Notices

Stay Sober Weekender June 17th......

Old 06-19-2016, 09:07 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry Sao was you rooting for that team ?

Hope you have had a lovely birthday Marty xxx

ROFL @ that picture Brynn
Old 06-19-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Lol!Brynn Agent Orange

I wasn't supporting Toyota Soberwolf but I just felt their pain - 23 hrs and 57 minutes everything goes perfectly and then goodnight Vienna. So near yet so far

Tired now - we will have our last dinner soon and then I will go to bed
Old 06-19-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Very funny brynn....made me laugh out loud
Old 06-19-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Wow Olive, I just checked in and read your theme. Thank you!

I keep a notebook of really insightful and helpful posts and your weekender theme is going in right now. Thank you again! -
Old 06-19-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Can't believe it's mid June and it's comfortable enough to sit on the porch! 88 but super low humidity! Finally a good hair day maybe lol!

Hummingbirds at the feeder right now yay! Lots of other birds out today too...woodpeckers, cardinals, titmouse, sparrows, chickadees and a bunch I'm not sure about!
Old 06-19-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Haha hahaha ... brynn said tit.

Sorry, it's one of those days.
Old 06-19-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
Just got home from an early morning motorcycle ride with the hubs! Perfect weather for it! Boys n there toys
Hey Simplicity, I didn't know you're into bikes.... I've got a couple myself but haven't been out much as it kept me from you know what.
I blew off the dust today and it started up first time. Will take it out this week, much better than getting wasted!!!

This weekend for the first time in nearly 5 years we didn't have any alcohol at home whatsoever. Even my OH didn't have his 'usual'. Brilliant!

Thanks everyone for a great weekender threat. Absolutely love it SR
Old 06-19-2016, 11:12 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Funny, Brynn!

My cousin in The Woodlands went to see that man the other night and made several posts on FB. Let's just say I bit my tongue and posted nothing.

Marty, thought of you today when I ran a few errands and found myself in the midst of many of the cars on Snelling. It was like being in the Twilight Zone -- flashing back many decades.

All my best to the fathers here, though I know it was last week in some of the European nations. Oh, what I wouldn't give for one more cup of coffee, one more chance to see Dad puttering around in his workshop. But I have so much for which to be grateful.

Steamier and steamier here. Am headed to the photo shop to download some favorite pics and have them enlarged.
Old 06-19-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Happy Father's day everyone. I'm playing"kid" again and sitting in the back seat of my dad's car as we drive to Indiana to see my grandfather. No one else wanted to go. I already had a mocha frappe from McDonald's.

Simplicity, I got the coffee name wrong. Cafe Verona, not Venezia.

We drove through Gary, Indiana on the way. So sad to see how decayed it is.

I left my son at home with husband. Daughter still with mother in law. Kids still have two more days of school.

Marty, happy birthday! Glad your dinner was good. Enjoy just hanging out. It's horribly hot here today too.

But not like Phoenix. 122°? I think I won't move there
Old 06-19-2016, 12:17 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Happy Birthday Marty!!!

Just woke from a deep afternoon nap. Oh boy. When I say deep. That does not happen all that often. Need to get moving.

Cooking on the Stevens indoor grill tonight.

Looking forward to work tomorrow. Lots to do.

K
Old 06-19-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Do your best

I can imagine thier anguish Sao

Brynn reading about you & the birds you see is awesome makes me happy too we refilled all the feeders yesterday & today I bought a new feeder for the nyjer seeds as the seeds are tiny and too much comes out in the regular feeder

Glad you had a deep rest Ken they are lovely when they happen
Old 06-19-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
Oh, and I have volunteered to check in on the neighbors old rabbit for the next week. Having never taken care of a rabbit before, any helpful tips would be much appreciated (Tetra )

Be well Sober people!!!
Bunnies make surprisingly good pets and are completely adorable

Actually they are quite sociable creatures but we did have to leave her alone for a night or two when my brother was getting married. We left out enough food, hay and water and she was fine.

Generally their cycles are the opposite of ours. She gets excited at first light and starts banging the bowl against the gate. My mom gets up around 6:30 and lets her out. She will stand still for a rub and a "morning greeting" and my mom will give her a piece of apple which she devours. If its a sunny morning my mom lets her outside for a run around. She likes it when the back door is left open and she can run inside if there is "danger" - the shrieking birds for example. My dad gets up then and has a cup of tea outside with her, then they will come in, my parents have their oatmeal and chat, she has her "muesli" and she will lie on the mat and listen to the chat. Someone will clean out her box as she does like a clean box.

She snoozes then in the afternoon on the mat in the living room while my mom is watching tv. In the evening my dad gives her the green stalk of a carrot and she will sit and watch us reading/watching tv or whatever. She gets excited when I put her to bed but often I put a tiny scoop of food in her dish and she goes to the hutch quite easily.

So you'll be fine as long as s/he has water, food, hay and a bit of human contact each day!
Old 06-19-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Imagine tomorrow is the longest day of the year. Time goes so fast.

Here is a nice article:

Summer solstice 2016: When is the longest day of the year and why is it significant?
Old 06-19-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

I cannot tell you how damn good the food is when cooked on my new Stevens indoor BBQ grill. No No I am not a paid spokesman. But I love it. Everything cooks like on an outdoor grill. Glad to be finally able to get this flavor when I cannot have the real thing outside.

OK... Watching MDLNY.. Anyone else watch that? Love it...

K
Old 06-19-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

I read this story tonight:

A man found an eagle's egg and put it in a nest of a barnyard hen. The eaglet hatched with the brood of chicks and grew up with them.
All his life the eagle did what the barnyard chicks did, thinking he was a barnyard chicken. He scratched the earth for worms and insects. He clucked and cackled. And he would thrash his wings and fly a few feet into the air.
Years passed and the eagle grew very old. One day he saw a magnificent bird above him in the cloudless sky. It glided in graceful majesty among the powerful wind currents, with scarcely a beat of its strong golden wings.
The old eagle looked up in awe. "Who's that?" he asked. "That's the eagle, the king of the birds", said his neighbour. "He belongs to the sky. We belong to the earth - we're chickens". So the eagle lived and died a chicken, for that's what he thought he was.

I share this story because each of us is the golden eagle and each of us deserves a good life. The biggest obstacle to achieving success is our own self-limiting beliefs.
Old 06-19-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Wow Olive, I just checked in and read your theme. Thank you!

I keep a notebook of really insightful and helpful posts and your weekender theme is going in right now. Thank you again! -
I agree!!! Thank you Miss Olive!

Good to see you here Bandicoot!
Old 06-19-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Ken,

Are you going to be able to sleep after your mega nap? The same thing happened to me today. I thought I was having a light snooze and then boom, a a couple hours went by and there was deep dreaming and errthang...

So I am thinking chamomile tea later tonight may be necessary.

I'm just shaking it off now. I was dreaming about food so I ordered some and I'm waiting for it. Nibbling on a milk chocolate bar that has potato chips in it. It's wonderful.

I never did make it over to my garden today to water. I suppose I could run over there now.

And then I'm gonna start the new season of OITNB before I hit a night aa meeting.

A very chill day. I ordered my dad an excellent Father's Day gift and I want to know if he's home from traveling and received it. It's an oversized beer mug with the word DAD engraved on it, and then it says est for established and has me and my sister's birthdays engraved on it. It looks so cool! He can keep it in the freezer for his iced lattes or root beers or whatever.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Evening all,

Had a very chilled day. Raining all day. Took a long nap in the afternoon. Made a roast for dinner. Watching Mr Robot at the moment. Also watched Deadpool when Mrs B went to bed. Feel like I needed a slow Sunday.

Happy Birthday MLD.

I hope everyone is keeping well in your part of the world.

B
Old 06-19-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Maybe I should have taken a nap today. I've been feeling blah this evening. Just finished eating a bowl of ice cream hoping that will help.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

She's become quite docile,
since her last rehousing.
Healthy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
COCHISE_061916_A_SRTEST1.JPG (89.6 KB, 33 views)