Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

How many of you were ever arrested due to alcohol?

Notices
View Poll Results: Were you ever arrested due to drinking?
Yes, I've been arrested due to an alcohol offense
52.76%
Never was arrested due to drinking
47.24%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

How many of you were ever arrested due to alcohol?

Old 03-31-2010, 05:29 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Helping Others, Helps Me

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 View Post
We got a saying around here. I didn't always get into trouble every time I drank but, every time I got into trouble I had been drinking.

I was just curious.
Any legal issue on my record has been a direct result of consuming alcohol...kind of sad really
Old 04-03-2010, 03:00 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Never got arrested but..

I never got arrested but my actions put my friend in jail for something they didnt do... to this day I am very sorry and did everything I could do to help them. Got them a lawyer and tried to fix the situation.

I got kicked out of many bars... Everyone tells me that I am such a nice person and then when I drink I change into this person that is just a monster.. Many trips to the hopsital - broken arm once, stomach pumped twice, split my chin open once, woke up with a broken ribs from try to move furniture when I was drunk, fell in the shower and broke my ribs again, fell on a sidewack and hit my head so bad I had to go the emergency room, woke up with many bruises from falling down, woke up with a black eye from walking into a door frame, sprained my ankle really bad once and the list goes on.. I have never really admitted all these things outloud until today. when I read this it makes me NEVER want to pick up a drink again...

I Thank God that I am still alive to share this and hope someone can read this and never want to drink either... and I am relieved that this morning I can wake up and I dont have to try to assess the damage I caused the night before and try to fix it (I know that fixing it is not possible). All I can do it not drink today and learn from my mistakes..
Old 04-03-2010, 05:43 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

It's such an awesome feeling to not wake up and wonder if you did or said something ridiculous the night before. I made promises (can't keep 'em if you don't remember 'em), broke things, fought with my girl, talked to my parents on the phone, agreed to cover someone's shift, cooked a whole chicken, did absurd work on school projects, gambled my money away, read books I didn't remember, played with guns...Dude, it sucked. This is soooooo much better.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

It is so much better!!!! I cant think of anything I have ever done sober that was ever as bad as what I did when I was drunk. good luck on your recovery!!
Old 04-05-2010, 06:42 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

2 assaults, 1 DUI, 1 Hit and run (hit a parked unoccupied car and ran so I didnt get caught for DUI) Breach of the peace, breach of probation.

I too drove all the time drunk and I didnt kill anyone (that I know of...) Thank God
Old 04-05-2010, 06:44 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

My STBX got battery of an officer - He punched the K9 right in the kisser.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:53 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

No, but I was caught already in DUI, but in Brazil you don't get arrested for DUI, you just pay a bail.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:21 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I had a DWI
Old 04-09-2010, 09:12 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

If there was ever something I was obsessed with as much as booze, it's motorcycles. Because of this I never got a DUI. I won't lie and claim to have never ridden without alcohol in my system, but I never rode "drunk." Whether or not I was legally drunk (.08) is up for debate (probably).

I was always terrified that I'd get so loaded that I'd no longer be able to use good judgment. It wasn't unusual for me to give my keys to a roommate or girlfriend when I knew that I had 12 beers or a bottle of scotch to work through. Motorcycles are ridiculously dangerous in the first place, even before you douse them in alcohol.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:32 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

More women have had trouble with the law then, I'd of thought
Old 04-11-2010, 01:53 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hey Capt,
Alcohol is not gender based, alcohol loves us all.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Originally Posted by tallcactus View Post
Hey Capt,
Alcohol is not gender based, alcohol loves us all.

sick love affair huh
Old 04-11-2010, 06:57 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Last year I had two DUI's within a 3 month period. In June and then August. Had to do 48 hours jail time and my parents paid about $20,000 in court, lawyer, and medical bills. I'm only 21.

My life has been a struggle ever since. Not with alcohol per se, but just dealing with how much I messed up. I didn't drink for months and then when I moved out it started again.

Then last week I got caught shoplifting 4 bottles of vanilla extract and was put in handcuffs right inside the doors of the grocery store. It so horrifying and shameful but well deserved. My boyfriend had to leave work to pay the theft fine. Found out what I stole, and almost kicked me out. Instead he said, "I'm going back to work and will think about this after I've calmed down. I'm 50/50 on deciding if I should leave you or give you another chance. The only reason this is hard is because I love you."

Eh it was one of the worst days of my life. I haven't had a good year, that's all I can say.

P.S. He gave me another chance, and I'm very humbled and determined not to do this to myself or him again.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:11 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Have you considered going to AA ??
Old 04-11-2010, 10:12 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 View Post
sick love affair huh
Yes, how true, but we have been divorced for quite sometime.

PS: Happy Birthday 7
Old 04-13-2010, 02:47 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Wink Ya

, who didn't , .