Notices

Day 13 sober, i am about to have a drink!

Old 03-25-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 13 sober, i am about to have a drink!

Jeeesus, I've been dealing really well the last 13 days, I hit the big two weeks tomorrow and I don't think I'm going to make it. There is two small bottles of beer in the fridge and my mouth us watering, literally. Stretching I am going to be so pi$$ed with myself in the morning if I do this.
I've been great but I all of a sudden seem to be feeling physical withdrawals for the first time, I didn't expect this.
Aaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhh!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Pour them out right now! Why do you even have them? Dump 'em. You'll be glad you did tomorrow—the two-week mark!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

You are stronger than your urges. Pour it out.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

if you pour the beer out or just give it away NOW, you will have a better chance. talk yourself out of it as much as you are talking yourself into it.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hmmm, I can feel my head telling me I can control it. Problem is I'll have these then I'll end up at the 10 till 10 buying a bottle. Shoot!!
I think I'm done, I've got to have one. Sorry! I'll try just to have one, get rid of these feelings in my back and neck, stop my mouth watering.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You can't quit drinking until you quit drinking, scrub. You know it's the wrong choice and you shouldn't have alcohol in your home at all.

Isn't this your last chance with your folks? Where are you going to live tomorrow?
Old 03-25-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Originally Posted by Scrubmuncher View Post
Hmmm, I can feel my head telling me I can control it.
The voice is lying and now you're lying (to yourself).

At some point you have to want to stop more than you want to drink.

Also, I wonder if you're doing what I did which was consider posting/reading here a kind of compromise. Like a confession that would excuse the drinking. I'd think "Well, at least I'm aware of it/I'm working on it/It's not as bad as the last time". All that was true, I guess but I didn't get any HAPPIER until I stopped drinking totally.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Hiya Scrub-

If you're gonna drink then let us know how you feel tomorrow and if it was worth it.

(said with kindness)

Kjell~
Old 03-25-2011, 01:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Two small beers will be just a warm-up to want more. You've made it this far - pop the caps, dump them down the drain and try not to rationalize taking that first beer.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Aw man. Just put it off another 15-30 minutes. Have a cup of tea or something else to drink. Watch a movie. Go for a walk. Come on you can do it.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're going thru this, I have felt the same way, I still drink, it's powerful. Sometimes I lay down for a nap, listen to the radio and try to relax without a drink.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

1. Pour out the beers.
2. Take a walk and think about how you will feel tomorrow if you drink.
3. Remind yourself that it's only a few more days and you will have made it 3 weeks!
4. Talk to someone live. Google "AA hotline [your nearest metropolitan area]" and an alcoholic will answer the phone and talk to you, 24 hours a day. It's OK if you've never been to a AA meeting before.

Every time I relapsed it was because I told myself I could have "just one," and sometimes I did, but then I just used that as evidence that I could drink normally again and it was a matter of days before I was in full relapse.

Each time you resist the urge successfully, you get stronger. Pretend like you are working out on a machine at the gym. It might be tough now but this will make it easier the next time.

Keep working it and let us know how it turned out.

GG
Old 03-25-2011, 02:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The worst thing that can happen is that you just have one beer. It will reinforce the idea that somehow you can now control the monster—which is just what the monster wants you to think.

You're either drinking or your not. There is no middle ground for folks like us, SM.

Get back here as soon as you can. You can do this.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to read this Scrub!
Old 03-25-2011, 02:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Weren't you nearly homeless a few days ago over this?

Given your problems with your family and your neighbours when you drink, it'd be a really really poor choice to drink those beers Scrub.

D
Old 03-25-2011, 02:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

One is never enough. It was told to me that people, places and things need to be changed...maybe get rid of the beer?
Old 03-25-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Recovery does not always work for everyone that needs it but it does work if you are willing and want it more than those two beers.
Good luck. Really ope you make it back....
Old 03-25-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
orangutan

I hope you don't do it.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Don't drink it I just relapsed and I feel so guilty for letting myself down. It's not worth it..really just go dump them.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:55 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Kind of a bummer thread. You had the sense to come here, you stated that you have basically one chance left, and you would rather drink 2 measley beers than to have a chance to keep your family and have a place to live?

I have been under the grips of alcohol, but I think I would have taken those two bottles outside and broke them somewhere so there was no chance I would be tempted to suck the beer out of the broken glass. Not a great post to start the weekend, and like 2 beers would really do anything for you anyways besides get you back on the path to try to find more.

Sorry if I'm being a little judgemental, but there has to be a little willpower if you really want to quit, otherwise none of us would even stop long enough to go to a meeting or find this website. I feel sorry for you dude.