Notices

I will beat alcoholism

Old 05-24-2012, 08:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Talking I will beat alcoholism

Its my 1st day (again) to becoming sober.
I want to be a new person and enjoy life instead of being really depressed and down and drunk.
I don't wanna die at 25 I got my whole life ahead of me and I have a family to enjoy it with
Old 05-24-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Awesome, Dawnie.

Give yourself a break and don't try to get it all done on being a new sober person at the same time as you quit drinking. It takes time for us to grow into that sober person, and each of us grow and mature at our own pace.

Discovering how you can successfully stay away from drinking day after day is a worthy use of your time at this early beginning. Learning about how that works for you, and how you want to support what works for you, is absolutely essential for success.

What are your plans for today and into the next week or so?

I hope for you every success!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't try to fight it. The fight is always fixed every time you go back into the ring. Raise the white flag. Throw in the gloves. Just surrender.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by bluoval View Post
Don't try to fight it. The fight is always fixed every time you go back into the ring. Raise the white flag. Throw in the gloves. Just surrender.
Just let go as there is no need to struggle against active addiction. I found freeing myself of the thoughts and behaviors that keep me stuck is very liberating. You can do it to!
Old 05-24-2012, 11:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
o_0

I started today again, after 6 days being sober I slipped yesterday. Hope we gonna beat it good luck
Old 05-24-2012, 11:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good Luck, what are you doing different this time?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

I agree with Bluoval.

Addiction does not often respond to diligence, determination or willpower. The concept of surrender may sound counter-intuitive. However, the only way to win this game is to not make the next move.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Awesome, Dawnie.

Give yourself a break and don't try to get it all done on being a new sober person at the same time as you quit drinking. It takes time for us to grow into that sober person, and each of us grow and mature at our own pace.

Discovering how you can successfully stay away from drinking day after day is a worthy use of your time at this early beginning. Learning about how that works for you, and how you want to support what works for you, is absolutely essential for success.

What are your plans for today and into the next week or so?

I hope for you every success!
I really wanna be sober now I'm really scared about my health which I should really be getting into the GP and speaking about getting blood tests done

My plans tonight are to get an early night lol and next week keep away from that booze
Old 05-24-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

I can't take no more waking up feeling guilty and crap and sore coz of the night before I do surrender but I gotta keep away from it
Old 05-24-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by SoulFly View Post
I started today again, after 6 days being sober I slipped yesterday. Hope we gonna beat it good luck
We can do this together
Old 05-24-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by bmwcycle View Post
Good Luck, what are you doing different this time?
I have no idea but gunna figure somethin out when I've had some sleep coz I'm absolutely tired
Old 05-24-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by Boleo View Post
I agree with Bluoval.

Addiction does not often respond to diligence, determination or willpower. The concept of surrender may sound counter-intuitive. However, the only way to win this game is to not make the next move.
And I'm going to try my all not to make that next move coz otherwise ill never do it
Old 05-24-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

dawnie, are you going to AA meetings?

Wishing you the best.

Bob R.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dawnie24 View Post
I have no idea but gunna figure somethin out when I've had some sleep coz I'm absolutely tired
the problem i had with trying to figure out how to stop drining was that i was using my own thinking and that got me to where i was. when i started using the thinking and actions of people who have recovered from the hopeless state of mind that made me drink ( who are in AA) the craving, complsion, and obsession to drink were removed.
hope ya make a decision to do whatever ya gotta do to get sober! yer worth it and sobriety rocks!!
Old 05-24-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

I really wanna be sober now I'm really scared about my health which I should really be getting into the GP and speaking about getting blood tests done

My plans tonight are to get an early night lol and next week keep away from that booze
Keeping away works best when we also embrace changes in ourselves and in our lifestyles, have always been my experiences, and what I've learned from others too.

Changing enough to be free of the drinking problem is no easy accomplishment, and yet if we don't bring about some real change, it is almost certain we will suffer, and drink again sooner or later.

From your other responses in the thread, I can appreciate how much you are putting into quitting drinking, and I remember how quitting feels. I hope you are able to get past enough of your challenges to enjoy some real changes which in turn will really help you stay away from booze.

For me, real change required really examining myself, and from that place of examination, I made my plans for changes to not get drunk again.

AA helped me bring those changes into my life. AA is not for everyone of course. No matter. What ever works to bring about real sustained change will work well enough. Sometimes the change will be spiritual and sometimes not. It really is respective of each persons wants, needs, and desires, of what works best.

I hope you can discover the changes required for you, Dawnie, to enjoy being free from the drinking problem. When we can finally stay away from alcohol, many wonderful experiences are ours to enjoy!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You can definitely do it, Dawnie. Don't give up on yourself this time.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
o_0

We can do this together
We will dawine so lets see who can stay sober more you or me :ghug3
Old 05-24-2012, 06:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
~sb

I am impressed with your resolve! You CAN stay stopped!

Are you willing to read the online book Alcoholics Anonymous? Or find the audio version and take a listen?

xa-speakers.org is also a good listen.

I'm rooting for you, Dawnie24!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by 2granddaughters View Post
dawnie, are you going to AA meetings?

Wishing you the best.

Bob R.
Hi bob, no I'm not atm coz there's not one close enough to were I live
Old 05-24-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
the problem i had with trying to figure out how to stop drining was that i was using my own thinking and that got me to where i was. when i started using the thinking and actions of people who have recovered from the hopeless state of mind that made me drink ( who are in AA) the craving, complsion, and obsession to drink were removed.
hope ya make a decision to do whatever ya gotta do to get sober! yer worth it and sobriety rocks!!
Its the cravings I'm worried about, I stopped for 6 days other week and I don't know what's changed since then, but I'm gonna see what I did wrong last time and put it right if you know what I mean