals. If I don't stop soon I will be headed to jail which is another frequent place I visit. Sadly, I have not worked a honest tax paying job in quite a while. I tried filing for SSDI disability & appealed 5 times and was denied. I believe being unemployed could have contributed to my relapse. It's funny that many of you almost seem envious of my situation. The truth is I'm envious of most of you. I wish I had a job, mortgage, new car ect...
Old 05-08-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by blueplanet View Post
How did you end up in the hospital? I am hoping you weren't driving. I hope you are OK. A year is a long time sober-Do you miss it?
No, I did not drive. I lost my keys in my alcohol stupor.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

The 90 day rehab I did in 1989 was free.

Nobody was turned away and if you could afford it they would accept a small payment up to $25.00/wk. I payed $325.00 for 90 days.

I continued to donate $325.00/yr to the recovery home for 20 yrs until I retired.

I got my money's worth .....

"It's funny that many of you almost seem envious of my situation." Good one

All the best.

Bob R