Class of April 2014 Part 21

Old 05-22-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

I'm in too....

Dee: good to hear from you...

Stay tuned....
Old 05-22-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Has anyone ever heard of people withdrawing from Prozac? I'm having horrible stomach cramps and I'm not sick or in need for restroom relief...I read online this is very common actually which scares me...I'm doing fine at work and feeling mentally fine today, just my tummy 8(

If anyone has heard of this happening please let me know...
Old 05-22-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't remember that with me, ST, sorry.

D
Old 05-22-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't remember that with me, ST, sorry.

D
Old 05-22-2015, 11:19 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Morning everyone.
Hope those stomach cramps have eased off ST. If not it might be best to see a doctor?

I have a day off today, no plans. Hoping to get out in the garden. Chelsea gardens show has inspired me to rethink our (lack of) garden design. Trouble is, I genuinely like the wild look, so I might just have border which looks a bit under control as an artistic contrast

Next week I'm off to Dorset for a few days for work. I'm really looking forward to it. It's a beautiful part of the country. I'm trying to find some affordable accommodation that isn't an inn or pub, but it looks like everyone else is also going to Dorset and has snapped up the healthy options already! I don't need to head off until Thursday, so there's still plenty of time.

Hope everyone's doing well.

Izzy, What did you decide regarding AA?
Old 05-23-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

I'm feeling a bit better today for sure...yea that's not cool...I even used to run track and field and long distance and never had stomach cramps like that...I just don't think my body chemistry likes being on Prozac or coming off...my fiancé said I now know what it feels like to be a woman lol...I drank tea which I don't normally do...I don't have a strong stomach to begin with anyway either, and when my anxiety is high, everything tightens up...a few factors I suppose but I'm doing better today
Old 05-23-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

It's about 5-30pm, I've been in the garden doing some clearing up. It's been a fabulous day, but incredibly I have the most dreadful craving for wine. It's the association with gardening, sunshine and preparing a meal. it's so annoying, after all this time, still the association is there.

I'm going to have a soak in the bath until the craving goes away. Actually I'll have some water with lemon first.

I'll post again in a while, hopefully my mind will have shown this gremlin the door.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better today ST
Old 05-23-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

The Fools Bargain works!!!

I'm on my second glass of water with lemon, I've posted about my gremlin attack, and I've stuffed myself with some healthy food (even though dinner is almost ready-I'll go easy on the baked potato). The cravings have gone, and I've still got a bit of ammo left (getting outside in the fresh air, taking some exercise).

Great work me!
Old 05-23-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Awesome Freen! Sounds like a great weekend!
Old 05-23-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Thanks also, I'm just taking it easy till work, only working 4/5 hours so it won't be brutal...really glad your doing well
Old 05-23-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad the craving has passed for you Freein....it is definitely annoying. I always used to drink while doing my yard work, or at least it was the "reward" when I had completed a project, so understand how that is.

I saw my Doc yesterday about prescribing something for my anxiety......he has refused the last 3 or 4 times I've talked to him about it, but yesterday, I told him I was considering quitting my new job, because the anxiety is interfering with my ability to focus....I can't relax, I have these physical symptoms, which I didn't relate to the anxiety, just this "odd" feeling all of the time, my muscles hurt (not like sore from exercise). Anyway, he agreed & gave me a couple prescriptions, one that will take a couple of weeks to take affect & another to use "sparingly", when I really need them & until the other starts working. I also called to make an appt for counseling yesterday.....not sure how I'm going to do that now with a full time job, but maybe a long lunch twice a month.

No big plans for this long week-end, except to do my best to relax & be good to myself....No alcohol. 28 days of sobriety today.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:20 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Mariah, congratulations on 28 days!

It's good to hear you've found a counsellor. I'm sure that will help you enormously. Hopefully, over a bit of time your new job will feel less stressful. It's a big change, so it will take a little time to adjust.

I'm off to visit my parents today, Sunday's seem to come around very quickly! I could really do with some time to sort out my own house I seem to have slipped in to this weekly visiting, I'm not sure if it has been the wisest move. It's kind of expected now. I think it was a bit easier when families used to stick around the same area, but these days we're all miles away from each other, so a quick visit actually turns into a whole day.

At least my partner cooks me a lovely meal for when I get back, that's always a treat.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Mariah- hope your job works out!, Free- i bet your folks love that time with you .

I'm logging off here at SR- I can't believe it's been over a year since I found you guys!

What works for me, maybe because I don't have fear/a big rock bottom to motivate me- is to really look at the big picture- what's problematic and what needs to change, overall- big and little.

Yes, we've been thru a lot, especially over the past few years - it's amazing that I'm still functioning, really. The human being is so remarkable. I've seen that in each of you, too- how you've come through challenges better, stronger ... often times because of those challenges!

And after a year of study, prayer(and lots of questions here and there lol!) ... and because of the progress I've made so far, I've found that for me to continue living a better life- to continue in the direction of hope and empowerment that this year has given me, I need to be intentional to continue to healthfully move forward.

For me, that just means that the big picture of LIFE needs to be my focus and I know this probably isn't the place for that .

THANK YOU April fool friends for all of your kindness. I wish and pray for each of you all of the love and goodness that this life has to offer.

Always,

Izzy❤️
Old 05-24-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I wish you all the best on your journey always Izzy & hope to see you drop in & say Hi now & then anyway. Take Good Care Friend
Old 05-24-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Administrator

The door is always open Izzy - but happy trails

D
Old 05-24-2015, 11:27 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Dear Izzy,
I'm really upset to see you go. I think your last post is perhaps the most inspirational I've read here.
Thank you for all your support and advice over the last year, it's been great to hear from you in Cowtown.
Best of luck with everything ahead, I'm sure you'll be fine.
Obo, wife and baby Anna are beside you in all your adventures....
Thanks for being part of such a great team.....
Love to you always.....xxx
Old 05-24-2015, 11:42 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I have to say that I'm sad to see you go izzy.
I wish you all the best on your journey.
I hope you will stop by from time to time and say hello. We will always welcome you back with open arms.
You will be missed.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:37 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Good luck Izzy, on your chosen path. I hope you'll pop by every now and then to say hi. Much love as always x
Old 05-26-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

I'm not good with goodbye...