Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Dumb things you've done while drunk, that you can laugh about now.

Notices

Old 12-16-2008, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm sure many of us have done some dumb, scary, horrible things while under the influence.

If anyone has any stories they'd like to share please do. I think we could all use a laugh
Old 12-16-2008, 02:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Laugh about? Not many, my drunk stories are actually pretty painful....

However there was the time I dressed up like Zorro and streaked around the college. Just the mask, hat and cape and my bare ass.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

a Couple of really silly and stupid emails to a couple girls. Lol

guess thats pretty funny in one case. Since the girl was a jerk anyways. But unfortunately thats one of the only stupid things i've done that I don't hate myself for.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
jh1

ummm, have quite a few, actually i could write paragraphs about em'. But one recently was dressing up as "Condom man" and running around a bunch of parties in newport beach, lol.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

bit too early for me to be laughing about my embarassing moments, maybe in the next life;-)
Old 12-16-2008, 02:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

i got drunk back in the 70`s and took off all my clothes in N Myrtle Beach , SC and ran down the street yelling-not once but quite a few times
Old 12-16-2008, 03:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

when i was in high school after class i got really drunk at a friends house. i was walking home and ending up hiding in some bushes at a school. i climbed in a window and hid under a teachers desk. the school was empty except for a janitor. i hid under the desk while the janitor cleaned the room i was in for a good 30 mins. when she came near the desk, i said hello and she screamed in shock. i ran for the door and stumbled home where i spent the rest of the night in the bathroom vomiting. i was lucky i didn't get arrested.

in mexico i got drunk at the resort bar. i ended up late in the night with a few coronas at the resort mini zoo. i fed a monkey a good beer and a half and got him pretty drunk. then i was wrestling a tiger through the cage, smacking it, playing with like i would a dog. when i wasnt looking the tiger bite my hand, luckily i got it free, but was badly cut and bleeding pretty good. security found me just then and was pretty pissed. they were close to calling the police but i talked my way out of it and ended up in the resort medical center where i was stitched up and given a tetnus shot in my butt.(still have the scar on my hand)
Old 12-16-2008, 03:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Unhappy

yea, my drunk stories are sad. Hurting myself and others (especially family) just isn't funny. Maybe one day I can reflect and chuckle. I don't know. Acting a fool is foolish. Thanks.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Leaving the beach about 8 years ago..............I had just finished off between 15-20 beers and decided I wanted to ride home in the bed of my buddies pickup.

So we're driving home and Im laying in the bed of the truck and realize the sun is my eyes and I want to shield it. I look around and find an empty Budweiser box and proceed to put it over my head so I can sleep and shield the sun.

The next thing I know I hear a knock on the box and tell the noise the "leave me the %@$& alone". It knocks again so I take the Budweiser box off my head and sure enough a police officer is standing there having just pulled my friend over for speeding.

None of us got in trouble (even the police officer couldn't stop laughing) and he let my buddy off because I guess I provided him with enough humor to the last the day.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Tried to steal a double decker bus.

Paul
Old 12-16-2008, 04:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I could write a book about all of the dumb things I did while drinking. I won't even count waking up in a jail cell because that wasn't funny. One time when I drove tractor-trailer cross country we were headed west and decided to stop off at a bar in Nebraska off I-80, we drank for a few hours then I proceeded to drive all night. As the sun came up the next day I saw that I had just crossed the Illinois state line. It then dawned on me that I was going in the wrong direction, I had gotten back on I-80 east instead of west. I had driven back across the entire state of Iowa and never even realized I was going the wrong way.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I don't want to laugh about them, I want to accept them so that I can move on.

I understand what you are saying though. I just don't think drunk is funny today and I don't ever want to go back to that mindset. The things that are funny today revolve around me being clean and sober.

Don't make a mistake, I am not slamming the topic. Keeping a sense of humour about life is so very important.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I missed the last bus home one night after drinking in a bar.

I had to spend the rest of the night in a nearby grave yard and scared the sweet beJ**us out of some church folk climbing back over the wall the next morning.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

"Tried to steal a double decker bus"

lol
Old 12-16-2008, 05:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Once told an ugly duckling/late bloomer type girl that she was "like a butterfly coming out of a canoe". It only gets more embarrassing and seriously tragic from there.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

gowon then ive got one!

went out with an older guy, i was about 28 and going through my drinking on and off stage, to have a really important meeting in london, tried to keep up with the australian guys we met, they were drinking bourbon, got the tube back to where i was going, got woken up by some rail transport worker shouting with a scared expression on his face at me, im a big guy, to wake up as it was the last stop...i had missed mine completely...i was so drunk that someone had put an empty macdonalds coke in one of my hands, a half eaten burger in the other and the empty macdonalds bag on my head as a hat...once i had come round a bit i was more than confused with the whole situation at hand!

they had left my wallet though which i thought was most generous!!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 05:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

nothing comes to mind

thank goodness
Old 12-16-2008, 05:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
jh1

Umm, well I once "gooned" a girl so bad with my friends that we ended up just markering in her whole face, and one of her feet, and one of her hands. Lets just say i definitely got that back the next week. loll.
Also, snuck into my college campuses high dive and jumped off naked-which people get kicked out of the school for....yea that was not smart at all.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Sober member

mine are criminal activities,funny to me but not here. ;(
Old 12-16-2008, 06:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by TheBCKid View Post
I'm sure many of us have done some dumb, scary, horrible things while under the influence.

If anyone has any stories they'd like to share please do. I think we could all use a laugh
Most of my drunk stories aren't funny to me yet. Hopefully one day I will be able to laugh at myself, but for now I'm still ashamed and embarrassed.

However, there is one drunken night that I can't help but laugh at. I had a habit of having drunk online chats with friends. My husband thought it was humorous to keep a log of my drunken chats sometimes. He is a good writer and has a pretty creative sense of humor, and he wrote the following "article" the day after a particularly outlandish online escapade with one of my best girlfriends (names have been omitted to protect the innocent LOL):

Today's Headline: M**** loves J****

Last night local homemaker M*** declared her love for J*** to the world. Repeatedly. Reports have been confirmed that M*** loves J***. M*** really loves J***. She loves her. A lot. During a late night *****! Instant Messenger chat session/tequila drinking binge, M told J that she loves her 17 times. "You're so cute," she added. Contributing to the outpouring of love was a mutual webcam session. Also present were M's husband, J2***, and J's boyfriend, R***. The four began to pound tequila shots and as the limes ran low M's emotions ran high.

"It was just, she had her webcam on, and she's so cute, and everytime I saw her on her webcam, all I could do was tell her how much I love her!!!!!!!," reported M***. When asked about the event, husband J2*** said, "I told her 'M***, that's like the 8000th f-cking time you've said that!' but she just kept typing it. I don't think she was too focused on the conversation, actually." M*** then proceeded with an attempt to convince R*** to either give J**** up completely to her or at least share her. R*** patiently explained to her numerous times that he and J*** are in a monogomous relationship and that unfortunately she would be unable to enter into a quasi-lesbian internet romance with her. M*** replied, "pwese? I would share her!! I'm drnuk. DRNUK. DAMMIT. DRUNK." Her repeated attempts to at least get R*** to allow J*** to kiss her resulted in his relenting slightly. "If she's up for it," he said.

J*** was described during the chat session as "totally hawt." Together the four went through approximately 1.5 bottles of tequila during the 3 hour webcam meet. However, the session ended abruptly as M*** said "sec," and disappeared. Her whereabouts were unknown for sometime. Managing to dial his cell phone through the alcoholic blur, J2*** called J*** and R*** to inform them that M*** was feeling quite ill from alcohol poisoning and that he was going out to "light one up."

Prior to her pilgrimage to worship the porcelain god, M*** had this final comment: "I love you J***. I love J***l. I love you J***. I love you J***. R*** I LOVE YOUR WOMAN!!!!!"