Notices

Class of April 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 05-30-2017, 09:38 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

Today marks 48 days sober, my 8th consecutive day of work, 3 days since the 3rd largest power outage in Memphis history, 3 days since my last meeting, and my first day back in school this semester. I'm sooo glad I'm off work tomorrow and can make a meeting and meet with my sponsor. crazy days.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:47 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Just returned from a lovely one week vacation in Transylvania, managed so stay sober all the way. Today is my 35th day sober, 5 weeks
I asked my GF to get engaged, and she said yes
Old 06-01-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberTyger View Post
Just returned from a lovely one week vacation in Transylvania, managed so stay sober all the way. Today is my 35th day sober, 5 weeks
I asked my GF to get engaged, and she said yes
WOW, congratulations on your engagement!!!
Old 06-01-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

I have days with waves of depression. Some are relentless, but they can change for better or worse depending on my self talk. Either way I end up very tired at the end of the day.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're still struggling with depression SF

what have you done about it in the past?
D
Old 06-01-2017, 08:41 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Congratulation Sober Tyger! Grea news. Stay sober and your life together will be off to a wonderful start!
Old 06-01-2017, 08:43 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Hi Simply Free. You and I have been sober roughly the same amount of time. I have good days and bad days too. I think our brains our still not regulated. The tiredness is constant. I find I stilll can't put in a full day of work without being completely exhausted at the end. But in spite of all that, I feel better at my core. Do you know what I mean? Do you feel it too?
Old 06-01-2017, 09:01 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

At day 50 the tiredness I was feeling is finally letting up some or I'm just too busy to notice it. Hopefully you guys will get some relief from it soon. I'm proud of all of us!!
Old 06-02-2017, 04:20 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Tetor,
Yep, I go to work and feel decent to start but by afternoon I'm dragging. Still this is better than the hangovers. I'm getting more focused and productive, and obviously that is good. My emotional swings still exist but aren't amplified by the drinking cycles. I don't know what my brain is doing, but I hope it is settling down. I'm not foggy,but some days I notice my thinking processes struggle. getting a complete thought out in a complete sentence is difficult when I feel so tired. I work among people, but alone and I think that is probably ok. Maybe I'm just getting old.....lol!!
Old 06-02-2017, 04:21 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Day 48...
Old 06-02-2017, 05:12 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Day 38 Happy Friday!
Old 06-02-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great sober weekend guys

D
Old 06-02-2017, 05:26 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tertor View Post
Hi All,
I can relate Mylucky day. I don't know if f it is my liver but I have a constant pain in my right side. It is Day 45 for me. I am still pretty tired and sick too. Just crawling towards the summer, which I am lucky enough to have off. Then I hope to improve health wise as I will have more time to take care of myself. I have had some very happy moments since quitting drinking but this weekend was kind of a downer for me. I think it is PAWS so I am not sweating it too much....just being kind to myself and not drinking!! Just feeling kind of quiet and don't have very much energy!
I hope you're feeling better soon Tertor!
Old 06-02-2017, 09:49 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is day 49 the end of week 7. Lots to do. Depression is still a problem along with some past issues that I've done my best to ignore thus far.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:24 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

My son is in an out of town baseball tournament this weekend. I drove up for the day to watch. When the days games were done the parents of the boys were all standing together asking what everyone was doing for dinner and the evening. They decided it was a drinking evening and "if you aren't a drinker, don't even bother to show up." I drove back to the city.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:49 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

Wow SF. I think they suck but it's probably for the best that you didn't go anyway. I think being around people drinking would ### me off at this point... if they were sloppy... or make me uneasy if they weren't. I know I don't want anywhere near it.

I'm going to church tomorrow morning for the first time in.... many (maybe 9 or 10) years...
Old 06-03-2017, 11:30 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

You guys know that meme that says something along the lines of " when I think of my ex I ask myself was I drunk the entire relationship?"

I'm realizing that I really have been drunk most of mine. It's been a rough ride. Lies and lies and cheating. Putting up with a lot of crap by stuffing it down with a bottle.
I'm not saying I'm leaving but I'm wondering now if it may be too far gone to fix.
My relationship is definitely my biggest issue in sobriety.
I'm not participating in the shouting matches and slamming doors anymore.
Anyway. . .
I try not to dwell on this stuff but I'm torn. I certainly wasn't always an angel but I really don't think I've deserved everything I've put up with and I've gotten to a point now that I've decided that things will have to change if I'm going to stay. But I'm guarded and distant at times bc of the past so I'm not sure if they ever will change. . .
Old 06-03-2017, 11:46 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Administrator

Only you can make that determination erin. I always advise people to wait, if they can, before any big life changes tho.

Simple reason: I was a million different people my first 90 days. After that I got a lot more consistent with thoughts and emotions.

Of course if you're in danger, or the situation is intolerable, or threatening your recovery thats another matter

D
Old 06-03-2017, 11:52 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

It's not like I'm packing my bags but I can't hide from the issues anymore. I'm just on the fence I guess and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. Try and help this unhealthy marriage get better or just focus on getting better myself.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:16 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

I can relate. I'm married to a decent person who has little connection to my heart or lifestyle outside the kids and checkbook. It is the primary source of depression, married but alone. It's not all her fault. I've come to realize she isn't resisting, she simply lacks the ability to meet my hearts needs for many reasons. As a matter of fact I no longer analyze or strategize how to get her to meet any of my emotional needs. I am simply as kind, helpful and genuinely caring as I can be, knowing there won't be any connection. But I won't lie to my heart either, I've slept on the couch in one room or another for 5+years. Enough said. I hope you can come to a helpful decision for your relationship. I'm glad you are going back to church, that is truly a good thing.