Notices

When is six months?

Old 05-08-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When is six months?

I quit drinking on 8th November 2012. So I am about six months but I was wondering is it six months today 8th May or was it yesterday 180 days (6 x 30), or is it tomorrow 182 days (365 / 2).

Anyway, when I quit drinking I told myself I that if I got to six months with no alcohol then I could do 1 of 2 things. First I could go back to to drinking OR second I had to pick another challenge to do.

I'm not going to pick the first option so I am looking for a new challenge (can't be not drinking) so if you have any ideas please tell me!

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

According to the sober calculator, today is 181 days. But if it was my count, I'd make today 6 months, it being the 8th and all. Congrats on the choice to remain sober.

Originally Posted by MrJameEsquire View Post
I am looking for a new challenge (can't be not drinking) so if you have any ideas please tell me!
How about a marathon. That sounds challenging.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratz--next challenge? Work on staying sober..1 day at a time...
Old 05-08-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on six months, that is amazing!!! I can't even imagine making it that far. I heard Craig Ferguson say something that stuck with me once. He said, that if you write a page every day, at the end of a year, you have a book. I always thought that would be a good goal.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

congrats on 6 months!! yer soundin like a typical alcoholic: complicating a simple matter.
it is way too simple to just say the 8this DOS than all the math for now and every other month and year,too.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
According to the sober calculator, today is 181 days. But if it was my count, I'd make today 6 months, it being the 8th and all. Congrats on the choice to remain sober.

How about a marathon. That sounds challenging.
Thanks, I think that does sound like a good challenge for me.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blueplanet View Post
Congrats on six months, that is amazing!!! I can't even imagine making it that far. I heard Craig Ferguson say something that stuck with me once. He said, that if you write a page every day, at the end of a year, you have a book. I always thought that would be a good goal.
Another good challenge, I was just reading Wuthering Heights the other day and was trying to figure out whether I could write something as good as any of those sisters.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Of course you can! And there's only one way to find out! I think that having a new big goal is a great idea. Good luck with it~
Old 05-09-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
instant

I used to love going around in circles with that one like a dog chasing my tail. My other favourite was is day 1 a completed day or the day you are in and have not yet finished- so someone who made 7 days - by that way of thinking can only say they have 7 days when they are on day 8 etc

As you grow to feel good in your new life it matters much less. I cried when I made six months and I am still so glad that I made it that far- it signified anything was possible- as it happens I am two years next week-