Notices

Stay Sober Weekender June 17th......

Old 06-19-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Enjoy just hanging out. It's horribly hot here today too.

But not like Phoenix. 122°? I think I won't move there
The hottest I've seen on my phone today is 120F (49C) .
As of 4:37pm local time is has cooled down to a chilly 118F (47.7C). Humidity is only 4%, so it's honestly not as horrible as it could be. I was driving around today with my windows down and my arm out the window and the hot air rushing by almost burned my hand. I guess that's why so many people come here in the winter and then skedaddle back north in April.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
I agree!!! Thank you Miss Olive!

I am happy to pinch hit for you, Weasel! Anytime!

Well, this day went by awfully fast!
Did a little weeding and planting, some chores around the house. Checked in on bunny. She is doing fine. Thanks everyone for the advice!
Except Brain.

I think its time to call it and watch useless television the rest of the evening.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Holy buckets, DesertDawg! (Very appropriate name today, I must add. )

Don't know how you're withstanding it. I experienced 113 degrees in Central Asia and thought I was a goner just being outside.

Take care of yourself!
Old 06-19-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

OK, Tetra, not to be indelicate but I just have to ask, in re: bunnies. What about the, uhm, bathrooming?

The former flame and I are going out for a while in a bit. Nothing datey, I think, but I do have to remind myself of the words I threw out not long ago about the circular path between the head and the heart. And keep my compass pointed to the head.

Have a nice evening, all. Enjoy useless television, Olive! It is a good Sunday evening pastime.
Old 06-19-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Evening Enders!
Tetra-Thanks for sharing that story! Its a great reminder!
Ruby-Got the "coffee correction", thanks!
Lunar-she looks less scary sans the eerie red glow. not a lot less but a little.
DesertDawg-holy sweat buckets.....
Old 06-19-2016, 05:32 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Home finally from the birthday marathon. Over 24 hours with guy friend, and it was really nice. No jerkiness whatsoever. We just hung out watching golf and baseball all day today. Then my son and I ate dinner at the supper club, and guy friend and my son talked about music. Very fun. I got a free dessert at the supper club - it's this amazing turtle brownie cakey thing - with gooey caramel and pecans. I had one last night, too. Couldn't eat it right after dinner, so I brought it home, along with vanilla ice cream. Letting dinner settle before having that. All in all, a very nice couple of days. Made nicer by the birthday wishes from all of you.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Lunar, do tarantulas like to be petted? I think I would like to pet its fuzzy round butt portion, it looks so soft! Any info you wanna give is good, bc I don't know anything about them! Mesa, I'm waiting for you to comment on fuzzy round butt portion, I know you!!

I did go water my garden, it's amazing what a little neglect will do- everything is going crazy with growth! There are hot peppers and little tomatoes showing, and the herbs went nuts. If anyone wants sage, parsley or purple basil, come by Chicago!

This growth and warm weather is the little trick the Midwest plays on us every year to erase our memories just enough so we don't all move away. As much as I love my home region, I would move somewhere in a heartbeat if I had a reason bc I'm tired of the winters. And this spring sucked.

I have the a/c on bc the house got too hot. It'll be nice to sleep in considering I'm going to have trouble sleeping anyway bc of my mega nap.

I need to take care of the rest of that potato chip chocolate bar.

That is all. That dessert sounds awesome, Marty.

Xoxo
Old 06-19-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

It was pretty amazing. Yesterday and today. I need to stop eating like I did the past two days. I went a little nuts. But it was all so good!
Old 06-19-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Happy birthday marty!!!
Old 06-19-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Happy birthday MLD!!
Old 06-19-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Home finally from the birthday marathon. Over 24 hours with guy friend, and it was really nice. No jerkiness whatsoever. We just hung out watching golf and baseball all day today. Then my son and I ate dinner at the supper club, and guy friend and my son talked about music. Very fun. I got a free dessert at the supper club - it's this amazing turtle brownie cakey thing - with gooey caramel and pecans. I had one last night, too. Couldn't eat it right after dinner, so I brought it home, along with vanilla ice cream. Letting dinner settle before having that. All in all, a very nice couple of days. Made nicer by the birthday wishes from all of you.
This sounds so great- I'm so happy you had a good time! Xoxoxo
Old 06-19-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Chocolate covered potato chips!!!...one of the greatest inventions ever! Xo

Lunar, your spider is so pretty and exotic looking! I always wanted an exotic pet but I don't even have a regular pet so I better take baby steps! I lived with a guy once that had an albino Burmese Python that had it's own room! It was huge and would slither around the house on weekends! So cool! Anyway...that was my one and only brush with exotic pets and I was only a step mom.

Wonderful family get together this afternoon! I was so busy with my little guy I didnt have time for desert (Apple pie with streusel topping) so I'm having a handful of m&m's now that he's tucked in for the night (at least I hope it's for the night lol!). He'll have to go to daycare tomorrow and I'm not quite clear on the snack situation there. I usually give him fruit and yogurt for snack time but not sure if they just expect finger foods they can feed themselves. Maybe graham crackers and Cheerios ?? I just don't want him to get hungry. Anyway...that's my evening dilemma lol!
Old 06-19-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Marty, you deserved a few days of decadence!! Xo
Old 06-19-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi middy!
Xo
Old 06-19-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

I'm in Atlanta- I'm an idiot x 2

First I noticed my rental car needed to be back today instead of tomorrow- so I hung out in roanoke this afternoon for a bit before I had to get my car rental back by 8 pm.

If I didn't get back in time I'd be charged a late fee and for an extra day- as every knows- I'm on a tight budget and have been restricting myself to walmart salads and $20 a day for the last 4 days.
Sooooo, I get to atlanta airport with 15 mins to spare ( after being on the move for 14 hours straight from pensacola- I took back roads again which took forever)
Got lost in atlanta- total panic, almost in tears as usual on my "vacations"

Drop the car off.
I log into my bank to see how much money I have to spare for a hotel tonight- if not enough I was just gonna sleep at the airport ( nothing new)
Anyway, I noticed my visa has an additional $550 on it.
How did I miss that? Haha

Anyway got a room- safe and sound
Old 06-19-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

- 'Oh Atlanta' ~ Little Feat ~ Live -
Old 06-19-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

As an aside: I think I hate Atlanta- I keep getting stuck in very bad neighbourhoods here.

The first day I was here I told you all what happened.

Then today I thought it would be smart to check into a hotel, drop my stuff off, then drop my car off and just make my way back to the hotel- makes sense right; then I wouldn't have to carry anything.

So I'm driving down the interstate- two exits from the airport I pull off because I see motel sign advertising $40 a night.
Sweeeet, so I take the exit and check into the motel- its rundown; but whatever.
As I'm throwing my stuff from the car into the room I'm looking at the other hotel guests and they are SUPER dodgy- like scary, and watching me.
I tell myself it's only one night- whatever.

So I get my stuff into the room- quickly get back in the car to make my way to drop the car off- I need to fill it up with gas so I stop at a gas station.
It's prepay and the people in the neighbourhood are scary- like really scary
( keep in mind I'm friends with convicted murderers, my old friends are coke heads and I used to see a hells angel- it's not like I get sketched out easily)
These people were just scary.

As I'm in the gas station I ask the clerk behind his glass wall "is this a really bad neighbourhood?"
He said " yeah, get your gas and leave- seriously"
I said " but I checked into that motel across the street- is it really that bad, will I be ok there?"
He said " no, go back and get a refund, don't stay here I mean it"

So now I'm totally freaked out.
I go back to the motel ( as the clock is ticking on my car rental return) and ask to leave.
I told her I was scared to stay in this neighbourhood- she said it was ok and gave me my money back.

Then some really creepy guy that worked there asked why I was leaving- I told him I wanted to stay at a place with an airport shuttle- he said " I'll drive you tomorrow"
Omg! If I got in a car with that guy I'd end up in a ditch!
I said no- then he got mad and stormed off!

Anyway- I'm at a nice airport hotel with a shuttle and free breakfast now so all is good.
Thanks to everyone for listening to my travel stories!
Old 06-19-2016, 07:16 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Roanoke tried to give me some cash too for the car so I could've stayed, I just didn't want to take his money.
I should've haha.
I've taken enough free things from men on this trip- I was starting to feel bad!
Lesson learned - just take it
Old 06-19-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Mesa! Thank you for supplying a soundtrack for my trip haha! I love it!
Old 06-19-2016, 07:30 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Hi All,
I didn't make it through the weekend.
Want to be open and honest, cracked at a gig on Saturday.

But I look forward to joining all of you next weekend!

Thanks for the support!