Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Dumb things you've done while drunk, that you can laugh about now.

Notices

Dumb things you've done while drunk, that you can laugh about now.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:42 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Right after the Whittier Quake, in 1987, a neighbor's apartment across the hall had exposed pipes from the bits where her wall crumbled, and while quite drunk and taking pity on the damage, to help her "feel better," I ran back over to my apartment, got a hammer, some nails and a mess of Otter Pop posters, then hammered up those ridiculous posters all over her wall to hide the pipes during a party she was hosting.

The next day she phoned me quite livid, asking me to come over and "get rid of these idiot posters." But I had no idea what she was talking about. When I got over to her place and saw the site, I was horrified as not only were these posters from my personal collection, but I had done that in an apparent black out while I was in pajamas and bathrobe.... and, it was videotaped for her friends to laugh at during future parties.

"Look at my crazy neighbor!"
Old 12-22-2009, 09:18 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Perhaps my best drunken night story was when my buddy Johnny and I went to Las Vegas for a few days and stayed in my friend Josh's hotel room, me sleeping on the roll-away bed and Johnny on the pull-out mattress. Apparently I was so drunk--I never sleepwalk--I got up in the middle of the night and tried to get into bed with Josh and his ex-girlfriend Cara. When he pushed me off, I almost sat on his cowboy hat sitting on a chair. He had to direct me back to my bed. They told me about this the next day.

That next night I got so drunk, I pissed the bed.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:33 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Remembering I lost at cards when drunk...thinking we were
playing strip poker.......I returned from the hosts bathroom
sat down at the table ...... naked.

Spades was the game we had been playing.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:18 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

"like a butterfly coming out of a canoe"
Too funny! I lol'ed with coffee in my mouth, damn you.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only drunk with a penchant for nudity, what's up with that?
Old 12-23-2009, 12:09 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I can remember walking around in my back yard in my underwear on a few occasions. I don't know why though.........

My poor neighbors.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:26 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

oh these stories are hilarious... especially Carol's... at least I had pajamas on!
Old 12-23-2009, 12:42 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Evidently, I got kicked out of a Durango bar for fondling a transvestite on the dance floor... two places that I would rarely engage in sober. I remember none of it of course.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:00 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

And (s)he complained?
Old 12-23-2009, 01:14 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Last week , i was drunk and it was only 8pm .. i know some good driving spots .. but on this night out nowhere i look up and see the red and blues , im like sh** ..i pulled over decent .. the cop came . turns out we both went to highschool back in the day . .. he looked in by me and says with a smile whats up "MY LASTNAME" im like nothn starting to **** my pants by the time im done, Then he said "whats that sweet smell" I go "sweet smell" idk what your talking about. he then said uve been drinking tonight ... And im like this is a new car i don't plan to crash it anytime soon.

then he just told me get where u need to be.. so once the cop left i went to a gas station and got some Whiskey ..... ILL NEVER DRINK AND DRIVE . If i hurt someone or killed someone i couldnt bare it ... this is my first post.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:24 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Welcome !!!

Originally Posted by lostsoolost View Post
Last week , i was drunk and it was only 8pm .. i know some good driving spots .. but on this night out nowhere i look up and see the red and blues , im like sh** ..i pulled over decent .. the cop came . turns out we both went to highschool back in the day . .. he looked in by me and says with a smile whats up "MY LASTNAME" im like nothn starting to **** my pants by the time im done, Then he said "whats that sweet smell" I go "sweet smell" idk what your talking about. he then said uve been drinking tonight ... And im like this is a new car i don't plan to crash it anytime soon.

then he just told me get where u need to be.. so once the cop left i went to a gas station and got some Whiskey ..... ILL NEVER DRINK AND DRIVE . If i hurt someone or killed someone i couldnt bare it ... this is my first post.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:02 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

It was the day after halloween a years ago and me and my friends were having a party. My one friend passed out and 3 of us decided it would be a great idea to steal his truck. We drove around town and stole about 50-60 pumpkins from peoples porches drunk as skunks. We returned to the party and smashed every single pumpkin right in front of my friends house.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:38 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

lostsoolost....Welcome to SR

Are you now planning to quit drinking?
So dangerous for you and others to continue..
Old 12-23-2009, 09:34 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

LOL, enjoyed your share Carol and all other posts.
I do not have anything to add; no funny/stupid, dumb stuff to share.
Only the shame and embarrassment remains.
Really glad that I'm sober and truely happy that I do not drink anymore.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:30 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

when i was looking after my sons rottweiller , the clumsy animal spilt my pint glass of wine all over the floor, so i knelt down to lap it up off the floor, and the dog started to do the same, then my son and his girlfriend walked in and saw what was happening, .. i blush just thinking about that,
Old 12-25-2009, 12:11 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

The dumbest thing I ever done while drunk is to pick up another drink.

tib
Old 12-27-2009, 12:46 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

One night I got into a car drunk with two of my drunken friends, the drunkest one was to do the driving (crazy). But alas the car wouldn't start. I saw a police car across he way so weaved my way over and demanded they drive me home.
I sat it the back with a bottle while they told me "no funny business now".

It's the only funny one I can actually remember.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
KCB.com/justfortoday :-)

I declared love for my girlfriend and proposed...we had only been together for about two weeks....I woke up to a letter from her telling me she was in love with me but couldn't marry me....

....the night before I was due in court and thought that I may go to prison I got hammered....stole a massive candle from the club then woke up still wrecked and tried to take a pair of juggling boobs to court....

....I bought a bottle of aftershock at Uni and drank all of it...I wandered about the halls of residence and was talking to everyone. A couple of days later I was walking through the social area and this girl was like "Hi Kirstie....." and proceeded to chat away to me....I had a blank look on my face and she told me she had met me that night...then proceeded to tell me loads about myself that I had told her....I met a few new friends that night....

....I practically stripped in a chip shop one night to show a girl my tattoos....she then messaged me on an online site and told me all about it and I still don't remember...

...I could go on and on!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 05:18 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Lol, Geek, I'm not sure if you need to avoid alcohol or women.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:53 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Soooo many dumb things, my mind reels just starting to think of them. I'm too new at this to really go through them just yet, but one jumps to mind.

Drunk tattoo.

Those are all the details I can give...I can't really laugh at this yet, but i think I'm getting close.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Getting back on my feet

Man there are a few. I have a couple I can share.

I used to drive drunk a lot until I got a minor consumption violation when I was 17. I won't have one sip and drive anymore. But anyways my best friend and I were driving hom and I was taking him to his house. We lived in the same private development out in the country and we were less than a mile apart. So it was dark and I'm like "Hey look at that raccoon." We both started staring at this racoon untill I realized that I was driving off into the grass from the road and we hit a small sappling tree. It is STILL bent to the side to this day and every time I go to his old house to visit his parents I'm reminded. lol

The other story has to do with him. Let's just say my mom found him one morning after a party with his pants down in our laundry room. Apparently he was so drunk that he used our bathroom and took the wrong (opposite) door. He couldn't find his way out of the laundry room and must have fallen down and just said screw it. My mom thought it was hilarious.

There are definately more if I really thought about them, but these stood out. Gosh I was dumb!!