Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 21

Old 05-12-2015, 11:27 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,

Rocks, you've definitely had more than your share of family challenges recently! I agree with UP, if things get dicey he needs to go back to your parents. You must take care of yourself, and protect all the hard work you've put in to your sobriety.
I hope he settles down soon, and can be inspired by the amazing changes his sister has made!

Half way through the week already.

Have a great day all
Old 05-12-2015, 11:29 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Not sure what happened to my previous post, did I press the wrong button Dee?
Old 05-12-2015, 11:40 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Looks fine to me freein?

D
Old 05-13-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

How strange, this morning it said something about a "permalink".

I can't even blame it on booze now can I?
Old 05-13-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

Permalink is your posts exact URL:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5369268

you can get it by clicking the link in the top right hand corner.

D
Old 05-13-2015, 10:44 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Oh, that's actually quite useful! I'll master this technology one day.

It's a wet morning here. No doubt the slugs will be feasting upon my seedlings while I'm at work today, they have no respect.

I have some big work projects coming up in October. I need to knuckle down and start making some preparations, and clearing some space in my head, and in my work day. It seems a long way off, and the old me would definitely put it all on the back burner until it was too late to do a good job. But, this new, proactive me is itching to get on the case straightaway. Much less stressful, almost enjoyable.

Hope everyone's having a good end to the week.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday Fools,
I'm still here, and still hanging in there. I guess I haven't had much to say lately. I'm in the middle of the springtime funk I go through every year, it's not as bad as it often is, but I still feel pretty blah... I know it will pass, though waiting it out kind of sucks.
I'm going to Africa in 2 months, and have spent the last couple of weeks dealing with stuff related to the trip, mostly medical stuff. I truly hate getting shots, but at least I didn't pass out this time. I'm taking live bacteria typhoid pills for this entire week, the first vaccination pills I've ever heard of, and they're making me feel a bit sick, but they're also making me nervous about being around other people. The Dr wasn't able to answer my question about whether it's possible for me to pass typhoid to someone else while going through this inoculation period, and I haven't been able to find the answer elsewhere, so I'm keeping to myself this week as much as I can. I know it's rare, but still possible, to pass a virus from a live virus vaccine to another person, so it only makes sense that it's possible with a live bacterial vaccine as well, even though there are no warnings to that effect in all of the information that came with the pills. Sometimes I really wish I knew a lot less about stuff like this. It would be better for me to spend time with other people right now than to isolate myself.
I've been spending a lot of time pulling an especially pernicious and invasive weed out of my yard. I ignored the little bit there was last year, and now it's taken over about a third of my back yard, so it's turned into a really big job. It's satisfying, though. I like that I can see my progress so clearly, and I've gotten a lot of it done already. I'm trying to get it all out before it goes to seed.
Not much else to report from here.
Mariah, I hope you are all the way recovered from your stomach bug, and are still feeling good in your new job.
Obo, how's sweet baby Anna? Hopefully you and your wife are adjusting to your new roles and new sleep patterns. New babies are a lot of work, but worth every minute of it.
ST, it's wonderful to see your progress over the last year. You have come so far in every way.
Freein, is the pheasant chick still around? I'm impressed that you are already starting to prepare for your October work projects. I've never been too good about planning ahead, but you are inspiring me to get better about it.
Rocks, I'm so glad your finals went well and are over, hopefully you are doing ok with your brother. Your parents are really asking a lot of you in this situation. Try to remember that no matter how much you can help and listen, the only person you can actually change is yourself. Still, a good example can go a long way, and with all of the progress you have made, you are definitely a good example.
Up, I hope your AV starts to leave you alone soon. The fact that you recognize it for what it is is huge, but it still sucks that you have to keep dealing with it. Hopefully your success in doing so is empowering for you.
Dee, I hope all is well with you. I always picture Australians hanging upside down and holding on to the earth by their clenched toes. The fact that all of you aren't just spinning off into space is kind of impressive...
Hi to every one I missed in this post. I hope all of the Fools, both past and present, are doing well.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

It's lovely to hear your news Adna, you're such a globetrotter! Are you off to Africa for a holiday, or is it work related? Whatever the reason, what a wonderful opportunity.

The little chick is still alive, I've seen her this evening. Still so tiny and vulnerable. My partner and I take it in turns to keep an eye out for predators, but we're not around during the day, so I just keep my fingers crossed. Mother and chick were in the greenhouse when I arrived home this evening. It looked like they were struggling to find the way out again. Pheasants don't seem to have very good problem solving skills, but they make up for it in entertainment.

I hope your spring "funk" disappears soon.

Hope everyone's doing good today.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Adna...i can just about stand upright LOL

D
Old 05-14-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Oh brother. Literally. What is this tornado that I have invited into my house? He's busted a wall, clogged a toilet, fed my dog a bag of spicy cheetos... He's like a bull in a China shop. It's awful. And he's so depressed that every time I'm like "hey could you not feed the dog?" he immediately goes to "You hate me. I know you don't want me here. I can't take all this criticism." And THEN my parents both called because they were worried and wanted me to soothe their respective fears. Why am I doing this? It's stressful and it's not my job.

My boyfriend yesterday was having some drinking urges. And honestly I had a moment myself. Not really active but like an "I'm feeling drinking level stress right now." I've been trying to take space but it's hard. I'm glad that I'm in a solid enough place that I don't feel like my sobriety is at risk. But I do feel kind of taken advantage of. This is supposed to be my week off before summer school. And instead I'm babysitting the tornado. Ah well. Only a few more days.

Hope you're feeling better Mariah!

UP, hope you're still doing okay! You're right about my parents of course. But this is classic for them. It's actually one of my big issues. I'm my families fixer. So they do not handle my addiction issues well and they kind of skirt around them existing at all.

Thanks for the encouragement free. Between my mom and my brother it has been a lot of family stress lately! I hope the slugs have been fairly respectful, haha. And it is amazing how much less stressful pacing your projects is. Alcohol does not lend itself to future plans. I hope you get a chance to clear your head a bit And that your chick continues to hang in there!

Hi Adna! A trip to Africa sounds so exciting! I'm sorry that you're in a funk. Hopefully a change of pace (and place) will help shake things up. Unfortunately I've ignored the weeds for a few months now and my yard has turned into a brambly mess. Damn weeds. I'm also a hopeless gardner, haha.

obo, how goes with Anna? And ST, hope you're doing well!
Old 05-14-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the few days go fast Rocks

D
Old 05-14-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Rocks- you sound good! I totally get the position you're in ... But you're perspective is stellar .

Free- love hearing about the chick. I've been enjoying our chicks as well ... And our ducklings ... which are now ducks. And I used to aspire New York City and a lawyer career. ?

Up - you seem to handle challenges always coming out on top. You'll have to keep us updated ...

Adna- I have a yearly funk too. Thankfully, mine has ended by now. I hope you're able to get out soon. And, that you thoroughly enjoy Africa !

Obo- enjoy those baby days, I'm jealous!

Mariah- so glad you're enjoying you're job. Sorry your family got sick.

Top- how are the projects?

Hope all is well,

I
Old 05-14-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I'm sorry your in a funk Adna.....I hope you get to feeling better soon. I'm sure the preparation for that trip has got to be stressful. Glad you are able to work out in your yard, it is rewarding & good therapy.

I left work very angry today....I am frustrated with attitudes from the two that are supposed to be training me......I can't effing guess what their damn problem is & I know its just that "their problem" & I'm not supposed to let it affect me the way it is, but I don't see how it wouldn't either. I guess I will have to talk to someone about it tomorrow as I am at a point I just want to throw my hands in the air & say "F" this. But of course I can't, as its all on my shoulders to make it work. Thanks for listening to me vent. I'm in a mood as I'm sure is plainly clear. Women Suck (except you girls here)
Old 05-14-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Good to hear from you adna, you globetrotter. I hope your funk clears up soon.

Good luck and stay strong rocks.

Nice to hear the chick is doing fine grandma free.

I hope things work out Mariah, perhaps you should speak to someone at work.

Still trudging along here.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hey all, hope everyone is good, forums kinda quiet...I'm going thru the ups and downs of bipolar disorder as best I can...I brought my fiancé with me to my therapy session on Thursday and it went really well...def a good decision on my part...wow I can actually make healthy choices! Lol A little depressed today...I need to stay off Facebook when I'm in my lower points I just get very argumentative and negative...another kind of addiction I need to break honestly.... Still reading too im glad I'm keeping books around me even tho I really need to force myself to open them...I AM doing it... Hope everyone else is good, please respond!
Old 05-16-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Fools bargain anyone?
Old 05-16-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I'm in for the bargain with you ST.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

enjoy the weekend guys
D
Old 05-16-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I'm in! Although my brother has invited himself to stay another week. He claimed to be broke so I would pay for groceries and such and I just learned that he's been saving a few grand to buy a car... Man, he just manages to push every single button that I have. My god. Pray for me.

Sorry to hear about your work stress Mariah! Hope it improves!

Hi UP and izzy!

Nice to hear from you ST! Glad to hear that you've been getting some good work done on everything and glad therapy with your fiancee went well!
Old 05-16-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

Can you tell him that staying another week is out of the question Rocks?

D