Notices

How much a day were you drinking.........

Old 09-05-2008, 08:20 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I have to agree completely with RufusACanal . . . on both posts.

Welcome Trying101. I certainly hope you don't take anyone's opinion as a personal "attack." Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone's got one. For me, all I care to remember is that this disease damn near killed me. It has taken my sister, many friends and most recently, on August 22, I lost not only a cousin from one side of the family but another cousin's son from the other side. Both on that same day. Each day people are dying from this disease.

I've just seen too many alcoholics and addicts begin to talk about what they drank or how much they drank and the next thing you know, out come the war stories glorifying throwing up, passing out, fighting, blackouts . . .

I just thank God for my Sobriety and for everyone else who is able to post on SR today instead of being 6 feet under.

Not to sound like Tiny Tim, but God Bless Us . . . Everyone.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:41 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I really had notpreference. I would have wine during the week because a glass of red wine is good for you so six is just asgood. On the weekends it was mostly beer, but not your average beer. I liked real hoppy IPA's with 8% and up in alcohol so that was my weekend thing. Usually a twelve pack and up on Friday-Sunday. Monday never felt good for obvious reasons. I figure I spent a hundred dollars a week just on alcohol. What a complete waste!!!!!

Shawn
Old 09-05-2008, 11:33 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Little Girl Lost

It really does not matter how much one drank or currently drinks. Is alcohol running your life? Is alcohol hurting your physical and mental well-being? Do you believe that alcohol is causing problems in your life? Do you want to stop drinking? Those questions, in my opinion, are the ones that matter most.
Well said.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:43 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

1 bottle of wine = I could act sober
1 1/2 bottles = I was good and buzzed
2 bottles = I was good and drunk

I usually drank 1 1/2 bottles unless I had to finish the 2nd
BUT keep in mind, I only drank in the evening and whatever I drank I usually pounded in 2 hours, tops.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

5th of vodka

I'm currently drinking a 5th of Vodka per day. If I don't drink I feel jumpy and on edge. The 5th doesn't even get me drunk...it just keeps me feeling okay. The next morning is horrible...feel like poop warmed over. Yet I feel trapped.
I going to try tapering today...maybe drink 3/4 of a bottle one night then 1/2 the next and then hopefully quit. I'm tired of feeling like crap all the time.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:31 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Welcome Kevy.

Vodka....a good day was half a fifth. A bad day was the entire fifth. Kevy I gave mayself a one day transition "wean" and then went totally sober. day # 10 now....the bouts of agitation punctuated by brief periods of fatigue have reversed themselves.

Good luck!
Old 04-25-2011, 02:46 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Kevy....please check with your doctor about how best to de tox
That's always a wise move...

Please read this link about de toxing...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

Welcome to SR.....
Old 04-25-2011, 02:48 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

1 pint of Vodka per day (generally) and sometimes 2; although those were the times when I literally feel like I became someone else. To sum it up 2 bottles = not good. I think about the instances that happened when I consumed 2 bottles in a very short period and that is what keeps me moving forward.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

About a pint and a half of bourbon a day. I don't think I was every able to down a whole fifth in one day before passing out.

Kevy, just quit man. tapering has a terrible track record. go see your doctor like Carol suggested, get a plan, and stop.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:46 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Welcome kevy...I hope you stick around. Please see your doctor...getting sober is the best thing I have ever done.

I drank 2 liters of wine on average and a pack of smokes...I'm happy and healthy at 9 months.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Hwdcarver

For me It depended on how I felt form the day before! But to answer the question, too much, a12pk. woukd gust get me started and then i'd feel good enough to think about trying to hang out. Where at exactly who knows? by then I'd be on the rum & cokes and onthe way to hammerville!!!! (WAY TOO MUCH)
Old 04-25-2011, 07:10 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi, Kevy. Glad you're here and hope you stick around. I was a junior varsity drinker working hard to make the varsity team. That last night I drank (which was a lapse after a few weeks sober) it started as "a glass" of wine on a quiet Sunday night, watching a movie and planning to get to bed at a reasonable time. Next thing I know (or so it seemed) my hair is done, makeup is on and I'm out at the local pub tossing back more wine...I think about 10-12 glasses in a couple hours all told, but I really lost track at 8, and I hadn't had dinner. The evening ended with me on the bathroom floor and not making it to work the next day. It took about 4 days to keep food down and stop everything from spinning. I am now on Day 35 and working working hard on my recovery. It's not the quantity or type, in my opinion...it's the fact that I was clearly out of control, drove drunk, and the fact that it all seemed so automatic...once I had that first drink, it wasn't even a decision anymore...it was game on, and it was happening no matter my previous intentions. That's what scared the crap out of me the next day and still scares me.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:42 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Between 1.5 and 2 bottles of Yellowtail Chardonnay accompanied by 6-8 Marlboro Lights every night, consumed in about 2 hours.

Not a drink or a smoke in over 6 months. Striking the number of women winos like myself on this thread.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:52 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I would drink a minimum of 8 beers, but at least 3 times a week i would drink 12. This does not count the amount of drinks I would have at the bars with my friends, so I probably got close to 100 drinks a week.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:54 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I worked at a hotel bar for 12 hours a day (night-shift), I used to drink around 9 pints of beer with at least 5 shorts daily at work. and then go home and drink a further 2 bottles of red wine in order to get to sleep.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:03 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

bottle of wine most nights at home, I'd drink more if I went out
Old 04-25-2011, 09:30 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

How many drinks did I have a day? All of them...
Old 04-25-2011, 10:04 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I had two speeds: maintenance & binge. My maintenance baseline was about a 1/2 a fifth of scotch or vodka, daily, and when a binge was inspired I'd ramp up to a full fifth a night, drag that out til I crashed, then back to maintenance levels.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:34 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Trying101 View Post
at your worst and what type of alcohol?

I was at about about 16 to 25 ounces of vodka per day. More on the weekends to come up with that average.

I was doing the functional thing. Drinking after my 9 to 5 and ramping up on the weekends.
7 days a week. 2 bottles wine an evening to 3 bottles of wine an evening twice a week for a decade.((( That's over 100 standard units a week. Prior to that, mainly weekend binge drinking of 5-6 bottles wine Friday night - Sunday night for a decade. 20 years so far. I have to stop or I'll die!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:38 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Fifth of vodka every night basically. No matter how slow I tried to drink it- how many ways I tried to pour it...I drank it down like water.