Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

How many of you were ever arrested due to alcohol?

Notices
View Poll Results: Were you ever arrested due to drinking?
Yes, I've been arrested due to an alcohol offense
52.76%
Never was arrested due to drinking
47.24%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

How many of you were ever arrested due to alcohol?

Old 03-13-2010, 06:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Nope. But I should have.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

DUI 3 times. Twice in the same day by the same cops. That sucked. I went to jail as a result. That sucked too.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

3 times DUI. Never for anything when I was not drinking. Not proud of that fact, but after my last one (9-10yrs ago) I told myself I would never drink&drive again, and haven't even during some heavy drinking times when I needed to hit the party store to "restock"... I chose to walk.

Steve
Old 03-13-2010, 09:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I ran a stop sign at 19, and was pulled over. I blew a .16 (clearly drunk). The cop only gave me a P.I. not a DUI. I wonder if I would have actually gotten the DUI if my recovery would have come earlier... I have drank and drive, literally, 100's of times - maybe over 1000... I've driven while drinking while driving, beer in car, and also drunk... I never got busted after than initial stop. Just another "yet" I would be sure to fufill if I continue to drink....
Old 03-14-2010, 12:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'll fess up. And I don't like any of it. Two DWI's and two assaults. The assaults I really wish I could take back. The mother of son. Real slick of me.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I had to check 'yes' and not for any DUI's.

I was a mean, vicious, angry, nasty, confrontational drunk those last years of my drinking.

Years ago LAPD had a 'special' division called "The Metro" division. They drove brown sedans, there were a minimum of two officers in each one. To qualify for "The Metro Squad" an officer had to be at least 6'4" tall and be in extremely good physical condition.

My last bad 'encounter' with those gentlemen, it took six of them to get me to the Hollywood Division police station and I injured 4 of them pretty badly.

In 1984 when I was 3 years sober, I had some business to do at the Van Nuys Division for my employer and went up to the 'Desk Sargent' to ask where the particular department I was looking for was. The first words out of this man's mouth were "boy do you look different." Man my heart dropped to my feet and I thought "Oh Oh". Turns out he was one of them from the event described above and after talking a bit, not only did he congratulate me on my recovery, but gave me quite a description on just what a 'street fighter' I had been. Scared the h*ll out of me. Hadn't realized just how bad (nasty) I was 'out there.'

BTW that incident didn't 'do it.' It took me about another year before I found recovery.

The most 'terrible' thing about this 'affliction' called alcoholism is I believe that it 'takes what it takes' for us and some of us NEVER GET IT! That is the sorrow.

That is why I continue to post on recovery sites like this one, ....................... to continue to spread the word, that no matter what 'program' you use or don't use, RECOVERY IS POSSIBLE. That each and every one of us suffering from problem drinking and/or alcoholism can have a FANTASTIC life SOBER. That we CAN and DO deal with life's problems without chemicals, and that our lives GET BETTER THAN THEY HAVE EVER BEEN, if WE WORK FOR IT.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 03-14-2010, 05:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

lets just say im not a drain on the tax payer anymore..

and i have never been arrested...cautioned......or charged since ive been sober...
Old 03-14-2010, 06:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good post Laurie! Nice dog, too. [I'm a Golden Doodle nut case but I love most all dogs - addiction to dogs is a good thing]
Old 03-14-2010, 07:58 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

2 times due from drinking. Glad I found recovery and SR.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:42 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

One DUI with a BAC of .09. Don't ask me why it was just .09. That was luck.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:47 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alizerin View Post
That was luck.
I was stopped numerous times when I was in law enforcement. I got sober before I left that field.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:01 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

3 DUI arrests, all reduced to reckless driving. But that was well before the laws changed and one could buy there way out of trouble with a good lawyer. If that happened today, I would most likely be in jail for some time on the third.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:21 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

my first arrest was when I was around 14...and last one was before I got sober and I was around age 33
I probably went to jail 40-50 times in between...
everyone of them was alcohol related
Old 03-14-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Once - trespassing (am I the only one?) Mouthed off to a rent-a-cop when I was told to leave and he got the real cops in.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:39 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

One DUI. Spent about 3 hours in jail. What did I learn?

1. Jail isn't so bad.
2. There was bar within walking distance from my house.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:40 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I was thinking earlier today, how perfect it would be to live next door to a bar

duh
Old 03-15-2010, 08:51 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

No arrests, but that was just out of sheer luck that I wasn't caught... I had plenty of wake up calls that I decided to ignore for quite some time, as I was in profound denial....and sometimes I still cannot comprehend why, at any of these points, I didn't quit.

There were, some years ago, two occasions where I actually drank and then decided to drive and damaged my car, and I am truly grateful that I didn't injure anyone. But did I quit? No, I just didn't drive from then on and started spending a lot of money on cabs....

There were several injuries inflicted to myself while being drunk. Bruises in my face from falling around on three separate occasions, a deep cut on my leg from climbing a fence and a severe hand injury that took about a year to heal- and I still didn't quit drinking for a while.
It was just a matter of time until I would have ended up in the "drunk tank" at some point, because sometimes I was not a "happy drunk"....

What made me quit in the end was the horrible state I was in emotionally and psychologically.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:09 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I was thinking earlier today, how perfect it would be to live next door to a bar
I did for many of my 'practicing' years which did keep me from further incarcerations, some of which may have been for life.

Chris ............................. time to do a 'mini' 4th ........................ I find your thinking 'heading' in a direction (because of your 'personal' turmoil' at this time) that you may not find acceptable.

Maybe, Chris ................................ it's time to do the 12 steps again, 1 through 12, as a reminder in how to 'work' and then 'LIVE' them.

I have found ............................... 'we' CANNOT 'fix' the world, (or our family) only ourselves, and in the process, learn MORE about ourselves than we ever though possible.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 03-15-2010, 09:13 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

psst

I was joking
Old 03-15-2010, 10:09 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
*Hooligan*

I didn't get in trouble every time I drank or used, but every time I got in trouble I was drinking or using !