Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 23

Old 06-18-2017, 11:23 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Good luck with the move, PHRD. I'm so glad your business is taking off. Small business is the backbone of America. And Canada, Australia and England, because everyone's here!
Old 06-18-2017, 11:25 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

I took the garage down the driveway tonight and reflected on how far I've come. No more taking it out at two a.m. on a Sunday night, staggering drunk. This is, when I remembered to take it out. Sometimes I forgot for two weeks at a time. I was a wreck.
I'm so glad those days are past.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:44 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

OOTT- Isn't it great how those mundane things are just ones we do now? Things don't pile up, stay dirty (well, for long! I admit I hate doing dishes so sometimes some land in the sink for a day or two bc my dishwasher is the pits!). And we can appreciate that we can do them like "normal people."

Hi Mel! Glad to hear from you!

Yes, my parents are tough but they are also tired and "old" as my mom says....spent some time with them yesterday and they mostly wanted to hear and discuss things with Cliff and my planning ahead, the kids, etc. Dad never complains and is doing great with his rehab (started the very next day after surgery so every day for a week now) but is really uncomfortable and stubborn about taking pain meds (NOT taking them).

Day off today and a couple fun things planned. I ran yesterday before what ended up being a busy night at work so definitely a little sore today- restorative yoga on the agenda!

Take care all- have a great week-
A
Old 06-19-2017, 10:18 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Gonna disappear for a few days, horrible amount of work to do.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Thanks for the heads up OT! See you when you surface- hugs and prayers til then.

We are starting to talk through the specifics of the move- like not taking my beloved (welllll worn) sofa.....sounds small but this has been the place of naps, part of my recovery, the spot where our long conversations (Cliff dubbed it his "Happy Place") and getting to know each other started.....so many things! Fun to think about all the "new" stuff ahead. He was funny last night- I randomly said "new towels! I can't wait! Always have to get new towels when you move!" and he said - "Ok, so should that be before or after all the new dishes? Cause I imagine one for Aug, then one for Sep, and you mentioned bedding- in my head we do one thing a month" HAHAHAHA. I'd Want It All for once (and probably be able to get it) but I love having these small moments where one or the other reveals the assumptions we have made about how we will live and spend money and....I still haven't sold the idea of them having a mini fridge and me having the big one to do with as I please.....(we have very different Fridge Organization Ideas. IE, he has no "plan")....happy girl.

Long day at work....need the money. Certainly not as stressed as I remember telling y'all about at earlier points....but still not relying on him paying bills- gradual take over to "our" money and spending.

Take care all-
A
Old 06-23-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Ahhhhhh stepped on a nail in Cliff's floor board on Wed night!!! They couldn't stitch it because of angle of cut so tape-stitched and bandaged....off for two days. Which I am taking instead of pushing to go back tonight bc I reallllly need the mokey.....prayers and self-calming program reminders there.

Wonderful time with my 15 yr old- when I picked her up at ball camp (my first carpool/pick up thing!) she saw me watching through the door and jumped up from her seat with a big double wave. Melted my heart! I am really proud of the job we have done setting our new family up for success 😆

Hope you are all well- take care of yourselves
A
Old 06-24-2017, 11:24 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

That really hurts, August. I STILL remember stepping on nail at construction site when I was seven or eight. I can still see the board and how bad it hurt. All little friends told me about tetenis, but I never got shots.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:13 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

I am better- still bandaging but have not worked the last three days. Patio tonight.

Started going through my apt- ended up really getting through a LOT - a little emotional but ok. It's the place I became a survivor - no other place I have lived has that distinction!

Overcast and all that summer Atlanta jazz here.

Take care all-
A
Old 06-26-2017, 08:33 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Hey guys, still here. Coming up on 11 months, couple of minor slips along the way, but looking back I cannot believe how very very sick I was.
I've been preoccupied with my kitties health issues. Out of the blue my sassiest did not cut me off on the stairs trying to trip me, so alarms rang. Had some tests but seeing an internist today. I'm extremely worried. I suspect something in particular but we will see. Only 1 is not having problems right now. They are my kids.

August, I stepped on a rusty nail once, puncture wounds are so painful, ouch! Take it easy!

OOTT, I'm the worst at planning trips too, especially the plane tix and pay the high price. It's just plain silly, do it. I'm going to get on phone with my friend 2nite and get things going for holiday NYC trip. She s a planner, which is good. I am a bit nervous about being in Times Square honestly, and that's not my fave place anyway so hope to avoid it.

Badge, yeah, sounds like you need some down time, vacay is well deserved!
Lee, I love U2 in concert and saw this same tour before as well. How was it? Bonos voice live has something special not captured in recordings.
OT, you still delving into Excel? I suck at it so taking an intermediate class in August. It was so simple before it got all complicated What is a pivot table and why do we need it?

Take care all!
Old 06-27-2017, 05:13 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hey Penny! Good to hear from you.

OT- thinking of you.

Foot better but it ached after working a double last night. I did modified yoga on Sun and am going to try one of the other videos this morning. Long lunch shift (close so there til about 4) like yesterday and need it to be profitable again. Def not trying to run yet!!

I got a request yesterday for a bio and feature pic- for the Ben's Friends website! Wow. Some good meetings set up tomorrow re work partners to spread the word and the pop up brunch we are doing next month.

Got the movers set. My apt looks like a war zone but made a lot of progress going through stuff.

Take care all- have a great day
A
Old 06-27-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry for your accident August.

Congrats on 11 months PL

D
Old 06-28-2017, 12:20 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, all my assignments are finished but a piece of work I need for my portfolio has gone missing. Don't believe I ever received it back so going to go sort it out today. Stress levels are already WAY down, once this is sorted it'll finally all be over!
Old 06-28-2017, 08:38 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,
Week 3 of my Summer Break and it just might be the best SB of all of my years teaching. I can tell I am SO different than last summer. I think I took all last summer in constant recovery. This summer I feel so amazing.

Eating super well and working out. Tomorrow is month 16!! Thankful. So thankful.

Penny--The U2 concert was AMAZING. I wish I could go to another show. They stayed true to the album and played a total of 21 songs (6 encores). Bono's voice was especially amazing. I lucked out because the show I saw them was after they had had 3 days' rest. I will see them forever when they choose to tour. Very special band to me.

Hope everyone is great!
Be good to you,
Lee
Old 06-28-2017, 07:44 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Congrats on 16 months, Lee!!!
Old 06-28-2017, 11:53 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

YES LEE!

Off to Spain for the weekend. Catch ya'll in a few days.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:12 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Administrator

¡buen viaje! OT

D
Old 06-29-2017, 06:06 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Congrats on 16 mo Lee! You sound super

PHRD- how is it going?

All's well on my front.

Take care everyone-
A
Old 06-29-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Hello All. Been super busy with life etc.

August - sorry to hear about that nail. I assume your tetanus shot is up to date?

Good to hear from you Mel. Its been a while.

Penny. Sorry to hear about the Kitty. Let us know how that turns out. Our 15 lb male Shih Tsu had an encounter with a Pitt Bull. A neighbor got the Pitt at the shelter and its troubled. It got out of the house, saw our dogs (we were walking them) and made a B line towards us. I got in front of him and put our female Shih Tsu up over my head. My wife was not as quick and that dog latched right on to the male's head. Several neighbors were out and it took multiple kicks to the head for him to finally release. It was awful. Fortunately my dog survived and amazing only suffered some puncture wounds and torn ears. $1,900 vet bill to run MRI, Xray etc in the night. The owner is apologetic and is pursing a claim with their home owners insurance company.

OT - Keep up the good work. Glad the assignment work load has lessened.

Lee - I am so bummed. U2 did not come to Vegas this year. Not sure why. I saw them last on the Pop tour I think it was. I was drunk.

OOTT. 16 months since we started this journey. No more drunk trash can toting! That does conjure up a funny image for me though. hehe

Badger Out
Old 06-30-2017, 11:49 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hey everybody! things are going great, no worries on this end. Just checking in.

Badger, that's insane about your dog and the pit bull. You're taking it. Think about your ability to deal with this if you weren't sober. Emotions all over the place, ranting and raving. Now, you're able to deal with this in a calm rational manner.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Sorry I haven't posted. A lot going on. Its a long story of what has transpired with my daughter but she has been in an inpatient psych unit for abput two weeks now. We finally know whats been causing her issues since she was born. Borderline Personality Disorder. Shes preapproved for an additional 30 day residential treatment program to get her mind straight as shes a big risk of not being safe.... She seriously put herself in danger with strangers and there is an investigation. Anyway - rough times but Im holding up. Staying strong. Glad she's finally got the correct diagnosis. She has just started on a mood stablizer called Abilify. Fingers crossed she moves in the right direction going forward and doesnt get worse. Thanks for listening.