Notices

Can you hear it – Weekender Thread - Sept 12 -14

Old 09-14-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Jim Croce now that's how you do a stache!!!
Old 09-14-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Thought I'd share this. The album cover photo was taken just down the road from me. I've seen it, but it is no longer there. There is an interesting side story to the diner itself.
Interestingly, the movie "The Blob" was also filmed near here and I've eaten many times at the very same diner used in the film - not same as album cover. It was demolished just a few years ago for a modern building. There is a countless number of these old prefab diners in this area, many 60+ years old still working. Some you can still get breakfast for 2 bucks.
The Story of the The Abandoned Luncheonette, AKA the Rosedale Diner | Diner Hotline Weblog

Hope that wasn't too boring. But I'm bored out of my skull today.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Congratulations midnightbleu on your 700!

Lbrain the new Avatar is cool and creepy and the same time.

Hope everyone is doing good, weekend almost over for me, feeling great with my accomplishments around the house.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Congratulations, MB!
Old 09-14-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

All right folks! Let's bring it home! Sober Sunday evening before work. No problem. We got this. Right?

Ok that was purely to kick me in the butt! Selfish me.

I hope you found this weekend to be a good one. Did you hear that voice? Did you tell it to go to .....

Lots a fun this weekend. You all are great to spend some time with. Thank you!

Settling in for more of the killing. Love love love this show.

K
Old 09-14-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hey Weas hope your mood lifted and you close out the weekend on a high note. I hear the Killing is great so I think that one is next in my queue. Right now I'm hooked on The Blacklist. James Spader is, as usual, superb in it.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Circle The Wagons

Welp, I'm as impressed as the next Guy with the Metaphor of 'Circling The Wagons' via supportive Folks here. As mentioned early on in this kewl Thread... But, boy, it's tough to find something Family Friendly to post! Lawd knows, anything from my favorite 'Blazing Saddles' is out.

So, here's a lil 'Spaghetti Western' Music and a Pic of our 'Neighbors' in W. Colorado. The distant Mountains are ~25 million year-old Volcanoes.

Music Video Link

Westerns Music

-----
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Buffalo_750.jpg (74.4 KB, 45 views)
Old 09-14-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Thanks oldself... I will look for that once I finish the killing.

And speaking of the killing... Every time you post now and I look at that avatar it kills me! Airbrushed bacon.

And thanks .... I am feeling better. A half pound of pasta with sausage will do that to you.

Great pics MM
Old 09-14-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Hey guys...

Made it through my first weekend without booze in a LONG time. Feeling properly relaxed and ready for a week of work...No dragging myself in tomorrow with the weight of three hangovers on my back.

Bought a bike, cycled, watched a film, cooked a roast dinner, hit the gym, went clothes shopping...

Beats sitting in a bar alone...

To the week ahead fellow-SR'ers!
Old 09-14-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Been one hell of a bus caravan this weekend thanks for the laughs!!!
Better days ahead weas!!!
Old 09-14-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Big congrats CL!!!! Keep that momentum going!

And I caught that ((((IM))))
Old 09-14-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

welp, the jokes over, I couldn't stand seeing myself as Homey The Clown any longer, Brain Don't Do Dat!

MB has made 700 days this weekend. Cool. And too much more for me to remember. I made a quick stir fry, no wok, just a big pan. My boss woke up and discovered I did absolutely NOTHING today but rest and she gave me that 'what's for dinner' look. I discovered some very nice green beans in the yard and with carrots, broccoli, peppers and some shrimp etc. I made a rice and put some chia seeds in with the rice.
So I did one thing today. I'll look into foam rollers. Meanwhile I'll use the method a pain management nurse showed me for my back 8 months ago. It involves a chair and pillows. I didn't think I would miss having the TV. Now that football season came back...
Good to see everyone is doing okay.
Maybe IM's idea of a costume theme can hang out there for halloween weekend. Maybe?
Old 09-14-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

congrats on your first real weekend in a long time closetlobster. You rock! Rocklobster?

Oh I almost forgot to mention Tetra - nice job this weekend. You go girl!

Last edited by LBrain; 09-14-2014 at 03:47 PM. Reason: tetra
Old 09-14-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Hi Ken - sorry to hear you were feeling depressed. Glad you're shaking it off. When depression kicks in and all else fails, just remember that you've got support here. AND you're SOBER! You are taking on this affliction with gusto and succeeding. On a very basic level, we all have that to hang on to...no matter how long we've been at it!

Got chilli on the stove here and some blue corn chips to go with it. Looking forward to watching some new episodes of Outlander and The Intruders. Also going to give Broadchurch a go. And Sunday Night Football, of course! Looking forward to getting back into the swing of a routine tomorrow. Not going to rush anything. One step at a time. Have a great night folks!
Old 09-14-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

What's going on with your profile pic Brian?? changing like the weather!!

Now that's a profile pic!!

In other news, my fantasy NFL team is bombing right now, you know when you had high hopes after the draft, but players just aren't living up to expectations!!
Old 09-14-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

PK - homey the clown was just too scary. Who could possibly take me seriously with that? A skull being filled with beer seems more appropriate and it also identifies my area of expertise.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Right on!!
Old 09-14-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Previously posted by LBrain
:

A skull being filled with beer seems more appropriate and it also identifies my area of expertise.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

Well, the weekend is winding down and this has been a lot of fun.

I decided to take a road trip today - the weather is cooler and I just felt like I had to do something different. I convinced my son to go with me and loaded Charlee in the back seat and off we went. We ended up out in eastern North Carolina at Pettigrew State Park. It's about 40 miles east of Nags Head. There a large lake at the park called Phelps Lake which is entirely dependent on rain water. It's very clear and a unique body of water. Unfortunately, my phone battery was low so when we took a short walk at the lake, I didn't take any pictures, but they have a campground there so we plan to go back and spend a Saturday night so we can explore more. Charlee did okay on the short walk we took and he loved riding in the car and sticking his nose out of the window. I did get a picture of him on the trip:

Hope the week goes well for everyone. Look forward to next weekend.

Last edited by charleesavedme; 09-14-2014 at 04:44 PM. Reason: grammar lol
Old 09-14-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

bimini - ho ho ho,

I had a flashback. In my boredom I went back and reread the story that explained the 'Abandoned Luncheonette' album cover (link in previous post). Really good story. Here's the flashback. About 20 years ago there was a weekend sobriety checkpoint on Rt 724 exactly where pizza world stood (there's a photo of it in the article). It was recently closed so the cops had a perfect spot/parking lot. I had to blow into a breathalyzer while seated in my car. That diner would have been directly to my right. I didn't get arrested, but I had to wait in that parking lot for almost three hours before the cops let me drive home. Another close call I got away with. Didn't think about it until I saw that photo just now.
I'm amazed at the number of times I drove when I had absolutely no business being behind the wheel. Something I never have to concern myself with ever again.