Notices

Stay Sober Weekender June 17th......

Old 06-20-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I guess Ruby wins the where's trach game.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Lmao too. Thanks!
Old 06-20-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Home

The global anti Saoutchik conspiracy is in full swing - the day my foreign holiday ends the pound has is biggest one day rise in 7 years.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Glad you made it home safe sao
Old 06-20-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  
...holds the key

(((Marty, SU, Ruby)))
Xo
Old 06-20-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

The global anti Saoutchik conspiracy is in full swing - the day my foreign holiday ends the pound has is biggest one day rise in 7 years.
Lots more fun due on the markets this week Sao , all the accounts on margin from brokers / spread companies have put the deposit on margin up 6 fold*..

Looks too crazy to judge from where i sit Sao . It's one of those times when the big houses will turn off the algos hedge up and sit on their hands . I'll just keep on with the buying and forgetting trackers in the ISA as it helps me sleep.

m
Old 06-20-2016, 01:20 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Old 06-20-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
OK, Tetra, not to be indelicate but I just have to ask, in re: bunnies. What about the, uhm, bathrooming?
I just put a box lined with old newspaper and filled with sawdust in the hutch. I pick up boxes from the supermarket when I go there. I change the sawdust every day and I give her a new box every week

My dad did a deal with a local farmer that he can keep his sheep on my parents land and in exchange he cuts the grass for my dad and does a few little jobs for him every so often. My dad was outside with bunny one day when the "stand off" began between bunny and the lambs. Bunny kept thumping her back legs as if to say 'this is MY property' and then every so often she made a dart towards them and they would jump back. He said it was so funny, so I can see how this video might be possible...this is an oldie but goodie I hope you can all see it.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:42 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sao I was laughing hard at that I can imagine

Goodnight San Diego .. Stay classy
Old 06-20-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Today I managed to get through to someone from Finance and they informed me that I will be paid this Thursday, not Thursday 30th like I thought...yay!!! Although how much I will get I do not know as my sister told me at the weekend that if I don't call Revenue and explain, they will put me on Emergency tax which could be like 40 %. So I called revenue and explained. She said it would take 48 hours to put it through and I might be on emergency tax this month, if payroll have my wage slip done in advance. So we will see on Thurday I guess. The finance guy told me even if I am on emergency tax, it won't be a big deal this month as I will still be granted all my allowances. He said "next month is when they will start to rob you"...sigh.

Look at me being all grown up and worrying about rent and taxes hahaha. I never would have believed it even a few months ago. Actually it might be nice to be bank living in town. I can see friends, have friends over, do the things I used to enjoy doing like the cinema/theatre etc.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Yes, I have had a sheltered life at my parents.
It will be good for me to stand on my own two feet.

Today someone was asking me "why didn't you type the clinic letters from the 24th May?" I just said "I wasn't aware that I had to type those. I wasn't even working here then". She backed off. My other colleague said "yeah and anything Tetra has done is extremely watertight".

In days gone by I would have apologised for not being a mind-reader.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in!
At the airport waiting to board in an hour!
Going home!
I fell madly in love with the south, but it's nice to go home.

And typical of me I'll be heading straight over to one of my boyfriends house when I get home tonight haha

I hope you feel better marty- just be you and do whatever you feel is right for you- even if it seems wrong to other people xoxo
Old 06-20-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

My best friend will be in my city from LA next week too! Yaaaaay!

Then the week after that the airforce pilot is coming to stay with me for 3 days!
Fun summer so far!
Old 06-20-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Hi, all --

Hope that there is some relief in store for Marty, SUID and Ruby -- and anyone else feeling pressure or blue.

Guess what, gang? I am being sued!

OK, not really. From the moment I got my mobile account -- March or April of 2009 -- I've received calls from collection agencies, seeking someone else. Literally hundreds of calls since then. Tapered off for a bit a year ago, and then has been ramping up again, only with a different first name. This woman must be a world-champion deadbeat.

Today, the call was to let me know "I" am being served but the firm needs the address where to serve me. I called back and explained the situation. The woman I spoke to actually was more helpful than the countless ones I've spoken to over the years but I'm still not sure what, if anything, I can do to stop this forever. I tried the attorney general's office once, just to ask where I might find some resolution, and was basically told to go fly a kite. This woman hasn't left much of a footprint online.

I suppose it could be worse. My identity has never been stolen. But man, the annoyance.

Didn't sleep particularly well last night but my mind isn't racing. I'm OK.

Tetra, thanks for the wabbit info.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Evening all. Happy summer solistice.

Lots of adulting done today. A fine stir fry for dinner followed by Game of Thrones. An epic episode.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I do feel better. I put my finger on a few things that were bothering me and have a plan for action. And I came home from work and mowed the lawn. Doing something somewhat physical that shows immediate results is nice. Time to make a quick dinner now. Spaghetti.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:03 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post

MesaMate's HS Principal used to drag her in circa '78, and demand to know when we were getting Married so as to stave off Community Complaints. Meanwhile, the Driver's Ed Teacher was driving underage Girls out to Back Roads to see 'how badly' they wanted to pass his Class. A: pretty badly. The Married Bank Prez was shagging his Secretary on the side while joining in the clamor against our then-Alt Lifestyle in Cow Town Colorado. This Upstanding Citizen, and his Wife, crashed our Wedding and Reception; despite not being invited. 'Etiquette is overrated' ~ Me
Happy Anniversary, MesaMan and MesaMate!

No surprises in your account of life in a school district. My parents were teachers, both deeply respected to this day, I might add. When lil' Venecia arrived, Mom went back to teaching three months later and big-time pressure was applied for my mother to resign because there shouldn't be a husband and wife on the public payroll. She refused, much to exasperation that the lil' lady didn't know her place. At home, with me.

Later, she led an effort for female teachers to be able to wear pants, especially since they were expected to sheriff the playgrounds during recess, including when temps were frigid. The superintendent was *awful* to her. He later had to resign after he and the home ec teacher were discovered in an affair. Replaced by another super, one who also had a problem with women who were willing to stand up for their rights in the workplace. Total bastid. Turns out he had a problem with women in general, as we learned when his wife ended up in ICU after a beating he administered.

Mom was recently honored as distinguished retired teacher for her long service to the district. I don't think many remember the names of the disgraced former superintendents.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Sheesh Venecia!

That Scammer using your Mobile Number is really a beat! Obviously.

All I can think of is a carefully-crafted, pre-emptive Voicemail:

'Hello. You've reached *Venecia*. Friends or Family, please leave a Message after the Tone. All other Callers, including those looking for a Scammer who does not pay her Bills, and uses this number, please hang up. Take this number off your Call List, since I will not be accepting or returning such Calls.'

Mebbe this, along with 100% Call Screening from your Caller ID Screen, would help.

A Family Member by Marriage is a Scam Sleazoid. He's used our Contact Info on new Credit Cards, which he gets and never pays off. Much to the amazement of Collection Agents, I would tell them exactly where he was. A much different situation than your's.

Thanks for your School-related Story. One Classic was when a HS Student/Wrestling Star ran up beside MesaMate jogging on the Track in the '80s. Gave her 'bouncing bits' a bit ole squeeze. Not once, but twice. When she reported it, the Principal said 'Oh, Boys will be Boys'. The 'Kid' was a Wrestling Star, so we couldn't be busting his Chops, and have the Team not take State, eh? I kinda recall that he got busted later in Life for Sexual Assault. A Slow Learner...
Old 06-20-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

It's official! Tonight's Mom is already funnier than anything else out there.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I haven't watched it yet. But I've heard good things.