Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 56

Old 07-20-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

David spent some time calling around about getting the cats fixed but not yet found anything affordable. I will give him the resource you just mentioned.

Those little boogers have begun playing in/on my built in book shelves. David got up and there were a slew of books knocked off and onto the floor. They are too cute to get mad at.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

I'm here. Still just reading, mostly. A bit tired, overwhelmed and burned out but other than that I'm good This, too, shall pass.

Love, hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-20-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Old 07-20-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

To help everyone have a moment of peace!

TOD
Old 07-21-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good morning HH

Expected to be hot and humid in the 90s for the next couple of days. Today partly cloudy in the low 80s high humidity.

(Amy) What's going on? It's not like you to be so quiet.

(Jay) Good to see you. Group hug back at you.

(TOD) Day 15 right? Good for you, keep up the good work.

(Live) Did you get new kittens? How wonderful, what are their names?

(chicory) Yikes is right. I can't even imagine living in those times.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. A shout out to all the missing Hen Houser's.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 07-21-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Good to see you (((Amy))) and (((Jay)))

Live, the Humane society here in ohio will neuter/spay any strays you bring in, for free, then they will release them back to where you found them. you must check first, to see if they have the grant money to do that! or they may not come out alive, sadly enough. but if they do that free in your area, be sure to tell them they are strays, and give your address, approx, and they will release them back there, or you can pick them up and "release them yourself" if you get my meaning.
also check non kill shelters and rescues. they know the best places, best prices to get that done. some will give you a voucher for free or discounted services.

hugs
Old 07-21-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Can you believe Paul McCartney is 73 years old? And Ringo Star just turn 74.

Here is Paul with Billy Joel at Shea Stadium.

TB
Old 07-21-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning Hen House!

I've scratched and clawed my way to day 15 TB! I'm stacking them up as Venus suggested! It seems I have a good day of energy and then I'm sluggish the next two to three days. I'll survive it! The body is learning how to work and function w/o the pain meds again. All of this is to be expected! Usually takes me a good 30 days to get my body back to feeling fully normal again. I'm halfway there!

Chicory: Last week I used the Lemon Joy dish soap instead of the other Dawn soap in my dishes. The strong smell of Lemons hit my nose and it was refreshing! Been using it for a long time and haven't smelled it that strongly in a long time. All sorts of smells are surfacing now that my sniffer is turned back on to it's full capacity! Searching them out and getting rid of them! My taste buds are coming back too.

I was just starting to wake up around noon after going to bed at 3:00 AM when the sound of the lawn mower goes flying past my bedroom window! Jethro is a hellion on the lawn work around here. He went around yesterday with the weed eater and took care of the weeds in certain areas too. All sorts of slithering and crawling creatures are heading to higher ground due to all the rain. I'm grateful Jethro keeps the grass and weeds cut short around here. Now if the Realtor company that owns UMPs place would only get the field cut over there. The weeds/grass have gotten so tall I can't even see the bottom of the windows on the trailer anymore. I don't EVEN want to know what lurks within that tall stuff.

As a new beginner off my DOC again! I try to find things that lift my moods and keep me focused on the mission of staying off them. May I never lose sight of this again!

Have a good day everyone!

TOD
Old 07-21-2014, 01:09 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Did you know, bananas grow on a tropical plant that is not a tree – it has no trunk. Bananas are gigantic herbs that spring from underground stems. What appears to be the trunk is a false stem formed by tightly wrapped leaf sheaths. With stalks 25 feet high, they’re the largest plant on earth without a woody stem.

TB
Old 07-22-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Good morning HH

Nice sleeping weather last night, hovering in the low 60s. Today it all changes. Hot hot hot, highs in the 80s with high humidity.

(TOD) Congrats on day 16, way to go. When you put your recovery first anything is possible.

(Amy) Thinking about you, I hope everything is okay.

I'm off to take care of some chores before it gets really hot. I hope and pray everyone has a wonderful day.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 07-22-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Thanks, TB and everyone else. I finally posted what's been going on in whiners - another novella, so will not repost here.

I'm enjoying time on the deck with the cats, though could smack Tiger as he eats grass then throws up on the carpet. I couldn't get a good picture, but he was standing by the fence and a bright yellow butterfly was fluttering around his nose. He just watched it.

Love, hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-22-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Afternoon Hen House!

Yep! Day 16 here! Stacking here! Things will certainly improve the longer I'm off the meds! Time is my friend now. We are holding hands and walking together! No more pushing and pulling.

Amy: I read your long post. I had already figured with the little tidbits you've already posted this was what had you down. Did you bring your hoola hoop with you? Need to step back inside that sucker and get refocused again! I want to point out to you too! You are in a special place! You've got job skills caring for the elderly at home that is always going to be needed. It may not be the job you want, but it's a fall back job you can always rely on. Many others don't have that!

I just read an article earlier this morning where there are so many struggling to find a job. You've got an edge on them! Feel pride in yourself for the care you give families during these hard times.

I got a little taste of it while caring for dad before he passed. The day he did! Mom came out and grabbed me in a huge hug after I came out from dad's bedroom right before he passed after driving back home. She told me while hugging me tightly: "We did it! We got thru this together"! I said; "Yes mom we did"!

Have a good day everyone!

TOD
Old 07-22-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Thanks, TOD. yes, I have my hula hoop on as well as my big girl panties. It's the main reason I'm still clean and sober.

Bev wanted to downplay my current job, but I kept telling her that it seems almost everyone I talk to has a family member with dementia and they always tell me "I don't know how you do it". She finally realized that I do a job the majority of people can't do so we just made it more reflective of that.

I'm good at what I do, but I do it from the heart. I've never dealt with TWO people at opposite ends of the dementia spectrum. Mr. C will end up in a nursing home or die. Mrs. C may have a heart attack or stroke because she is in denial of her own dementia, refuses to take meds and is a control freak.

As soon as I get my resume where I want it, I am going to apply for every job I am remotely qualified for. A job will come, I just have to be patient. As my old AA friends used to tell me, "God didn't bring me this far to dump me on my head"

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-22-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Job Amy!

TOD
Old 07-22-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Did you know, bananas consistently are the number one compliant of grocery shoppers. Most people complain when bananas are overripe or even freckled. The fact is that spotted bananas are sweeter, with a sugar content of more than 20%, compared with 3% in a green banana.

TB
Old 07-22-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

What is this guy thinking? All he has to do is turn the car around. lol

TB
Old 07-22-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

(Amy) So happy to see you posting. I'm heading out the door to a meeting. Post more later.

Hugs
TB
Old 07-23-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Good morning HH

It was a nice day yesterday, not as hot as I expected. Nice sleeping weather last night hovering in the 60s. Today high in the 90s with high humidity.

(Amy) Whatever you are going through at this time in your life will pass. The future is what matters while the present is the journey there. Learn from your past and work to defeat it, do not let it weigh you down. You are not what you have done in the past, you are the person who emerged from it. You're amazing in your own way and no one can take that from you. Live life and cherish it. Just remember, I/we will hold your hand and Spirit. Forward we go.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 07-23-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
Can you believe Paul McCartney is 73 years old? And Ringo Star just turn 74.

Here is Paul with Billy Joel at Shea Stadium.

TB

Wow, TB, thanks so much for posting that!

I am still in love with Paul! lol
Old 07-23-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

(((Amy))) It must be really hard to apply for the job you really want , need and are so qualified for when you are taking care of two dementia patients. I think it would be nearly impossible to pursue other jobs in your present busy situation.

I think the right job will be available to you when you are available to look, apply, and interview for it. You are just so tied up right now.

It will happen. Sadly, there will always be those patients for you, but you may have to set aside serious time to look and apply. going personally to places always seems to be productive, even though most depend on the internet.

love and hugs and support for you, sweetie.