Notices

Starring over

Old 02-07-2012, 02:24 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hey INH...I haven't given up on you yet....But I will admit it is painful to read of the progress you are making. It seems like you have gone from trying to stop for a week to making it through the afternoon. And not having much luck with either one.
I know that AA is not an option for you due to where you live...But there has to be something there where you can seek help. Maybe some kind of hospital where you can detox and get into some kind of 28 day drying out period. Clear your head up and get the claws of this stuff out of you. Maybe you can go to your employment and admit you have a serious problem and need some serious help. My guess is they probably already know that and may be more than willing to help. The other option is to keep going to work when the only thought on your mind is crawling under your desk...And that won't last for long. You have to make some kind of change INH....Maybe it is your job...Maybe it's where you live...I don't know what it is....But what you are doing is overwhelming you and that is not a good place to be. You're trying to do this on your own and you are outmatched....You have to stop this insanity...as they say....Because this stuff will take your life....If not in death...By just stealing everything you have. I'd really like to see you beat this thing....Reach out....Family....Work...Friends....Something.
I don't think you can do this alone....And you don't have to. My thoughts and prayers are with you...That you find it in yourself...To get some help. People here care about you INH...Don't you think it's time that you start caring about yourself?
Old 02-07-2012, 02:44 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Just try and think of the awful feeling next time you want a drink! And when you start to feel "well" again don't think it's like the all systems go signal. Man I tell you not having the shakes is awesome ... that one thing alone is keeping me away from the sauce ... GOOD LUCK!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:56 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Made it through day two so far, I almost didn't post as I have nothing new except the usual, but I didn't want to worry anyone. probably won't sleep again tonight so I am just going to stay at work till I get a few more things done that I have been blowing off latley (I'll give you three guesses why but you should only need one). All in all not a bad day but a little exausting.

Also I did want to say thanks Sapling, I know that you mean that and you could be right in the fact that it might take a change in my proffesional career to get this rolling I don't know. But personally I think it would help if I had someone just to talk to about this in person. I guess I could start calling my sister more often. Its just a little hard to do with the time difference.

Have a good night all don't be suprised if you see me in the chat room in a few hours.

INH
Old 02-07-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

But personally I think it would help if I had someone just to talk to about this in person.

Pardon me for being Mr. Obvious, but I think an AA meeting might be just the ticket. You're struggling with alcohol on a daily basis, what have you got to lose?
Old 02-08-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I will not drink today...
AR
Old 02-08-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Yeah that is one problem I don't have much in the way of support except for here.

Have you considered AA? I know I couldn't have gotten -- or stayed -- sober without connecting to other alcoholics. I got incredible support that carried me through the hardest part. Forget the God part if it's a problem ... I'm an agnostic who has been sober for 20 years.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I don't think AA is an option for him. Too bad...But not an option.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:45 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Unfortunatly Sapling is right as he has seen my previous Threads. Just to clarify, AA isn't an option not because I choose it to not be but because I am geographically separated from it for the time being. When I get back into civilization I very well might check out a meeting (whether I am still drinking or not). If I am still drinking then i would be able to refer myself to rehab as well, though I would have to think long and hard about that.

I have kinda decided to shut up and listen for a while instead of posting "oh poor me" type stuff, as that doesn't do anyone (including me) any good.

INH
Old 02-10-2012, 02:53 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

How are you doing on the drinking now?....Is seeing a Doctor or cleaning up somewhere an option? Some place to dry out at least? I don't want to hear any poor me stuff...Just curious how you are doing?
Old 02-10-2012, 03:29 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
instant

I found reading the Big Book helpful, and the short course in AVRT at Rational Recovery (both free online).