Notices

How much a day were you drinking.........

Old 04-25-2011, 11:42 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LosingmyMisery View Post
I drank 3 to 4 bottles of wine a day. Or...what ever I could get my hands on. Beer was so filling and I couldn't handle much of that. The worst part was the planning. I always had to have a stash for the next day. I usually would break into the stash and would only have a tiny bit in the bottom the next day. I tried to have a little something to get me to the store to buy more or else the withdrawals and anxiety would hit and I would be in trouble. I can't believe I ingested that poison. I don't miss all of that havoc, not one bit. Life is so much simpler without all of the rigmarole.
Sounds JUST LIKE ME!!!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:28 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
former walking pharmacy

Early in my drinking career I would put away 8-12 beers/night (sometimes a 12 pack and sometimes 2 or 3 40oz of malt liquor). Binges were just countless amounts...15+ easy. I'd drink whatever.
More recently (though i'm glad to say i'm sober now) it was lots of liquor; putting away a 5th was nothing for me. I would also put liquor in my beer, and if that's not alcoholic behavior I don't know what is lol! Glad I don't have to do that sh*t any more.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:56 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
I usually got vodka. Whatever I'd have, I'd drink in one sitting. At my worst I would have fifths (and occasionally finish them before passing out.) This year I usually bought smaller quantities, but would always, compulsively finish whatever it was. Therein was the problem of my drinking. I could be sober for days/weeks but if I was drinking there was no cutting me off.

To this day I'm still learning to moderate myself when it comes to juice or soda. I remember one morning seeing 10 empty soda cans around my desk from the night before and thinking "this is not good behavior."
Im this way too,I take things to extreme. I might not want to get more drunk, but I continue to drink anyway for whatever reason. I use to go buy a big bag of Candy Corn (in my younger years) and then feel I should just finish it.

Sometimes I have NO desire to get more drunk, but I feel like I should finish the rest of that bottle...or whatever. It goes both ways, and I suppose part of it is feeling the need to hide it (drink it and dispose of any evidence).

I walked to my local Karaoke bar (I use to go there all the time, but havent been there for over a year) the other day, and they cut me off for no apparent reason, I was
Old 04-28-2011, 10:37 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I'd start with a beer
move on to about a half a fifth of bourbon or tequila
then finish with around 3 glasses of wine and some pot
Old 04-28-2011, 10:50 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

At my worst, I was drinking a half gallon- 3/4 of a gallon of rum...or vodka a day. I wasn't terribly picky about the brand...whatever I could get my hands on. I started off drinking wine coolers, beer or wine and before I knew it my addiction had progressed incredibly quickly as had my tolerance. Haven't touched a drink since March 19th, 2010 - haven't look back since

-Jess

Last edited by iliveforyou; 04-28-2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: forgot something as usual
Old 05-18-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Well, I had wine phases and beer phases.

In my wine phases, a bottle a night six nights a week, though sometimes I'd kick off the evening's festivities with a small bottle of beer as a kind of aperitif(!). In my beer phases, six pints of beer three or four nights a week. On average, around 25 (UK) units a week. (I keep count, which of course is classic alcoholic behaviour. Normal drinkers don't need to keep count of how much they drink, it would just be a waste of time.)

The above was my recent pattern once I hit thirty or so, but in my twenties, the pattern was different - heavy social binge drinking two to four nights a week, usually 6-10 beers on each night I went drinking, sometimes rounded off with a few whiskey and cokes at the end of the night.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I drank way too much beer, and on special occasions I drank Golden Wedding until I passed out. Nasty when I think about it!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:52 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Matt M

I must admit that I'm one of those people who upon hearing people say they drank a few glasses a wine a night, then say they are an alcoholic, think "are you sure??".
But i'm no expert on it, I just know what I drank.

I generally drank vodka, whiskey, gin or extra strong cider/lager.
If I had a normal can of lager/cider i'd feel i'd have to have two at once because it wasn't strong enough.
The amount of spirits I could get through was ridiculous. A litre of vodka or whiskey would never last more than 48 hours.
At my worst I would drink early in the morning, in the afternoon and then late into the night, and this was holding down a fulltime job. When that cycle started becoming a constant day after day thing, that's when things really started going downhill.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:34 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I will never forget these nights that changed my life. These experiences were vivid and livid!

My first throw up was drinking an aged COGNAC. I threw up in the tub and forgot what had happened. My mom had to tell me what happened.

My 2nd throw up was drinking 1 bottle of Red Wine. I threw up on the carpet and it was filled w/ the red wine and food. I also somehow took off my pants. I guess I was so hammered I stopped short of changing out.

I passed out a few times at parties, forgetting what had happened the night before.

But the worst one was drinking from morning to night, and then eventually passing out in the bath tub w/ the water on. My mom and dad had to break the door. I suspect I almost drowned to death. I ended up w/ a bruise on my thigh.

Being hammered before work is disgusting.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

It would usually 2 24oz cans of A:M or Four Loko and a can of some other "high gravity" beer within 3 hours. I didn't want to spend a lot so I would buy those strong malt beverages(12% per volume) at a convenience store. It would seem cheap too being a $7 a night habit, which turns into $49 a week, $196 a month, and over the course of a year roughly $2352 a year spent on booze! Man that money could have been put elsewhere for much more productive use!
Old 05-19-2011, 04:26 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Too damn much.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:46 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ru12 View Post
Too damn much.
My thoughts too. Actually, i was also thinking "a lot. A whole heck of a lot."
Old 05-19-2011, 04:55 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Binge drink tons of beers and shots of vodka or rum

Usually just on weekends or when I went out during the week
Old 05-19-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
BHF

I was pretty much a binge drinker. Drank in bars for the most part. Rarely kept more than a 12 pack beer at the house. Weekdays I might drink 3 nights, never too much (6-12 beers, a couple Beam & Cokes). Friday and Saturday nights...I dont know? Alot. I'd usually have to go through the wallet to see how much I'd spent.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:14 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

vols

Hi all
Just wondering as over in the UK, i dont get the oz thing of the 1 fifth as in terms of amounts people were drinking, can any explain, we are pints and litres etc, sorry if ia am being dumb
Old 05-19-2011, 06:20 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I no longer drank much average beer because it took too long to get drunk. I turned to the alcoholic favorite of cheap Vodka pints and malt liquor. Towards the end I was drinking rubbing alcohol and other assorted alcohol to ward off withdrawal. Drinking a 30pack of beer was too much work for me and I don't like work.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

a fifth is a fifth of a gallon. Maybe 750 ml or so id guess.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:46 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Well, my husband is always watching, and would have a glass of wine with dinner too. If I finished the rest of a bottle, he'd lecture and nag, etc. So I either kept two or more bottles open at a time so I could have a little of one and a little of another, or I'd put rum in my after-dinner coffee.

I think 2 bottles of wine or the equivalent would be my upper limit. I could drink two glasses of wine, but it was uncomfortable to stop there -- I wanted to keep going.

I see everyone saying it's about what it does, not how much, but I want to say that I've never known anyone to drink as much as I can or did or wanted to, so it makes me feel less like a freak to read these posts. I thought surely nobody could imagine how much I drank!!

In fact... the first time I drank a whole bottle of wine (decades ago), I had a different husband, and he freaked out so loudly, I called an A.A. hotline in shame, and said I'd had way too much to drink the night before, it's out of control. The guy on the phone asked how much I'd had and I could barely get the words out: A bottle of wine. Silence. "A bottle of wine?" "Yes, the whole thing." He asked me what size it was. Then he said, in a kind tone of voice, "And you feel that was a lot?" I thought for years that was a standard saying -- like he was thinking, "Oh my GOD this woman drank a whole bottle of wine I can't believe it" but only said, "Do YOU feel that was a lot?" to make sure I accepted that it was.

ANYway, it was still out of control. I'd look forward to my 5:00 wine and start watching the clock by 3:00. I didn't like making any commitments outside of the house in the evenings because it meant I couldn't drink. (Unless it was a party, of course.) I am sure I had hangovers to rival anyone else's here -- just feeling I was going to die.

I did stupid things, wrote stupid things, and upset my husband while drinking. And I ended up in the hospital when I got suicidal when drunk, and was admitted and treated for dual diagnosis.

It's interfered with my life, no doubt. I'm better off without it.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Enough to take me right through stages one through three alcoholism and I didn't know it until I hit stage three. A case a day until my tolerance went down and I had the effects mentioned above, a few would make me slur and the next day it never even got me started. Cunning, baffling, powerful, it kills.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:27 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coolmummy View Post
2 bottles of white wine every evening. Which was 'fine' because 'the middle classes drink white wine'

Yeah right!!!
Me too. And of course I got "good" wine because I wouldn't want the clerk to think I was an ALCOHOLIC or anything, lol!

GG