Notices

Stupid things you've done?

Old 09-23-2010, 07:54 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I've been lurking on this board for weeks, I figure this thread is a good a place for my first post. Truth is, my biggest shame over drinking is some of the very very stupid things I've done while drunk. Random List:

* Carrying on very steamy emotional affair with X-boyfriend via texts and phone on and off again for 3 years; It was only on again when I was drinking, which was basically every other day.

* Having my wonderful husband find out about said emotional affair and promising to stop it, yet continuing every time I drank

* Taking topless photos of myself and sending them to a guy I had met through a Facebook game and had started flirting with.

* Letting my 2 kids eat dinner in the TV room because I wanted to keep drinking and dirty texting my X.

* Getting so drunk one Christmas Eve that I was hugging the bowl on Christmas morning
and missed the joy of seeing and enjoying my beautiful babies opening their gifts.

* Going to a concert of my favorite musician and getting so drunk that I don't remember any of the concert.

* Stopping at a relatives house with my husband who was recovering from sinus surgery and ended up drinking for hours while he suffered in pain and pleaded to leave.

* Waking up to obvious signs that I had made love with my husband the night before but having zero memory of it.

* Sending text messages to X and deleting them so as not to get caught, then remembering halfway through the next day that I texted him but having no clue whatsoever what I said.

* Driving to a haircut appointment after drinking a 6pack in 2 hours and beleiving she didn't smell it on my breath.

And finally, the one that I did over and over and over again--Mentally shutting out my family while I crawled into my blissfully self absorbed alcohol bubble. I'm not a social drinker, when I drink I get introspective, like to be by myself, listen to music, and brood over what could've should've been.

I know my "stupid things" are different than many I've read here and would love to know that there are others with drinking patterns like me out there. I guess I should introduce myself on the different threads. Thanks for reading, it felt horrible, yet cathartic to get those things off my shoulders.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:10 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
OSSSU!

Welcome! Thanks for sharing....
Old 09-23-2010, 10:19 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I've done alot of drinking and dialing, i'm married but theres been some indiscretionsons my part there, Sending some dirty pics, telling people every grievance i had, falling down in public, starting fights. Ah, i dont miss those days
Old 09-23-2010, 10:29 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Seeing it in writing is an eye opener, my last drink was on 9/5. i do feel sorry for the things i've done. my husband doesnt know that i've cheated. And I'm a hypocrite because I found some texts from a girl to him and when I was drunk i would get mad at him because I thougt he cheated. We have a kid together, i just want to be a good mother and wife. I'm not going to drink again and i'm gonna put my family first. We've had some problmes but this winter it will be seven years and I just want to move forward and no more pointing the finger. Thanks Everyone!
Old 09-24-2010, 09:07 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

1.) I had a decent job but I worked the night shift. It was right beside a gas station and a friend of mine worked there. He use to give me beer and leave it outside and I would just bring it back to my job. Long story short, I'd been doing it for weeks, when I finally messed up. I drank so much I passed out at work, and was woken up by my boss the next morning. Needless to say I was fired.

2.) I was supposed to be the best man for my friends wedding. We had a rehearsal dinner and I showed up wasted and could barely talk. He still wanted me to come to the wedding and be the best man the next day, just not drunk. I didn't wake up, I drank too much and was passed out at home when the wedding started the next day.

3.) Countless phone calls, text messages, and e-mails to my parents and friends and having no clue what we talked about the next day.

... I could keep going. It's amazing how regardless of how much alcohol screws everything in your life up, we just continue drinking.

I'm on Day 1.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:53 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

the stupidest thing i ever did during my drinking was ignore my daughter. now, she's the center of my life.

the funniest thing i ever did was get caught in a blackout at 3am by my wife and her video camera urinating in the dishwasher singing "never surrender" by Corey Hart on Thanksgiving morning. she's threatend to youtube it if she ever caught me relapsing.

i've said from day one that alone might keep me sober. :rotfxko
Old 09-24-2010, 12:11 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
EntertheSticks

That is an absolutely hilarious story. You should almost youtube it and blur out your face.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post

the funniest thing i ever did was get caught in a blackout at 3am by my wife and her video camera urinating in the dishwasher singing "never surrender" by Corey Hart on Thanksgiving morning.
Interesting, with a tough screen name like BULLDOG, I never would have figured you for such a huge closet fan of Corey Hart!!!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Dumbest is as has been stated.....continued in spite of knowing it was time to give it up....until I reached the point where I couldn't give it up.

As for some of the funnier things, here are a couple I can remember.

Driving an hour through suburban Detroit / suburbs on my way home, drunk and stoned on ecstasy (numerous times) and being in a hurry to get home because I "knew" that once I got home, if i opened the closet door in the foyer of my house and I walked into the closet (ducking to keep from knocking my head on the bar to hang your coats on) I would still be able to hear the music played in the club that night. I guess I thought it was like a portal or something. I did this numerous times......successfully I might add . I finally stopped doing it when it occurred to me that "the Germans" were watching for me to get into that closet and they were going to get me if I did it again. --seemed perfectly logical to me.

Up north golfing with 19 buddies and staying at a friends cottage (it was like an awesome first home for most ppl) I decided a great game would be to try to hit a golfball through his garage, between 6 snowmobiles parked on either side, through an open window on the other end. Not wanting to scratch my clubs on the concrete, I laid a hamburger bun down as a tee. Then I realized that a bun was no match for my 3-iron so a put a couple patties down too.....that'll do the trick. Never did get it through the window but did take out the cowlings on 2 sleds and broke the window above the open one I was aiming for.

Left one downtown bar and, as my pal and I were leaving, somehow managed to steal 2 beers "for the road" from a big tub of beer and ice they had by the bouncer's station -- mind you, we were just going to go to another bar across the street. I guess I figured 2 beers was about right for the 30 yard walk. After slamming one beer in the street and smashing the bottle in triumph in the middle of the road, we walked up to the second bar, beer in hand and asked the bouncers (who had watched us the WHOLE time) if it was cool if we just finished these beers off inside cuz we'd definitely be buying a lot more once we're in. When they told us we were NOT getting in, I walked around back of the bar, climbed a fence, managed to get onto a 1st story roof and began looking for the fireplace chimney so I could slide down, sneak into the back of the bar, and let my buddy in the back door.

Leaving the bar above, disgusted that we couldn't' get in, we walked to Taco Bell about a half-mile away. JUST as we hit the entrance driveway the cops pulled up and began questioning us about whether we were the guys who climbed onto the roof of the bar. We lied and said no but the cop put us in the back of the car and drove us to the police station - which is right next door to the bar we couldn't get into. For whatever reason, they decided to let us go at which point I asked the cop who picked us up if he'd mind taking us back to Taco Bell since we'd never make it back there before they closed.

Driving home, drunk.... I got lost on the highway. When I realized I'd been going the wrong direction for about 20 minutes, I drove my Tahoe through the median and hopped back on the freeway going the other direction, cutting someone off in the process. Irritated that this other car blew their horn at me, I sped up, got along side them and "NASCAR style" bumped them. I barely had a scratch on my brand new '04 Tahoe but I ended up paying him $1000 in "damages to his vehicle"..... a 1989 Honda Accord after he called the cops and I got arrested. - DUI #1

DUI #2 they took my license and gave me a paper one........AND they took my license plate and hung a bright pink one in the back window (especially made for DUI ppl). 6 months later my attorney couldn't hold off my court date so I decided to not show for court, there'd be a warrant but I'd take the chance they wouldn't come looking for me. I hoped to turn myself in a year later when 7yrs had passed from dui #1 which meant an easier sentence. 4 months after making this decision, I got stopped at 1am, driving home, because the cop couldn't read the date on my pretty pink-paper plate hanging in the back window. When he walked up to the window I asked him if he'd be my arresting officer tonight? hello dui #3!!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:00 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
Interesting, with a tough screen name like BULLDOG, I never would have figured you for such a huge closet fan of Corey Hart!!!!!
yeah...my wife uses it as emotional blackmail whenever she feels like i'm starting to drag a$$ in my program. :rotfxko
Old 09-24-2010, 04:00 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Bulldog I laughed until I had tears in my eyes! Then I looked at my husband sitting across the room from me, enjoying his Jack and Coke and told him in no uncertain terms, that if he ever peed in the dishwasher, singing Corey Hart, I'd HAVE to kick his a** through my laughter. Priceless!
Old 10-25-2010, 11:47 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Cruising through this old thread and thought I'd share. I would have to say one of the dumbest times was being on vacation in the Bahamas and going off of the boat by myself because my friend didn't want to come. I ended up driving around with a taxi driver, to the ghetto where he proceeded to buy cocaine. I was so drunk that I ended up doing that too, all night, and didn't get back to the boat til 6:45 am and the boat was leaving at 7:00. My friend was there with the police, and she was ready to kick my ass. I get so freaked out thinking of what could've happened to me. Locked up abroad? Kidnapped? Raped? Who knows. I can't believe I could do some of that sh$t!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:02 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Drove my truck in the ditch DUI arrest 1
Got in the truck with my drunk ass best friend, I was drunk also. We ran off the road at 60 mph and hit a pine tree.
Numerous fist fights
115 in a 55 arrested for DUI but blew under the limit.
Police smell beer on my breath and search the car for open containers. They find my .38 under the seat. I spent 4 days in jail before being bailed out.
Mouthing off at my father who was old school and didnt play that $hit. Got the hell beaten out of me.
Backing into the garage door and tearing it up.
Took a dump in the bath tub
Old 10-27-2010, 02:27 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Im a nice quiet timid guy but the most crazy things ive done is chap someones door then run away, dive over the fence (which mustve been laced with barbed wire) lost the top of my finger, also punching some idiot in the throat for slagging me for having long hair, 3 of them, 1 of me, spent a night in jail didnt even get my KFC!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:39 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
the stupidest thing i ever did during my drinking was ignore my daughter. now, she's the center of my life.

the funniest thing i ever did was get caught in a blackout at 3am by my wife and her video camera urinating in the dishwasher singing "never surrender" by Corey Hart on Thanksgiving morning. she's threatend to youtube it if she ever caught me relapsing.

i've said from day one that alone might keep me sober. :rotfxko
I am laughing so hard it hurts. Thanks for posting that.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:00 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I ended my acting career by falling off the stage during a performance (thank god I don't remember this - there are about 500 people near Basingstoke who still do though), telling the audience that they were 'a bunch of c***s', punching the eye of the stage manager who tried to restrain me and ending up in a cell. In my costume.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:07 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Max, I shouldn't react with anything that looks like it is admiring a moment that you are pointing out as an alcoholic descent from grace, but your anecdote made me like you even more. (and I chuckled.)
Old 10-28-2010, 07:19 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Thanks Toronto!

It is only pretty recently that I am able to almost laugh about this (it was about 8 years ago). Believe it or not, some good came from it. It turned out that the stage-manager went to get his black-eye checked out and they found an early stage cancer which was then treated successfully. Mysterious ways.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:37 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

oh jeez... my worst embarrasing drunk moment wa sleeping with my ex husband...
which is something i would never ever do sober. making me look completely desperate, pathetic, and anything else horrible in that general vicinity of insults.I still can't believe myself and the things I've done in moments of drunkeness sometimes.
Thank you for reminding me of one of the many reasons why I never want to drink again
Old 10-29-2010, 04:07 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Gashed my forehead open and remembered none of it. Woke up to blood everywhere and puke in the bathroom sink. I walked to the ER drunk (it was close to my apartment) and got stitched up.