Notices

Looking For Answers!!

Old 04-17-2004, 06:26 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Dan

Re: Looking For Answers!!

Although Zoloft played some wicked games with me, I absolutely advise against what you did. You should not practice self-diagnosis. It is highly dangerous. Meds take time to achieve their desired effect. Please don't play with this. I understand your frustration, but do be careful. Listen to Miraclen.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:54 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Labyrinth, what you are describing happened to me too, although the symptoms of my withdrawal were not as severe as your own or lasted as long.

I found that the best way of dealing with it was to stay close to people who were sober.I went to a lot of AA meetings. I went early and I stayed late. I went out for coffee with some of the members afterwards and I got phone numbers of just about every member in my home group and I spent a lot of time on the phone talking with them.

What you are feeling will pass.Make no mistake about that.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Let me clear a few things up. Thanks for your concern but its ok the doc pulled me off the wellbutrin long ago I just still had it. the Zoloft well I am going to talk about to my doc about that. The other junk was just memeory enchancers. I was just more or less rambling on to myself. My counsler says I have control issues and I over think everything (hmm go figure) I guess I just need to learn to trust them when they say it will get better, it is just hard sometimes when every little thing makes your anxiety levels go throught the ROOF, this confusion just wont let up sometimes and gets me so depressed you feel just liking ending it all. I am sure you all have been there. I have alwasy a has a bad view of life and I guess it is just showing through right now.

later
steve
Old 04-17-2004, 10:54 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Paused

Originally Posted by labyrinth
I was a heavy drinker and have been clean now for 34 for days. the last 2 months of drinking my mind slipped into a major fog I could not think. my short term memeory was basicaly gone, Depersonalazation,derealazation (sorry bad speller) massive anxiety attacks, loss of sense of time i.e 5 min seems like and hour under panic or stress what seems like only five mins passing is realy an hour. Major confusion. dizziness. there was no way I could drive. it was very hard to read or concentrate on anything. Massive mood changes. Any little thing stresses me out and makes all my symptoms worse. I am 25 years old and scared to death my life is ruined. I am in rehab,see a doc once a week, go to AA, and take antaabuse. I have used drugs in the past weed a little, cocaine twice, shroom once. and have tripped on xtc about 35 times BUt I have been off all drugs for a year and a half so I am haveing a hard time thinking they had anything to do with this. My doc and rehab counsler tell me this will go away an that this happens to alot of people who abuse alcohol to the extent I did, But I can find no simialer stories on any board I have been on. Oh one last thought everyone keeps saying it is part of post accute withdrawal. But these symptoms accured the min I woke up and did not go away even thou I was still drinking everynight, they only got worse.

I would be very grateful for any thoughts or personal accounts regarding this matter
It's currently 6.46am for me and I'm scarily pissed!! I've been kidding myself for what must be a long time now, about my relationship with alcohol...ie VODKA
Just reading so many of the messages on this site is like reading my DIARY.
I'm sorry, I began this reply as a response & possible answer to your questions & here's a big surprise..... not sure any more, what I was intending to say!!!!
I'm currently feeling pretty pissed off with & totally sorry for myself.....

Anyone ever listen to the song "I'm sick & tired of always being sick & tired.." ??
That's VERY much like how I've been feeling for a long time!!! Guess it's easy to own up to being an alcoholic when ur pissed!!! :sink
Old 04-18-2004, 06:21 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Arrow Re: Looking For Answers!!

Shaz-welcome to SR.I just read your post and yup it is scary to realize your an alcoholic,but it is scarier not to!! Alcoholism is a disease of denial.Have you considered treatment? AA in your area?My heart goes out to you...Prayers to you.hang in there.I hope it all works out for you! I too am an alcoholic.I have been sober a little over 5 months now so there is hope for you.I have heard that song-sick and tired,whats more I lived it!I am happy to tell you I am sick and tired no more! peace and prayers to you..Trish.
Old 04-18-2004, 06:53 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey Shaz, Welcome!
I'm glad you're here. Realizing I was an alcoholic was not easy for me... or at least my pride got in the way of me asking for help or receiving help that was being offered (and eventually Thrust upon me) when I did realize I had a problem. I spent many a day "feeling pretty pissed off and totally sorry for myself"! I was unhappy with my station in life, with choices I had made, and myself for continuing to drink when I knew it was only hurting me. I came to the realization that I can't Heal if I continue to Drink. It was one step up, a flight of stairs down for awhile but that was a start for me... I checked into treatment last January with the attitude that I would just Follow the Rules, finish the program and then maybe I could back to my old lifestyle...
It didn't happen. I finished the program and by that time the obsession to drink had been lifted from me and my old lifestyle had become a part of my past. And I still remember the hurt but I no longer have to go back there. There is hope!
Hope to see you back, Shaz!
-Josh
Old 04-20-2004, 08:05 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I have a qustion, My doc is..well old school but sinse I have no insurance and he is a business friend of the familys and he treats me for free I am kinda stuck with him. So here is the question what type of SSRI worked for you? Wellbutrin (which is not an SSRI ) DID NADDA. I took one 50 mg Zoloft and it knocked me on my butt for 10 hours, maybe the dose was too strong I dont know. Also are there any particular test I can request from my doc that wont cost me a forturne (even if they due please mention them) to see if I have some sort of chemical imbalances in the brain. Also I have heard of (for lack of a beter word) doctors who deal with brain damage due to drug use I would like to talk to someone about my use of xtc in realtion to my mental epsiodes of late. I have not been able to find a clinc or rehab here that seems to know what they are talking about, I actualy had one lady tell me it put holes in your brain, which by the way is not true and was disproved years ago. I know no one here is a doctor but your answers I could use to atleast do some research on my own and to point my 80 something year old doc in a direction that might help me.

Thanks in advance

Steve