Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 56

Old 07-11-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
Well there's nothing like finding out if I'm able to handle things again like today!

My stepdaughter called a little bit ago. She's bringing the two boys here for me to watch. She thinks she's going into Labor. She's 5 1/2 months along. Her doctor is past our house in the opposite direction so it wouldn't do any good for me to come to her. She says she's able to drive and the doctor told her to get there ASAP.

TOD
After hours of waiting at the Hospital. She was seen for ten minutes. Baby's heart is fine and she has a UTI. All is well!

I ordered supper and paid for it for all of us. And the tail lights have disappeared down the driveway! Woot Woot

The four year old isn't no problem at all. The two year old! OMG! Kicking, screaming, fists shaking at me because he wasn't getting what he wanted while yelling at the same time, telling me I needed to leave the house and all else! I was ready to strap him in a chair!

TOD
Old 07-11-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

TOD - Glad stepdaughter and baby are fine. Now you know what I mean when I say someone is "throwing a 2-year-old temper tantrum" Pretty sad when it's an adult doing it.

Very busy day with the C's, but I'll catch that up on Whiners. Dad and Tinker are on their way to FL. He was upset Bratkin didn't call him back. Finally told him I think they are in KY, as her sperm donor posted about breaking his leg and she posted that she had a lousy signal up there.

He went into his "WTH are they doing up there, he already lost a week earlier this month" stuff. Told him I didn't know, it was none of my business and she probably didn't call him back because she knew he would start in on her. I told them it was between him and them, I'm staying out of it and I don't give them money. NMP.

Missing Jay, wish he would check in

Live - when I get a chance and my head is clearer, I will send you info dad passed on to me of a website for free Kindle books. He knew Bev has one, but was tickled to here that "my friend from my recovery board thing, that HE met, but I didn't when you gave me that laptop, also has one and is a voracious reader.

Remind me if I haven't pm'd you by Sunday as I still have one more day of work.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-11-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Hi all . I won't pretend like I'm caught up because I'm not, not at all, but just thought I should stop by...

Nothing new to report, I guess. Living as close to a "normal" life as I think I can ever get. It is a weird feeling...to be relatively content.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Jay!!! OMG, so glad to see you. Content is quite odd when you're not used to it but it grows on you.

I'm sitting on the deck, Sam is snuggled up against my leg, saved a little frog from Tiger, and Mots is in the doorway. Crickets, frogs and birds are making all kinds of noise.

I had a tough day, but if I can continue to work the hours I am, I can pay rent in another week and I am quite content

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-11-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Amy, sweet dreams are made of these!
Free books are what I need
To travel the world and personalities
I look forward to the magic key

Old 07-12-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

For you Chicory..hubby says it weighs a bit over four lbs. he also said a Light rye with cardamon ..caraway..
all that good stuff!
Attached Images
Old 07-12-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

((((jay)))). Contented is good! I am happy with contented.

(((((Amy)))). Much love

(((((Lauren)))). Beautiful bread. I would love a hunk, thick with butter.

(((((TB)))). (((((Live)))). ((((((norty)))). (((((chicory)))) (((((all hens)))) missing.

Our dear windysan has been on my mind for two days now, maybe longer. I wish he would check in.

love to all!

Lenina
Old 07-12-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good morning HH

Great sleeping weather last night, cool 60 degrees with low humidity. Today is going to be a hot one, high mid 80s with 100% humidity.

(TOD) Happy to hear mommy and baby are okay. Weight loss is not easy if you're not committed to it. Especially when one is committed to lose weight and the other is not. You need to be on the same page to support each other or it's going to be a heck of a mountain to climb.

(Amy) Now that you're on your own, you can look back and think, so glad I don't have to deal with this drama anymore. NMP.

(Jay) Everyone should feel content. Happy to hear everything is going good for you.

(Live) What kind of books do you like to read? In case I come across some in my travels.

(Lenina) Ain't they so adorable. Wink wink.

I'm not a big fish eater, but this look so good I couldn't help myself and ordered it.

Busy day today, after I change the cat litter and get my truck washed, I am off to hang out with the bros from my home group. There is a county fair the next town over, depending how bad the humidity is I might go.

Shout out to all the missing Hens and Housers.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 07-12-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

drool. To heck with my raisin bran, I want THAT and a big chunk of that bread!
Old 07-12-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

(((TB))). I have a very good fish recipe if you want it. It's called Spanish fish, easy and quick to make in one pan. Olive oil and butter, onions and garlic, small amount of tomato sauce, chopped tomatoes, chopped green olives (the secret, I think is the green olives) paprika, cayenne pepper (I liked Mexican chilli powder) black pepper until it all simmers and then top with the fish. Cover on low heat for about 10 minutes or so until fish flakes. It's yummy. I served it over pasta but rice or cous cous or even quinoa would be good too. Low calories too.

I'm so glad your out and about and enjoying life!

I'm having some fresh OJ with my chia seeds. And two hard boiled eggs.

(((Lauren))) your green house is lovely! My granny had a lathe house and a smaller green "room" she called it. I so remember the smells of good earth, plants and blooms.

Everyone have a good day! I'm working.

Love from Lenina
Old 07-12-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning Hen House!

Waking up to starting day 6. I had told Jethro back on day 1! It would be so grand if I could sleep for a week or two and have all this behind me. Done and over with when I woke up! He hugged me and told me I've done it before and I'll manage it this time too! And of course he's sooooo right!

One day at a time! Not one month at a time! Dang it! I was so worn out from keeping the kids yesterday that I slept better last night. Not a full night's sleep, but better! So I'm grateful for that. I must have slept in a goofy position because my lower back is taking dirty to me. Will need a lidocain patch after I get out of the shower. I've doubled up on the Advil to deal with the other aches and pains. And of course drinking more cactus juice to help with the ankle and knee pain!

I'm starving though! I ate a large salad stepdaughter picked up on her way home for me, but didn't eat any of the spaghetti! So I went to bed with an empty stomach. I'm feeling it this morning.

Heat factor here today is going to be 102! Next week we are supposed to get a cool down. Next Friday is supposed to be 71! I'll be ready for it! It's already 97 at 10:00 AM with 55% humidity. My keyboard is sticky from the humidity in here. Yuck!

My younger sister is turning 50 today! I sent her a card with a woman in her robe standing in front of a box fan with her robe open. It said; "You've always been hot. Just a little more these days"! LOL She'll get a kick out of it. Mom decided we will all meet at the chinese Restaurant we introduced her to back when she was living with us. She has fallen in love with this place. LOL Dad didn't like chinese food and so she didn't get many chances to eat at a chinese restaurant. She's making up for lost time now though!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

TOD
Old 07-12-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Lenina - that fish recipe sounds good!

Morning shift was pretty good. Mr. C ate 4 bananas over the night, blood sugar was a little high, but he said "some man, can't remember his name, but he came and ate all my bananas!!! Gotta love the gremlins who mess with the TV and eat bananas

M was next door, training a dog, then she and her son came over. We took part of a plant that Mrs. C has for M, took me, M, and son to get it out. M's sister has one and it reaches to the 2nd floor!!! M's daughter, one of my adopted niece's, may come over tonight and cook dinner and she wants to see what I do with the C's.

Sam is eating again, so I feel better. Just talked to dad and he's on his way back from FL. He's going to take Tinker to the vet on Monday. She's not hardly eating and I think she is overwhelmed with losses and all the work that's been done on the house. My bed, and the fact I came home every night, was her safe place. I won't feel guilty for leaving, but did give dad some things not to ask the vet about.

Feeling quite content. Car is full of gas, went to the grocery store and can pay bills and order checks to pay some on the rent. Will pay the rest off next week. Sam is asleep between my feet, head curled up into a shoe, Mots is laying on the deck, and I have to go find Tiger, who is exploring the yard.

I can't remember if I mentioned it, but I told M of my past. Being a cop, she laughed when I told her "I used to RUN from people like you!!" It didn't affect our relationship one bit and I love that. Recovery is an awesome thing

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-12-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Did you know Humidity is something we hear about daily in weather reports. Humidity is to blame for that muggy, steam-room feeling you experience on certain summer days.

Humidity can be measured in several ways, but relative humidity is the most common. In order to understand relative humidity, it is helpful to first understand absolute humidity. Absolute humidity is the mass of water vapor divided by the mass of dry air in a volume of air at a given temperature. The hotter the air is, the more water it can contain.

Relative humidity is the ratio of the current absolute humidity to the highest possible absolute humidity (which depends on the current air temperature). A reading of 100 percent relative humidity means that the air is totally saturated with water vapor and cannot hold any more, creatin*g the possibility of rain. This doesn't mean that the relative humidity must be 100 percent in order for it to rain -- it must be 100 percent where the clouds are forming, but the relative humidity near the ground could be much less.

Humans are very sensitive to humidity, as the skin relies on the air to get rid of moisture. The process of sweating is your body's attempt to keep cool and maintain its current temperature. If the air is at 100-percent relative humidity, sweat will not evaporate into the air. As a result, we feel much hotter than the actual temperature when the relative humidity is high. If the relative humidity is low, we can feel much cooler than the actual temperature because our sweat evaporates easily, cooling us off. For example, if the air temperature is 75 degrees Fahrenheit (24 degrees Celsius) and the relative humidity is zero percent, the air temperature feels like 69 degrees Fahrenheit (21 C) to our bodies. If the air temperature is 75 degrees Fahrenheit (24 C) and the relative humidity is 100 percent, we feel like it's 80 degrees (27 C) out.

People tend to feel most comfortable at a relative humidity of about 45 percent. Humidifiers and dehumidifiers help to keep indoor humidity at a comfortable level.

TB
Old 07-12-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Interesting Tb, where I live in Alberta, we are at approx. 3450 above sea level.
The average in winter for humidity is 55% and summer is 45%..We have extreme
lows in the evenings .. anywhere up to 25 degrees lower( temps. in F)..sometimes more so.
We average in the high 60's and mid 70's..this week 80's..summer time temps. (unusual) for us.
We have 117 frost free days ..we dry rot here...we pump humidity into our homes.
Good trivia..thanks..it made me look up our area to get some stats. The only place
so far that doesn't make me uncomfortable with humidity is Hawaii. The breeze is
constant and feels just right! I would love to go..alas cannot..insurance to go is
beyond my pocket book. It is still a nice dream though...
Old 07-12-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Our humidity is only 45 now, but will be 88 by the morning Forgot to mention that I loved the pics, Lauren and TB!!! That bread looks most amazing.

Easy night at the C's, granddaughter was over and showed me pics from the fishing trip with her dad and brother. Had a video of a dolphin that was following the boat and eating the fish they had to throw back.

About to head out to snuggle with Sam and let the other 2 have a little outside time. I am OFF tomorrow and have much to do, but really hope I can sleep late.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-12-2014, 11:36 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Love to everyone in the HH ~ too tired and emotional to make much sense right now.

Why is it that such a hard day's work can mess with my emotions so badly?
I just want to cry....

Hmmm....this isn't anything to do with the hard work. This is a broken heart that I am not yet talking about. Maybe a bit of both.

But I am keeping up with everyone, and please know I love you all.

You are doing so very well TOD. ♥

Love V xx
Old 07-13-2014, 01:14 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

(((((((Venus)))))))))) I am sorry you are hurting so. how about some comfort food, a warm bath and a good movie. I know it doesn't fix things but it could be a reprieve.

TB, Thanks for the info, I have often heard people mention the humidity but never understood how it effects our bodies.

Amy sent me free book links. I love it tho it is not conducive to me getting much done today.

(((((Chicory)))))

Jay, your post brought me a big smile!

Glad you feel better too TOD.

So nice hearing from you, Lauren!

(((Lenina))))

norty, always in our thoughts.

love to all,
T
Old 07-13-2014, 01:19 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

(((((Live)))))

Sending you warm hugs back sweet one; I know you are not having an easy time yourself right now.
I have a zillion e-books I can share with you, and a lot of love.

V xx
Old 07-13-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Good morning HH

Hot and sticky last night, hovering in the 70s. Today another hot and sticky day, high 80's.

(Amy) I'm glad the furbabies are doing fine and Sam is eating. Poor Tinka, he's been through so much, I hope the vet gives him a clean bill of health and it's just a lonely heart.

(TOD) Today is day seven right? Good for you, way to go. I love Chinese food. In my teens, whenever I used to take a girl on a first date I would to take them to my favorite Chinese restaurant. What was so special about this Chinese restaurant, not only was the food good, but believe it or not, the restaurant was on the second floor. You actually had to walk up a flight of stairs to go into the restaurant.

(Venus) I was blind and heart broken and didn't want to do anything and my friend burst into my room and shouted, I have wonderful news, and I was like, I don't really want to hear wonderful news right now, and my friend said, this is wonderful news you want to hear, and I asked him, fine, what is it? and he said, you are going to live a good and long life filled with great and incredible moments that you cannot even imagine YET.

(lauren) That bread looks so yummy. I can take a chunk of it right now, and dip it in my favorite spaghetti sauce.

(Lenina) Thank you for the recipe. The reason I am not a big fish eater, I don't take raw fish smell that well. Now, fry me some flounder with plenty of tartar sauce on the side, I'm good to go. Another of my favorite is, breaded fried shrimps. I can eat them by the dozens.

(Live) I wish I had your passion when it comes to reading books.

(chicory) Hugs dear friend.

So instead of going to the feast, I ended up going to a barbecue at a friends house. Playing cards and dominoes all night. The campground is full to the till, there is people all over the place. Everyone is barbecuing have a great time, the pool is full with the little ones and their parents, and so far everyone is behaving themselves.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 07-13-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Did you know, the 3 Musketeers bar was originally split into three pieces with three different flavors: vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. When the other flavors became harder to come by during World War II, Mars decided to go all chocolate.

TB