Notices

Class of April 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 05-19-2017, 01:04 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

Hey SF, I know depression well. I was first diagnosed at 14 but I believe I experienced it a lot sooner than that, maybe as early as 9. Maybe you could see someone now that you already have the job? Especially if this is something you've had a long time and isn't just a side effect of drinking or this roller coaster of emotions getting sober. Just a thought...
My new job is going ok. It's fun learning something new and I feel like I'm catching on ok. I'll be even happier when I get paid LOL. I'm so tired all the time though. Think I'll take a nap or just watch some tv until my little gets home from school. Take care y'all. Ttyl.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:31 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe speaking with your Dr could help SF? the solution doesn't always have to be medicine based?

D
Old 05-20-2017, 01:36 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Day 23, and still sober
Been a quiet Saturday here, and I still feel good.
Preparing for a weeks trip abroad to visit my girlfriend, i will leave on tuesday. Last time I visited I ruined the vacation getting way too drunk and missing my flight home as I fell alseep drunk in a bar. Feel so determined not to let that happen again, and to stay away from any alcohol on the vacation, so I can prove myself a good and worthy partner for my beloved. I have been so excited going to shops buying gifts for my GF and her parents and look forward to go there, just hope I didn't ruin their oponien of me being too drunk last time I was there, so I am very determined to show the best of myself and behave
Old 05-20-2017, 08:11 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

So Friday, I was at work and I felt so strange. I tried to figure out what was going on . Was I stressed. No actually, I felt kind of relaxed. No buzzing in the head, no slightly panicked feeling, no sense of urgency. Was I feeling anxious? No. Actually, come to think of it, I was feeling kind of calm. No worry, no fear, no obsessive thoughts. Was I sick? No actually, I felt well physically. No headaches, not tired, not nauseous. So what was this strange feeling? Then I figured it out. I felt content. I felt peaceful. I felt nice. Oh my goodness, I think I felt what sobriety really feels like! And it was soooo good! I want more of that strange feeling. So much more.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

I appreciate reading all your comments about what you are doing and staying strong! I was out of town the last couple days and old habits, places, memories all caused urges. Even coming back to town was normally a time to get a bottle and relax after the drive. Not going to happen. I'm on day36 and I'm not tossing it away! My emotions are not perfectly calm,but the don't have to be for me to stay sober. I'd love a bit of your contentment and peace Tertor, just isn't my turn yet! LOL!
Old 05-21-2017, 03:08 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

As for depression and meds, I will get my medical card renewed this month, if everything goes well, it is good for 2 yrs. I will go visit with my regular doctor about the depression after that.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

Are you guys tired a lot now? It seems I need a nap everyday because I'm worn out after doing anything.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was tired like that for a month or more erin but I got energy back eventually

D
Old 05-24-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Erin, I am tired a lot as well now. I think I am starting to get over that hump.

Today is my one month date. After the first few days I broke the cycle of daily drinking and it has been pretty smooth for me so far. My guard is up however, I do not want to go back to where I was.

Peace all,

PM
Old 05-24-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Congrats Pianoman61 on one month sober!!

How is everyone doing? I haven't been posting for a while, but I check in regularly and enjoy reading your posts. I'm on day 34 and I can't believe how much better I feel! It's not all smooth sailing, but the feeling of getting stronger physically and mentally day by day, no hangovers, being able to enjoy the small everyday stuff... It's so worth it! Stay strong everyone and enjoy your Wednesday!
Old 05-24-2017, 04:33 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Very sorry I disappeared towards the end of April. I relapsed for about 8 hrs during my breakup and going back out was terrible even if just for awhile. I got up the following day, still half drunk went to my women's AA meeting and picked up another white chip. I'm happy to say I learned a lot, finally got a sponsor right away and have been sober since. Tomorrow I pick up my 30 day chip I have been so overwhelmed with AA, as well as, I didn't want to badly influence anyone on SR due to my relapse, since I was grateful for it ... I learned a lot. I don't recommend anyone relapsing. One of the main lessons I learned though, was I couldn't do it alone. Just going to meetings wasn't enough. I had to accept help from AA members. That's been my journey and I'm happy to have more tools now to help me during hard times in the future. I wish all of April 2017 class nothing but strengthen in sobriety, one day at a time. I thought I had this and I have to keep my ego in check and work with my sponsor and others. I had a hard time accepting their offers of help before that. Due to fear, control issues that I have since realized I have, I was always wondering why they wanted to help me, felt undeserving and wondered what did they want from me...what was their angle. Now I know, by them helping me they are helping themselves to remind them where they don't want to be again. It's a beautiful thing and I look forward to the day when I have worked the steps and can help other besides doing the service work I do today. Bless you all and much love to my fellow alcoholics. We are all the same when it comes to that. It doesn't discriminate among class, religious beliefs or nonbelievers, race or anything else. Peace be with you all XO
Old 05-25-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Good to see you BeFree! I glad you are back with us!
Old 05-25-2017, 05:39 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Day 40 today! Staying busy. Yesterday was a challenge, an old friend texted me, we hadn't talked in several months and she just stirred my internal world in a way that was stressful. She only contacts me when she is down. It's not an alcohol thing, but certainly depressive. I said nice things to encourage her, then erased her number again.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 40 SF

D
Old 05-25-2017, 08:44 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Hi All,
I have been around but got so busy reading other threads and posting, I haven't checked in here for awahile. Glad to 'see' you all. Welcome back Be Free. simply free..you are doing great! Sorry to say my peace and contentment left Monday and I have been cranky since then and a little bit tempted to drink today. I also am still over tired Pianoman and Erin. But I got a sponsor and am staying strong Verona and it is s much better everyday even when it is not perfect. We have got this, friends! We have got this! As long as we keep helping each other of course!
Old 05-26-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Hello Day 31 - What I'm I doing? I'm not drinking
Old 05-26-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations BeFree

D
Old 05-28-2017, 05:23 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Today is the first day of week 7 for me, day 43! Lots to do! I hope everyone stays focused and believes the truth, not your AV. Life is far better without alcohol!
Old 05-29-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! It's my first time posting here. I'm on day 36. The longest I've ever gone. I'm very proud of myself but I feel tired and sick a lot. I have pain in my liver and many times pain throughout my whole body. Today was a good day. I kept busy but as soon as I sat down on the couch I felt my liver acting up. Ugh! Can't wait to see what normal feels like!!!
Old 05-29-2017, 07:57 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Hi All,
I can relate Mylucky day. I don't know if f it is my liver but I have a constant pain in my right side. It is Day 45 for me. I am still pretty tired and sick too. Just crawling towards the summer, which I am lucky enough to have off. Then I hope to improve health wise as I will have more time to take care of myself. I have had some very happy moments since quitting drinking but this weekend was kind of a downer for me. I think it is PAWS so I am not sweating it too much....just being kind to myself and not drinking!! Just feeling kind of quiet and don't have very much energy!