Notices

A New Life

Old 08-22-2008, 06:21 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Wow Jersey, you have not lost it, you should really see about having a meeting come to you, I can assure you that your ES&H would help others.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:57 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thank you Jersey and least. The power of a New life is amazing. Freedom from active Alcoholism is only the beginning and the ESH you both share helps tremendously.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:09 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

I remember coming to this sight after failing a few times. My relapses reminded me that I had to try harder. I would spend my entire day reading stories of recovery and wishing I could have 6 months sober, 1 year. I wanted to write about my recovery story, but it seemed so inconceivable to me. I knew nothing about sobriety, but was well versed in the art of being a drunk.

I finally succeeded at one year and it felt so liberating and was an accomplishment I am extremely proud of and grateful for. I wasn't sure if I could do it or not, but knew I better keep trying or my chances of survival were slim. I learned to love my newfound sobriety. I now have 4 years of sobriety and still love to read stories of others who are making the sober journey. I will forever be able to relate to the struggles and the pains of alcoholism. Also, I can relate to the joys and the contentment of sobriety! Never quit trying!! You too can become a success story!
Old 08-25-2008, 10:03 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Today I am free. Thank you LosingmyMisery!
Old 08-26-2008, 07:17 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Thanks to all of you, you are all part of my sobriety.

Rufus.... FREE!!!!! What an awesome word, being free of the chains of alcoholism and of self is something I pray I will never forget the joy of. All thanks to a very simple program for complex people that enabled me to find a Power greater than myself which solved my problems.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:54 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

If you want to know more about the common solution please follow the link below to Silkworth.com and listen to two of the most respected members of AA, Charlie and Joe share their experience, strength and hope in their Big Book teaching on “There is a Solution”.

If you have an IPod, Iphone or MP3 player, download these amazing lessons and begin to learn our Basic Text like never before. These two men were instrumental in my New Life and they could be in yours.

Downloads & mp3's from silkworth.net
Old 08-28-2008, 06:54 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

What separates the normal man or woman from the Alcoholic? What is the difference between the hard drinker and the Alcoholic?

The answers to these questions and many more concerning Alcoholism can be found in the book titled, Alcoholics Anonymous.

Why was the book written?

"We, of Alcoholics Anonymous, are more than one hundred men and women who have recovered from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body. To show other alcoholics PRECISELY HOW THEY CAN RECOVER is the main purpose of this book."
Old 08-29-2008, 05:54 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Healing takes effort, effort takes action, action needs decisions, decisions come from hope; hope provides it all!

Do you have hope today?

Ron
Old 08-29-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I had my last drink on 17 March 2007.

I knew from my early 20s that I had a problem with alcohol but I did not want to admit it. For 30 years I kept drinking nd slowly the black-outs and 'grey' areas of blurriness increased, along with physical illness and broken relationships and lost work opportunities, depression and insanity.

When at last I wanted to stop drinking I found I could not. I was afraid for the first time that I was very near death. As soon as I could physically pick up a phone I called AA and went to my first meeting. I could identify with every word spoken that evening and one member said to me, conversationally, 'You need never drink again.'

That was such a relief to hear. I was willing to do anything that would help me stop drinking and today I am grateful for that gift of utter desperation.

I was powerless over alcohol and had been for almost three decades. I could not get sober on my own and I believed that a Higher Power would help me. I simply trusted the process and the community of AA and whatever Power had kept me from dying. The Steps showed me how to clean up the mess of my life, start over and begin living sober, one day at a time.

Service in AA and to reach out to suffering alcoholics who may want sobriety is core to my recovery. I am grateful to be able to give back something of what I have received from all my friends in AA.

Love & peace in sobriety

Mala
Old 08-29-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mala09 View Post
I had my last drink on 17 March 2007.

Service in AA and to reach out to suffering alcoholics who may want sobriety is core to my recovery. I am grateful to be able to give back something of what I have received from all my friends in AA.

Love & peace in sobriety

Mala
Thank you Mala! Gratitude changes everything!
Old 09-02-2008, 06:58 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Active Alcoholics are in the grip of a physical allergy and a mental obsession. In this respect no Alcoholic is unique.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:14 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

'You need never drink again.'
When I first heard those words, they gave me hope, I found them hard to beleive, but it turned out those words were true, as long as I remain willing to do what ever it takes to stay sober they will remain true.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:03 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

"We are average Americans. All sections of this country and many of its occupations are represented, as well as many political, economic, social, and religious backgrounds. We are people who normally would not mix. But there exists among us a fellowship, a friendliness, and an understanding which is indescribably wonderful. We are like the passengers of a great liner the moment after rescue from shipwreck when camaraderie, joyousness and democracy pervade the vessel from steerage to Captain's table. Unlike the feelings of the ship's passengers, however, our joy in escape from disaster does not subside as we go our individual ways. The feeling of having shared in a common peril is one element in the powerful cement which binds us.note But that in itself would never have held us together as we are now joined.

The tremendous fact for every one of us is that we have discovered a common solution. We have a way out on which we can absolutely agree, and upon which we can join in brotherly and harmonious action. This is the great news this book carries to those who suffer from alcoholism."
Old 09-16-2008, 09:44 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Are you desperate enough to start the path of a New Life?
Old 03-15-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 55 (permalink)