Notices

does anyone know about codeine

Old 06-08-2005, 06:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

does anyone know about codeine

Hi,

i'm jane.I'm 21.i don't know what to do actually coz i've been taking codeine for the last 5month.at first i used to take 2pills maximum in a week but from 3 month I started taking 10 pills of neo-codeon till from 4 days i took 15 and didnot feel anything.until now I thought that I can stop whenever i choose to do so but after the 15 pills I strted wondering and decided to quit.Things became very bad with body aches.so after 4 days I took again.I'm really confused I donn wanna stop but I'm so concerned.I have my final exams starting at 16th so i must study and couldnot handle the pain.Does anyone know about codeine
Old 06-08-2005, 07:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Lightbulb Hi and Welcome!

Jane...

SR has a special forum Drug Addiction. Look at the middle of the site. Please check it out.

Good to see you are looking for help.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
living clean and free

addiction

jane,
that is how addiction starts. My drug was hydrocodone (vicodine). I started taking them 10 years ago and it started at 2 pills a day and ended at over 40 pills a day not to mention financial ruins. Definately go to the addiction thread and educate yourself as much as possible.
Mike
Old 06-08-2005, 08:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Hello Jane

Welcome to SR you will find a lot of support and healing here.

I hurt my back in 1990 and started taking hydrocodone for pain. I took it as presscribed at 1st also. But it turned into a 20 pill a day addiction or more if I had them.

Now that I am clean & sober my pain is not as bad as it use to be.

Jane, Your addiction will only get worst. Save yourself alot of agony and seek help now.

Wishing you all the best. We are here if you need us.

Good luck on your exams.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, jane! We've met before I think. Remember? It was cocaine then. Now it's codeine. The pain you've experienced is the physical withdrawal from a highly addictive narcotic. It's a shame you started again after 4 days because you were probably over the worst of it. It usually lasts from 4 days to a week. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take the suggestions you've gotten on here before and get to a MEETING ASAP! It sounds like you have just switched drugs. To get clean, we really need help and it is available for free in NA. I hope you'll consider it. Take care and best wishes on your exams!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie

P.S. This is really weird that you posted today because I was thinking about you earlier TODAY!
Old 06-10-2005, 12:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

completely lost

hi eddie, u know i did what u suggested and actually ive went to meetings but I think it's useless unless Im really ready to give an effort and I cannot coz am tired.I'm graduating this semester and I went through hell to make it possible and my exams are within 10 days so how can I handle the withdrawl symptoms.The proble now is that I cannot stop for more than 2 days and with 8 pills at least and on other hand If i take i feel high so naturally I wont be able to concentrate.I know that I messed my life but what I'm doing is finding the best out of the worst or actually bearing the consequences with minimum losses.I hope I go on like without any problems coz till now i never witnessed bad things.Its a ******* hard thing
Old 06-10-2005, 12:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
No expectations!

(((((jane))))),
Could you talk to the doctor that you're getting the stuff from about helping you get off it? There are meds and things you can do to ease you through the withdrawals. I'm really proud of you for going to some meetings! That's great! I would encourage you, though, to KEEP going and to share what's going on with you. I know you are very shy, but you can get help IF you only ask for it.

Take care!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-11-2005, 12:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

donn know what to say....tramal

hi eddie it's been a while since I last wrote and thinkgs have been getting bad after some improvement.U know I was having codeine withdrawl symptoms but then even 12 pills or 15 pills of codeine didnot effect.I've been taking it for 7 months.i was actually all the time convinced that I can stop whenever i want but now that codeine lost its effect and I don't want to increase doses to 20 ,so i tried tramal but things dragged on as i've been taking daily 5 pills of tramal .i dont know how bad is it...........
Old 07-11-2005, 01:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hi Jane, well I hope you stick around here, and continue to get support.. It is not easy to go through all of this on your own.
Are the pain meds prescribed by a doctor?? Is there a reason you started taking them, for pain? Just wondering. because I am a pain killer addict, my drug of choice is pain killers. I have been clean for a little longer than 3 months. It is not easy to go off the meds. but it defintaely can be done. There are quite a few peple here on SR that have done it, gotten clean and found recovery from pain killers. So there is hope, you can do this.
Can you call around, and find out where the NA meetings are in your area, and attend some. That really helps to. Or a counselor, or treament center you can check into, so you can get help? There's usually a local crises line that you can call, they should be able to help you with some phone numers,
Well, I need to go, I keep falling asleep as I type this...
I hope you'll stick around ere, and get some support...
Love, Becky
Old 07-11-2005, 06:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by jane_668
i dont know how bad is it...........
((((jane)))),
I'm assuming you mean tramadol (Ultram). It's probably a little easier to het off of than the codeine, but still not easy. If you look up Ultram or tramadol here, you will find people are addicted to it, too. Please be honest with your doctor and let him/her help you get OFF this stuff. There are many ways to make the withdrawal much more bearable but you have to let your doc know what's really going on with you, OK? And going back to NA is a very good idea also. I think about you often, jane. I hope you decide to get clean of ALL drugs.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-15-2005, 02:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hey everyone........i'm still going to my doctor.he calls it therapy but I donn know what kind of therapy that u see a doc only once a week.anyways things didnot change much.i'm still taking tramdol 8 pills per day .the problem is that i'm not willing to give it a try to quit them.maybe becoz of the depression caused by the withdrawl.It is too severe and painful.I reached a pt were I felt sick of everything and just wanna die.thanks eddie for thinking of me .i jsut hate the whole situation.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
No expectations!

(((((jane))))),

You're welcome, of course! Actually once a week is fairly often. I only see my psychiatrist about once a month and my therapist twice a month. Are you on any antidepressants or anything? Maybe that could help you get off the tramadol. There are ways to make the withdrawal more bearable. Eight a day is not a whole lot. Maybe you could work out a tapering schedule with your doctor. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-20-2005, 12:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

hey everyone, hey eddie.u know I'm gonna meet my psychiatrist on thursday.i guess he's gonna give me something for the withdrawl.I'm also seeing my therapist regularly.i've decided to really stop this time.the problem was that I have a mentally ill mom.it's hard to grow up without a mom.that's why I cared for nothing and not even life and death issues meant anything for me.but i have 2 younger brothers 13 & 15 and I do want them to live a healthy life so what kind of life will they have if they have non mother and a bigger sis who's on drugs.that's why for them i have to stop cause if it was for me i wouldnot have tried to stop
Old 07-20-2005, 09:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by jane_668
it's hard to grow up without a mom.
(((((Jane))))),
I know what you mean. My mom was not there for me either. I basically had to take care of myself from the time I was a toddler. For the longest time, I didn't know how to ask for or accept help, but today I am learning. I know now that I need help and that it is available to me. The NA Program and the Steps have helped a great deal in this regard.

I am really glad you are seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist. That's great news. Let us know how things go, OK?

Love and s,
Eddie
Old 07-21-2005, 06:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

hi, u know something yesterday I saw my sister crying because of my drug use.so I decided to quit drugs.everything.I didnot use all yesterday and neither 2day.i donn know how things will end up.i'll just live each day by its time.yesterday i couldnot sleep except 2 hours.this thing bothered me a lot.I havenot yet felt any muscle pains which i know that I'm gonna feel.I donn know how I'll deal with all the withdrawl. I didnot take any thing for the withdrawl because i've been already taking 2much pills so i donn wanna add any new combination..............i'll just wait and see how things go on
Old 07-21-2005, 07:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Jane,
Honey, just hang in there. That is great that you stayed clean yesterday and that you have said that you won't use today. This is a big step.

By staying clean, you can get your life back. You have so much ahead of you.

We are here for you.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hi Jane, I just wanted to say hi, and let you know that I too can relate to not having a mom. My mom was also mentally ill, and she was gone from my life VERY often.
My mom had nervous breakdowns often, and was in the hospital very often. The doctor had her on so much medicine, that when she was home, she was not there for us kids, because it was all she could do just to survive through everyday.
I had a dad though, but my father was VERY mean, and he was always working and taking care of my mom.
So when I grew up my life was a mess. I did alot of things wrong. I got into alot of trouble. I think it was me screaming for help, and screaming for someone to love me, and take care of me. I envied kids who had a normal life, and mom who could be there, and cook supper, and do housework, and just be a mom to us kids.
But I loved my mom so much too. I was very protective of her, everyone in my family was very potective of her. I would let NO oNE say anything bad about my mom. I pretended often that I had a normal mom, to people who did not know, and I was very mean to kids and people who did know what my mom was like if they said anything about her.
But you know what? You are doing a very good job Jane, because I wanted to be loved so badly that I looked for love in ways that were very bad for me. I looked for it in guys, and got pregnant when I was 16. I also looked for acceptance by doing alot of drugs beginning when I was 9 years old. There was no childhood for me. I took care of myself and did the best I could for my brothers, just like you do. But i had a hard time doing that, because I was drunk, or chasing boys or high on drugs much of the time.
You are so much smarter than I am Jane, because it took me until I was about 32 years old before I got help for my drug problems. I did not trust anyone. And although I looked for love in very bad places, I never let anyone really love me. I was to afraid.

You are so smart to get help while you are younger. I wish I would have not waited until I was so much older to ask for help. I wasted my childhood and teenage years, and even soem of my adulthood in trouble.

Good for you, for getting help now. That is a really great thing you are doing for yourself and for the rest of your family. You are getting help at a much younger age. You still have alot of time to live a good, healthy life..

Please keep coming back, and letting us know how you are doing. We care about you too. I just wanted to share that with you, that I understand what it's like growing up with a mentally ill mom.

Love Becky
Old 07-21-2005, 02:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
No expectations!

((((jane)))),
Becky is so right! You are very fortunate and smart to be doing something about your problem while you're still young. I wasted decades using myself. Did you see the doctor today? I would really encourage you to work with a professional to get through the withdrawals. Ask your pharmacist about interactions if that's what's concerning you, OK? You don't have to suffer and risk using again, you know? I'm still keeping you in my prayers as always.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-29-2005, 12:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, thank you for listening and caring.I guess problems get easy when we talk about them and not ignore them.I had always believed that I have no problem with drugs and that whenever I want I can stop them but things went far out of control.My therapist say that I donn have to reach the bottom to know that I need help.I think he is right .u know after my last post I used for a day only and then I quit again.i donn feel bad for that coz at least i am trying .now i've been sober for 5 days.It was a week in hell but things at the end turned out ok.I couldnot sleep for the first 4 day.i 'm feeling so tired and depressed.I just spent my days sitting doing nothing because of the lack of energy but I guess I should keep focusing on tommorrow.It is something very hard and not just the the withdrawl but also the craving and the whole things makes it annoying.but i stll didnot use and that is something good at least for now.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:36 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
No expectations!

(((((jane))))),
That is AWESOME news! CONGRATULATIONS on 5 days! You should definitely be over the worst of it. It only gets better from here...IF you don't use again. Keep working with your doctor and therapist closely. You CAN stay clean a day at a time, OK? I'm always keeping you in my prayers!

Love and hugs,
Eddie