Notices

Fugfuggy detox thread...

Old 08-20-2008, 06:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

For me days 3 & 4 were the worst, it starts to physically get better aftrer that, then the mental obsession starts, for me that was the real battle, the folks in the detox center took care of the physical part pretty darn well. Hang in there, it does get better.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! Might I suggest if you have not yet read the thread, A New Life, please do so. Here, members are posting their experience with ending their drinking and living free of the booze and the associated insanity. A New Life sounds like what you are searching for and this thread may help. If I can help, please email me.

Thanks,

Ron
Old 08-20-2008, 11:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

day 3 update.

first day they had me heavily medicated on syrex and lythium

Finally got two full night sleep. i have a monster headache, drank coffe add took al alieve. i hade a violent reaction that almost sent me to the ER but they gave me more serix and I was able to calm down. I have never shaken so violently and my blood pressure and pulse raised to 189. I felt like I was havign an eternal earthquake. Puked my guts out. Soon they stabalized me and took me off coffee completley adn alieve. Have not eaten for five days now but drinking a lot of water.

i came in vey drunk and the work stared on the meds under dr supervision. had to be physicaly help through the house by a lot of very caring people.

Wich me luck for a bettter day than today.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

well, day 3 still and i ihad some sort of attack that almost sent me to the ER. BP spike, heart rate of 189 and shaking more violently more than you can imagie. With more syrex and some calm breating I was able to bring it under control. At 2 they put me on even more syrex and confined me to bed rest for the remainder of the day Tried to eat and immediately puked it up. 5 days now with no food.

your ongoing support is the main thing that I look forward to know. Please keep posting.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Keep it up. I don't know what you're detoxing off of, is it alcohol? When I was in detox I saw all kinds of sick people, EW!!!! LOL!!!!

It will get better, that's the good thing.

I'm glad you've kept us updated........even if I am a newbie.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

yeah, I am detoxin from half litre of vodka every day for the last 10+ years. The dr is alreadh talking live disease and Gkird.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

detoxing from half litre of vodka per day, not to mention 2 bottles of wine as a warm up.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'm so very glad you were wise and went for a medically
supervised de tox. And yes...you will soon feel better.

Rest and try to relax ...
Old 08-20-2008, 06:52 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

fuggy,

Hang in there! It does get better and you will be starting a new life! Please keep us updated on your progress.

Love,

Lenina
Old 08-20-2008, 09:08 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

just recieved my nightly knock out meds and going to be soon. Sorry for the drug enduced spelling as of late.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:26 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hang in there. You have the right help.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:28 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Have a good sleep! We will see you on Day 4. :ghug3
Old 08-21-2008, 07:01 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

fugfuggy sounds like you are experienceing a lot of what I did when I went through detox, if you are like me you will reread what you posted and not remember ever posting it.

I was pretty much a total mess for the first 3-4 days, I started to get the shakes on the third day.... they upped my anti-siezure meds!!

Hang in there, it gets better the longer you stay sober and work on yourself.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:30 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Day 4

had the best night sleep yet. I still constantly feel groggy due to the meds. One thing that returned to me this morning was my appetite. I felt like going to denny's for a grand slam breakfast, of course I could not cause I am not allowed off of the premises.

Funny thing is, I am the only one here for alcohol. Most are here for herroin. However, I get more supervision and medical care than all the others. When asked why that is, they said "you are the only one here that can actually die from your detox!" Now that woke me up.

I gotta say I am not real keen on the place given everybody is half my age and are all 30 day wonders preaching the steps to me. It is what it is, at least I am handling the detox well. My blood pressure is now within normal range!
Old 08-21-2008, 08:33 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
fugfuggy sounds like you are experienceing a lot of what I did when I went through detox, if you are like me you will reread what you posted and not remember ever posting it.

I was pretty much a total mess for the first 3-4 days, I started to get the shakes on the third day.... they upped my anti-siezure meds!!

Hang in there, it gets better the longer you stay sober and work on yourself.

Yeah, it was pretty funny to go back and read. Most of you know me as a half way articulate person to read. But what I wrote when I first got on the meds is complete jibberish
Old 08-21-2008, 09:00 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I was pretty much the same way, combination I thinnk of the actual withdrawals and the meds they were giving me to keep the DTs and anxiety away.

What saved me long term was following the suggestions they gave me in detox, if I had not done as they suggested and gone to at least 90 AA meetings in 90 days straight out of detox I would have been drunk in 2 days after getting out of detox if I had not followed that suggestion, I was barely able to make it home without stopping for a 12 pack.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:03 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Day 4

One the meds again, but less of them so I should be coherent. I am sitting around a bunch of 19 year old kids listening to iPods with nobody really to connect with. I finally had the chance to spend half an hour with a counselor and get some of this crap off of my chest. That felt better. I explained that it was not possible to check into inpatient so he suggested that I drive down once a week for outpatient group, but it is with the same bunch of kids so not really digging that idea. he also suggested that I find meetings with people in my own financial status so that I can see there are others like me.

I hate to say it but I am loving this medicated feeling. It is like being have drunk stumbling around and needing occasional help to walk through a tricky walkway. People have been very good about helping me.

My biggest fear is sleeping sober with nothing in my system. He suggested that I buy an mp3 player and listen to interesting podcast at night and to go to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday. Also, to take the edge off, take benedryl before I go to sleep. Nobody seems to be keen on my post care therepest and all are trying to push me into meetings.

I will be here until sunday and then will have to come up with a new plan. They keep telling me that if I continue to drink I will die. It has been confirmed that I now have liver disease, which I was expecting. Even with all of there experience they all gasp at how much I was drinking and for how long.

Next update coming soon. Keep the support coming. It means a lot to me.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:41 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I just came home from my noon AA meeting.

16 members....laughing...sharing....discussing how they stay sober.
Rather like a classroom for sober living.

Don't short change yourself....AA is an awesome adventure.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:47 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Patron Saint of Hot Tubs

I was fortunate to be unconscious through nearly all of my detox. I hope it keeps getting better for you, fug. I've got the same feeling as you, of not being able to connect with others in the clinic. I was chastised and told to stop looking for differences.

Just until Sunday? I hope it goes well for you, which I believe I already said, but hell...it bears repeating, eh.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:01 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

end of day 4 and I can't lie. I have some pretty intense cravings for either the syrex or a real drink. They are tapering off the meds now and it's not feeling so good. The center director keeps telling me how great I look and how I have transformed. My eyes look normal again, and feel normal, even better. He even suggested that I shorten my detox time to 5 days and I said absolutely not. Even though I have technically detoxed I have not gone to bed without drugs or tranquilizers. As you can see by my articulateness, I have no drugs in me and I am jonesing for the next batch tonight before I go to bed.

My body feels good but my mind not so much.