Notices

A Newcomers Weekender Thread Nov 27

Old 11-28-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 521 (permalink)  

Sounds cool SP.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 522 (permalink)  
...holds the key

HAF....I like the way you clean out a freezer!

Sweet dreams Ken!

This is day two of being a hermit and I think it's taking it's toll. I feel down and blah. Not quite depressed but teetering on blue. I know Ive said this before, and I'm not going to do it, but it makes me want to call my ex. I honestly don't think I've ever felt lonely like this before....mainly cause I've never been single this long before....but maybe it has something to do with getting older and realizing this might be all there is??? Where's my Chris Farley DVD ?!?!
Old 11-28-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 523 (permalink)  

Thanks for the Yiayia cartoon Bim.
Yesterday was the first time I have been to the grave since the funeral. I couldn't bring myself to go before now.

Anyway I had a driving lesson today. He said I'm much better.

I hope you all have a nice night.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 524 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by petals View Post
don't think i will get chance to catch up, will just join in as and when i can.
x
That's perfect!!!! Catching up is not always needed. Just be here and say hello. Great to see you petals!!!
Old 11-28-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 525 (permalink)  

Quiet evening here. Some Bill Callahan to set the calm mood.

Old 11-28-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 526 (permalink)  

wow, you guy is been busy

they also call him Dee...
Old 11-28-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 527 (permalink)  

Hi evrybody. I ate half a chocolate cake! Oh well. Still happily sober. Hungergames about to begin. Have a nice evening evryone. Be sober and safe.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 528 (permalink)  

Well my sister got a few days work next week at the other end of the country, so things are looking up for both of us! My mom will be going with her for a break and I'm looking forward to the break too

My dad will be here with me, and today it really hit home how kind my dad is. Once a week he goes to visit my uncle. I don't know exactly what happened to him but he had some kind of breakdown when he was a young man and he has never been right since. (I think he was attacked or something and never got over it. Pity things like Speech and Language Therapy weren't available back then.) So my dad visits him and brings him to town to do his shopping etc. The neighbours and public health nurses are also very good. I was tired after my driving lesson and my uncle was telling stories we've heard lots of times before and my dad was listening and talking to him.

Sometimes I don't have patience and I feel bad about that. Then my uncle took €20 out of his pocket and gave it to me.

Sometimes I'm glad about what happened to me because I had to take a long hard look at myself, and I think I'm getting to be a better person. I hope so anyway.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 529 (permalink)  

Well. The Christmas tree has not, I repeat has not, assembled itself yet. And now it is dark, and I just want to go to bed. Tomorrow is last day of my little long weekend. Back to work on Monday. And you know how I feel about Mondays. DON'T get me started on Mondays!
Old 11-28-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 530 (permalink)  

I didn't have big plans for today, so I thought I'd catch up on reading this thread. That took most of the day. Gotta learn to keep up as we go.

Really good stuff though -- you guys are awesome! I appreciate all the posts on the "blah / meh" feeling in sobriety -- very good insights that were helpful to me.

After my "blah" phase Thurs night, I have cycled through sad and then joyous.

The sad was -- I said goodbye to a cat I had rescued 15 years ago. He hasn't lived with me the last few years -- I started travelling too much to take proper care of a cat, so he moved in with a good friend of mine. I still got to visit him, but he had a better life with my friend who works from home and could let him in and out of the house 97 times a day. She emailed me yesterday that he was failing fast ... hadn't eaten in a week, would only take a little milk. He hadn't been well all year, and he doesn't do well at the vet's (being homeless his first year of life, he was wary of humans). It was really time to go. I visited and said goodbye yesterday, and my friend had the vet come to her house to put him to sleep. He passed away peacefully on her lap. So that was sad, although it was peaceful at the end, and he'd had a good life. I cried but I also accept it, and am grateful he was in my life.

We had tickets to the opera last night, where I spent six hours. Yes, SIX hours, because Wagner. The music was absolutely sublime, and I was on the edge of my seat the whole six hours. I so much appreciated being sober for it. I remember years ago sleeping through the second half of an opera because I was hungover. Before sobriety I never could have stayed present and emotionally connected for six hours of intense art.

And it's only Saturday! What a weekend ...
Old 11-28-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 531 (permalink)  

I already had this ready to post when I saw that a calm mood was set...
rut roe rorge...

possibly the best lip-synch job I've ever seen... getting fired up to do "something useful" around here, had pie and ice cream - there was a big piece of pie left but nice guy that I am I cut it in half...
see you on round 2...

Old 11-28-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 532 (permalink)  

I would love to put up our tree but I know my mom will be going mad cleaning the house first, for the return of the "prodigal son"

I'm not sure about this Christmas. My parents used to cook Christmas dinner and we would bring it all to my Grandmothers, which was a big chore but Gran enjoyed having us there. There would be about 9 of us altogether.

This year will be our first Christmas in this house. I know my dad is looking forward to the change. My mother's sisters were never a barrel of laughs. I guess my brother will be with his in-laws but we will see them at some stage.

My mom thinks my brothers wife doesn't like her. I don't know if that's true, but there is definitely a wariness there. You know, an edge?

Happy families indeed.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 533 (permalink)  

Welcome to the newcomers -- Joe1987, abraxas, and others who hopped on board!
Old 11-28-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 534 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...27-pt-2-a.html