Notices

One Year & Over Part 27

Old 07-31-2015, 02:01 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Do your best

Greeks have a bit if a tradition doing it i think its bonkers but the customers tourists loved it

i have broken plates accidently too im so clumsy
Old 07-31-2015, 02:21 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah I've been at Greek restaurants and done that - it's meant to be good luck, I think?

D
Old 07-31-2015, 03:46 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Feeling a bit low lately. The worst part is I'm not really sure why. Oh well, this too shall pass...still beats drinking

Have a great weekend, all!
Old 07-31-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

FBL I'm sorry to hear you're feeling low. I hope something nice happens today to lift you up. I hate feeling in a funk, especially for no particular reason.
I used to play duck hunt on Nintendo as a kid...
Old 07-31-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

has it passed yet FBL?

it could just be gas!
Old 07-31-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Hello everyone!

I'm just catching up with this thread after a few days off line. Sounds like we need hugs all round!

Hope everyone is having a better Friday. I had a little spat with my lovely partner earlier on (which is extremely unusual) so we're off out now for a walk in the New Forest and a cream tea to cheer each other up!
Old 07-31-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((((FBL))))) i had a couple rough days on the day of therapy ive had 2 great days since

ive seen my 21 yr old neice 2 days running she loves spending time with me we had 4 hours it was really great done loads of shopping before she arrived managed to have a bath just in time before she arrived got my haircut aswell & shave bought mrs sw some gifts today to surprise her im going to pamper her with a foot massage and a back massage im knackered but its a great tired

Hello to all the overs have a lovely start to the weekend
Old 07-31-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Sorry you're feeling down FBL. One of the hardest lessons for me to learn was to feel down, for no obvious reason. I got lots of practice throughout my first year plus of sobriety. Prior to that I'd never allowed myself to just be. In sobriety I learned about realistic expectations - as well as acceptance and gratitude. It's helped.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope today/tomorrows better for you FBL

Have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 07-31-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Do your best

You too D hope you have a nice saturday goodnight Overs
Old 07-31-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Toots,
Yeah I know, my losses were just exhausted fumble fingers. But it's really convenient to have it save every half minute or so.

Scotland sounds more my speed temp wise. We are going to try to do Colorado in a few years.

FBL,
Hey ol bud! Hope you're soon fulfilled with whatever's missing. I agree that sober is the only way to deal with feelings. Great or low, sober we go!

Wolf,
Glad you're having a better time now too.

Dee,
You plate breaking vine eating charmer you!

Lump,
Guess you had a good Friday!

Gleefan,
Well said.

I've been in the heat all day after a rude awakening to a yard full of trucks. The crew to move the old trailer out to the back. We thought it was Saturday so were snoozing at 0800 hrs. Dressed fast, broke camp by disconnecting water, electric, cable, and hitching the RV to my truck after pulling in the slide, then moving it to the back. Then in about three hours they had moved the mobile home full of our stuff to the back, and by four I had my RV back fully hooked up. I have a smaller metal building that's finished out and air conditioned that we put the pups in. Poor Maggie was terrified and Skylar was excited to see what was going on. The front flower garden and porch are still in place. Maggie ran up the steps expecting the house to be there, her security. She was bewildered. Later they went in the disconnected old trailer which was off level by far and then Maggie seemed to understand that the RV was her home. But this morning it was gone for several hours too!

I had to haul the copper cable I salvaged in the heat. I'm pooped from breaking down then setting back up.

We went to see my MIL. Mom is really bad physically, her face is drawn up on one side by a tumor behind her ear, and that side droops. But she is still herself. It must be bewildering to have your body rapidly declining to death with full cognizance of it. She is chipper despite having trouble speaking and moving. We'll all sit with loved ones as they leave us, until we are the ones whose own turn has come.

Funny how we take our breath for granted.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

Plate breaking is in my past I hope, Itch...more vine leaves next week tho, I suspect
Old 07-31-2015, 10:27 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Magsie

Red face

Morning overs hope you're all feeling ok and a bit better if you were feeling down (fbl)

Itchy, I can't comprehend what loved ones must be going through but there are stages we go through when at end of life., as you are probably aware. The disbelief, bargaining, depression. and finally acceptance. I was part of a group called health champions, not a professional body but a help to how we can help people, (working alongside professional bodies) in hospital who are coming to their end of life, as to have what they need as in, the most important thing for most was to die in their own home. Sad to discuss this but it is a fact and if we can help and assist one person to have their final wishes we may have achieved something. I was just a small cog in a massive wheel.
-------------------------------------------------
Hope you don't melt in all the heat, itchy.

Wolfie, foot massage? back massage? Gifts, a surprise at that!you must have one very happy Mrs Wolfie.

Now come on all you plate breakers - any excuse not to wash up! Lol.

Got a trapped nerve in my back, which in turn I pulled the good side of my back, just didn't wanna leave it out, pain free, know what I mean. My left knee started playing up, it's not as if I've run 10 miles or so, oh, and a bone in my right foot keeps giving way when I'm walking, I've got hay fever, which irritates the old asthma , not had much sleep for the past 5 days. Am I grumpy ? Yessssss. But on a good note, I've not had ice cream and chocolate and the fat is melting off me. Oh and were nearly outa loo rolls as I've run out of tissues , tesco order here at 9 am. Cor, I feel a lot better for that moan, thanks guys for putting up with me.

Morning, Dee, itchy, wolfie , toots, OLL, Headlump, Gilmer, zippy, Inpar, FBL., drake and all overs.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:27 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I think is in need today! Feel better quickly Mags.

Wolfie, Mrs Wolfie is one lucky. Lady!

FBL, hope you feel less blue soon sweetie.

Plate smashing, I hate when I smash one I've just washed... I mean if I'd broke it when it was dirty I would have saved myself the bother!

Have a good one Overs x
Old 07-31-2015, 11:43 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread guys

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-28-a.html

D