Notices

Checkin' in, now it's your turn

Old 03-10-2007, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checkin' in, now it's your turn

Hi everyone, how are you doing today? I got through another Friday night with no issues despite the boys drinking in the garage. They invited me out for a beer but I said no thanks. They got bored of taunting me after about 5 minutes and went to the neighbors to drink.

I slept in this morning, yay!! Actually I think I got too much sleep.

So before I head out to run some errands I wanted to see how everyone is doing today!
Old 03-10-2007, 08:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Tall, today I have gone from feeling awful to feeling OK now. Thanks for asking

Old 03-10-2007, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, good job for saying no!! If I was there last night I would have went out there and clobbered someone over the head for taunting you thats not cool!
Today is 30 days for me WOOT WOOT!!!!!!! SOOO happy, I get to start collecting 30 day chips now YAY!!
Old 03-10-2007, 08:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey stone, OK is way better than awful Hang in there dude!!!
Old 03-10-2007, 08:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yea the taunting isn't cool is it? They need a slap.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stone, glad you're feeling better today... what is it that Carol says, "Forward we go, side by side". I like that.

TJ, 30 days is amazing!! Way to go!!

As for the taunting, it's what they do. But I can tell you there have been many times that they show up here 'not drinking' cause of things they did the night or week before so they seem to get it and they gave up pretty quickly. Drinking is 'what they do' and they are already at it again today. One guy showed up at 10:00. Oy.

I have plans for a sober day today, cooking, cleaning etc. I feel good and have my Beth Hart blasting on my IPOD.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Me? Sober .. Smiling .. Serene!

Old 03-10-2007, 08:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

There is certainly a certain "spring" to your "voice" that just screams of sobriety, Talluleh Makes me smile.

I'm sober, clear-headed, and damned happy to be here rather than with the boys from your garage who likely feel like crap today.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Morning Talluleh and all!

I am OK, just getting motivated to tidy up my house. Not my fave but I have a little trick. I set my timer for 15 minutes, then when it goes I have to move to another part of the house. It mixes it up a bit and before I know it I am done! Reminds me a bit of the "one day at a time." Hm, it works for everything!

Have a great sober day... isn't it great to wake up on a Saturday without a pounding headache and that awful, gray slug hangover feeling! I know I love it! xo
Old 03-10-2007, 09:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm a little disappointed in myself. I stayed up until 4am trying to fix an electrical problem on my bike. This caused me to oversleep and miss my Sat. morning discussion meeting. This is my favorite meeting and I'm thinking of making my it home group.

I'm need to constantly remind myself that recovery comes before everything else. I have a bad tendency to get obsessed with projects and just can't "let go".

I really missed being at that meeting this morning.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Drinking coffee, here at the computer, listening to the rain outside my window....
All is well.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
outtahere

They failed at getting you to drink again! How does it feel to be stronger then they are?

You're just having to get more rest from all that mental exercise.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by I_am_tj View Post
Hi, good job for saying no!! If I was there last night I would have went out there and clobbered someone over the head for taunting you, thats not cool!
Today is 30 days for me WOOT WOOT!!!!!!! SOOO happy, I get to start collecting 30 day chips now YAY!!

Wow, it looks like the ladies are really taking action and looking out for themselves.

TJ, you are an example of God's work. I went back to some of the posts when you first came on board. You have grown so much in the last 30 days. If you don't mind, I'd like to give you a kiss on the cheek. You also deserve one of these "If you are painstaking about this phase of your development you will be amazed before you are halfway through."

Tall,

"I got through another Friday night with no issues despite the boys drinking in the garage. They invited me out for a beer but I said no thanks. They got bored of taunting me after about 5 minutes and went to the neighbors to drink."

No that's progress Rock Queen. They'll get the message sooner or later that you are not one to mess with. You are growing so much! I know you must feel that there's a Higher Power up there guiding you. The strength and courage that you've gotten has come from thinking about your HP and knowing that "they" are giving you a standing ovation.

Ladies,

It's been a little over three weeks since I've come to SR. The progress that people are making here is very heartwarming. Passing along your strength to others is the best way for you to gain even more strength and courage. You are an inspiration to all who say it can't be done. You are proof that this program works when you work it.

Yours in sobriety,
A very proud Ed
Old 03-10-2007, 10:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Things are good here!!!! A miracle happend to me today...I actually got caught up on all of my laundry!!! Every piece!!!!! Whew...once in a lifetime baby, once in a lifetime.......life is good!
Old 03-10-2007, 11:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Surly, now THAT is the kinda miracle I'm looking for!! An I LOVE LOVE LOVE your avatar!!

Ed, you've only been online here for 3 weeks? Why did I think you've been on here for about 20 years.

Nuudawn, it's stopped raining here, but I wish the sun would come out.

Uncle Earl, I'm glad you're here with us and not in the garage with those guys. Got home from grocery shopping and hubby is in a right bad mood, why? I dunno. They went to the neighbors to do their drinking so I get some quiet time, yay.

came2believe, I like that idea of the timer for cleaning. Might have to try that out.

leeside, if I keep eating like this my belly is gonna be as big as that guy in the cartoon!!!

Joe, sorry you missed your meeting but I know how you feel about getting caught up, it can be hard to stop doing some projects once you start.

Carol, I saw your pic over at the cafe, you DO look serene and happy. And your grandson is really handsome!

They say never go to the grocery store hungry and well, that was exactly what I did. I ended up with usual weekly food but a ton of 'snacks' I never usually buy. Banana Arrowroot cookies? They are good though. I have a bunch of cleaning to do but don't feel like it right now so I think I'll finish up my coffee, go have a smoke on the back porch and just breath.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by Talluleh View Post
Ed, you've only been online here for 3 weeks? Why did I think you've been on here for about 20 years.

I've only been online here for three weeks, I got sober 6-8-86. Glad to hear you got something to eat. Don't get too pudgy, or you'll end up like me.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

From Golfman
Don't get too pudgy, or you'll end up like me
Hey, you're not that pudgy at all. I saw that pic of you on the golfcourse & you looked just fine or is that an old photo??!!

Talluleh, you're doing just great, huh? Well done for telling those guys where to go with their beers.

Well done for 30 days tj and Stone, here's a for you. I hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
dum vita est spes est

Hey T-rific, hey fellow sober soldiers.

I'm doing just fine today. Had the deal with some nonsense last night like you T. My buddy was on the phone trying to convince me to go out and the I wasn't an alcoholic...oh the voices they came a knockin' so I instead of picking up a beer I picked up the phone and called an AA member - went to bed sober.

Still have yet to say the prayer on pg. 63 with a dry eye every morning - it's just so powerful.

Ups and downs at work - but hey, I can still eat food, sleep in a nice bed with a roof over my head, and my bills are still paid up. So God has blessed me. Today was my "weight lifting supplement eating" day (yuck!) taking vitamins, pills, and protein shakes starting today. My stomach is pretty mad at me.

I agree T, SurlyRedHed's avatar - is awesome, if you don't get a laugh or a smile out of that, then you ain't livin'!

Blessings to all,
PR
Old 03-10-2007, 01:44 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi Tallulah .

Checking in real quick... and checking out again. I'll be back later after mass & errands.

I would've locked those dogs in the garage for taunting you. That's just rude.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:07 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.. I have been super busy all week so I haven't posted in a few day's though I have been able to catch up a little here and there. I have been going to meetings so i feel ok about that. But I have this weird anxious kind of feeling today for some reason.. restless and anxious. Dont feel like drinking, that won't work. Anyway, I hope everone is doing well and thanks for being here.