Notices

The End of the World... would you?

Old 05-20-2011, 07:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=SomethingBetter;2975361Mathew 24:36 "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."[/QUOTE]

You should finish the verse..

But as the days of Noah, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Because as in those days before the overflowing of the waters, they were feasting and taking wives and getting married, till the day when Noah went into the ark, And they had no care till the waters came and took them all away; so will be the coming of the Son of man.

(remember, Noah knew and tried to warn everybody and they said he was crazy)..

Not that I think the world is going to end or anything..
Old 05-20-2011, 08:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Nope. I think I finally 'get' it.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Had dinner at the local pub tonight and didn't drink...don't plan on drinking tomorrow either...even if Jesus himself appeared and told me that there were a couple hours left that I had a guaranteed spot and I could do whatever I wanted in my time left I would not drink.

When I was drinking I used to pray...please God I want to die sober...please let me get sober before I die.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
When I was drinking I used to pray...please God I want to die sober...please let me get sober before I die.

You're not the only one. It was a daily thing.. Drinking and praying that I could stop...
Old 05-20-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Probably depends on how the world is gonna end. If it's due to something, which most likely gonna do physical pain towards living organisms, I would choose to pass out before it happens.

Luckily there is no need to do that, though our sun will explode some day...
Old 05-20-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Just so you know, Harold Camper was exposed by wikileaks a few months ago, they hacked his credit card and found reservations for May 24th... Out of the country..
I think he should be tried and have to pay all the money back to the poor smucks that fell for this! Or maybe they don't deserve to be paid back, my dad always said, "being stupid costs you money!"
Old 05-20-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1undone View Post
I think he should be tried and have to pay all the money back to the poor smucks that fell for this! Or maybe they don't deserve to be paid back, my dad always said, "being stupid costs you money!"
Someone called his show and asked him to do just that.. And he said no.. That people were giving money freely of their own will..
Old 05-20-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
BHF

Right now, I can say no. Kinda like asking, if I knew that I was gonna die tomorrow from illness, would I go on and drink? Same answer, no.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:25 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Eventually I was more terrified of dying drunk...than living sober
Old 05-20-2011, 08:35 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

No, I would like to be aware of what is happening.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:50 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I would stay sober! but I have to say..and this isn't a response to this thread as its a good topic and I know its hypothetical......but I'm going to use this as an outlet to rant a little. there is severe mass delusion going on in humanity, and as social creatures...the more people that believe something, the more acceptable it becomes.

im not just referring to those who actually believe the "end of the world" is tomorrow (whatever that means), but also those that think its an actual question to be answered, or that it could theoretically happen someday. this is nothing less than a fairy tale and a dream. are the ants, trees, and goldfish going to be judged too?

make no mistake about it, humans will go extinct one day. and all life on earth will certainly come to an end within a few billion years when the sun becomes a red giant, probably sooner. but life on earth has evolved, died, and evolved again countless times over BILLIONS of years. Humans evolved from apes. these are facts. let's get over ourselves people and enjoy this life...it's the only one we'll get
Old 05-20-2011, 10:11 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Re:The End of the World... would you?

Is it the end of the world? Maybe. However, the ends don't justify the means, which for this alcoholic means..."NO WAY" -regardless. Not for today nor judgment day-God willing.

~God bless~
Old 05-20-2011, 10:26 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImReadyToQuit View Post
It was a daily thing.. Drinking and praying that I could stop...
Amen to that.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:28 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I am another one that wanted to get sober for years..it was killing me. But I have to say I don't know what I would do. I am a ch!ckensh!t so if someone was running around yelling the sky is falling..the sky is falling (and it was truly the end) and they came running past me with a shot glass in their hand...I would hope that I would flick it to the ground. But I don't know.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:07 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Nay, this "end of world" jazz has come up in my lifetime at least a dozen times. Always the same BS, some nut job figures its the Apocalypse or the second coming of Christ or whatnot and I think to myself...been there...done that.

So do I want to drink because a high and mighty a$$hat got a wild hair up their bottom and started to spout off gibberish about this or that...
...no thanks. I value the clarity and sanity that sobriety gives me. Thus I'm not inclined to blow off something that is real and dear to me because some fool forecast, yet again the end of times.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:44 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

If i would take a drink at the end of the world why would i wait? It would be some kind of living hell of a life not having that drink...i know exactly how that feels, thank God i actually did the work to change!
Old 05-21-2011, 03:12 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

No ... I don't need that sh1t in my life anymore.... No matter how short it is, especially if it is short... LOL ... Hmmm, maybe I have changed!!
Old 05-21-2011, 04:12 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

The world cannot end, the planet is simply a huge compost bin and the heat is ethanol anyway!
While we at it.., all this carbon tax is a load of bull, it's simply a "taxi meter" on a pipe stack.
Will I drink if the planet shows signs of blowing it's stack?
No.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:39 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

I wouldn't drink but if I had some valium I'd take it. Not my DOC but I had a baby a week ago and my nerves are shot :/

I do really feel done with alcohol though. Even with my baby blues now and drinking guests around. I just have no interest.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:05 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

If I drink it might be the end of the world . . .

for me.