Notices

Unhappy with the 12 and 12

Old 12-16-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Guys, this has been a fantastic thread, pleeease don't get it closed.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Guys, this has been a fantastic thread, pleeease don't get it closed.
That is so sad that we have to worry about that happening.

Heavy sigh....
Old 12-16-2009, 05:04 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Sadness is very low energy and easy to overcome... energy of about 50 to 70.

Cheer up!
Old 12-17-2009, 02:50 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I interpret Bill's writings in very simplistic terms, self will or ego, separates us from God.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:07 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
REZ

I also had spiritual experiences when I was still drinking, but I didn't follow them up with any action or major life changes because I was still drinking. AA is a program of action and change. Spiritual experiences IMO should lead to a greater concern for others and less obsession with self.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:58 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Ago

Originally Posted by REZ View Post
I also had spiritual experiences when I was still drinking, but I didn't follow them up with any action or major life changes because I was still drinking. AA is a program of action and change. Spiritual experiences IMO should lead to a greater concern for others and less obsession with self.
Yesterdays spiritual experience is meaningless drunk or sober, because it was yesterdays experience

trying to stay sober on yesterdays spiritual experience is like trying to eat the memory of yesterdays lunch, and a form of spiritual materialism or spiritual egomania

I suspect that's why they wrote "what we have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition (today)

I have had amazing spiritual experiences under the influence of hallucinogenics where I saw "God's wiring" and equally amazing spiritual experiences with doing step work with others or as a result of meditating for days upon end, where I saw "God's wiring" sober

It's all equally meaningless today, and also has the same merit, in both instances they are memories of spiritual experiences.

"After the Ecstasy, the laundry"

"Chop wood, Carry Water"

I think that's why in much of Buddhist literature I read cooks feature so prominently, you can't tell hungry people about yesterdays lunch, and you can't serve people tomorrows lunch.

Like Love is an action word, not a description. spiritual is an action word, not something that took place in the past.

If it aint right now, it aint real, it's a memory and I can't stay sober on them nor eat them.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:21 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good point there Ago.