Notices

What does your Avatar mean to you?

Old 05-02-2011, 06:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Some good stories in there. Mine is, well, me. Finally feeling comfortable in my skin somewhere around 8 months sober.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Mine is to remind myself that I can have just as much fun drinking a Slurppacino from SevenEleven as I can drinking alcohol. And to remind myself just how good looking I am.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
your right leg should have been bent all the way over your left ankle...you would have had alot more leverage. j/k i hope you had a good grip on the back of his head. you could have also transitioned to an arm bar too. it looked like his arm was hanging way out there.

my avatar is a picture of my Bible open to Psalm 23..see my signature for more.
I love that you know the sport!!! He did not tap there, I grabbed my own leg, pushed of the hip to get more angle then pulled on the head

Also this past weekend I traveled to Chicago and took 2nd place at NAGA and there were 16 guys in my division, it feels great!! My neck is tweeked again but so worth it
Old 05-02-2011, 08:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

My avatar is the sound of one hand clapping.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Mine is just a random drawing I found, but there was something about it I was drawn to...just liked it
Old 05-03-2011, 01:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Mine is about the beauty to be found in the seemingly everyday(simple grass flowers)... or as I like to see it....peace and happiness can be found in the simple things in life, and living in the now.

Just as simple as..... one day at a time.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:25 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

Mine reminds me that every time I think I can rest in sobriety, there is always a way to take recovery up to "Eleven" from the movie, "This is Spinal Tap". It reminds me in a humorous way that I have to keep stretching beyond my comfort zone.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:28 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Mother Russia.

Epic struggle.
The greatest and hardest fought battle of all time.
The greatest loss, the greatest victory.
My sobriety, my Stalingrad.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:12 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
Mine is the Mayflower Hotel in Akron. It's a famous hotel in Akron, OH. -- if you're not sure what it's famous for..... CLICK HERE

I went down to Akron with my sponsor, a couple buddies and my great grand sponsor early last year. (They were standing under the Mayflower sign but I cropped them out).
DayTrader- That's pretty cool. I've been diving into a lot a of A.A. History lately, but I did not know the name of the Hotel that Bill W. stayed before connecting with Dr. Bob. I'd like to take a trip to Akron one of these days to see the original A.A. meeting house as well. Maybe I'll stay at the Mayflower. I wonder if the old church directory is still posted in the lobby?

Zube
Old 05-03-2011, 06:18 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Nothing really. I like the idea of clicking my heels and making this addiction go away. LOL

I liked my other one much better (broken wine glass) but it offended someone and i was asked to take it down. Im sure something will trigger and emotion and i will have a new one sometime.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Mine too is the self explanatory. The serenity prayer is the foundation of my program. This prayer is short and simple, yet it's something I have to be reminded of everyday, as I easily forget that I am not in control of anything except my actions. I have the prayer displayed throughout my house so that I never forget. It is also a reminder that my Higher Power is always with me, and that I am never alone.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Mine is a picture of me at around three months sober......my eyes are clear and I look healthy. Three months before, I looked sick and sad. This picture represents the turning point in my sobriety; when my peace of mind started to return.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:55 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

My present one is the "X Symbol" of the Straight Edge movement.

From the Wikipedia article on Straight Edge:

Straight edge refers to a subculture of hardcore punk which was a direct reaction to the sexual revolution, hedonism, and excess associated with punk rock. In its simplest form, straight edge is a philosophy of staying clean and sober: meaning refraining from using alcohol, tobacco, and recreational drugs. For some, this extends to not engaging in promiscuous sex, following a vegetarian or vegan diet, and not using caffeine or prescription drugs. The term was coined by the 1980s hardcore punk band Minor Threat in their song "Straight Edge".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
straight_edge.jpg (7.1 KB, 174 views)
Old 05-03-2011, 11:54 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

My avatar is just another puppy-dog that happens to walk without front-legs.

Maybe Mark 9:23 is true afterall?
Old 05-03-2011, 12:40 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by johnbarleycorn View Post
my present one is the "x symbol" of the straight edge movement.
cm punk boi. Haha.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:42 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

JohnBarley - Awesome, always like your avatar I love Minor Threat, I don't know a whole lot of people who like them!

-Jess
Old 05-03-2011, 12:47 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Just thought it was funny- people always joke cause I'll have something high calorie but wash it down with a diet coke- I just like the taste of diet coke- I don't like the syrupy taste of regular pops.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:50 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Riding Barefoot

I love horses and I love riding. I started taking lessons around 6 years ago. It was the beginning of fulfilling a lifelong dream. The image is one that I had seen many times and spoke to me, but I put it in the back of my mind because I wasn't spiritually fit and had no idea what to do with my god, and therefore did not use the image in any way. Now I know my god and I am becoming more spiritual and I feel comfortable letting the image speak for me. It also evokes feelings of a simple life, which is something I am striving for.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:43 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Who Farted?

A storm trooper sitting on his bed with a half empty bottle. Although hard to read, it says "I had friends on that deathstar" Found it on the internet, though it was appropriate....
Old 05-03-2011, 04:49 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
High on Life

I change my avatar depending on how I feel or where I am in the recovery process.