It's all about me...

Old 10-03-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

blue funny. i am in Gone girl right now. it's about to start.

thank you blue and clean for caring so much. I am somehow holding in. I'm okay for the circumstances. just hurting a lot.

BBL
Old 10-03-2014, 10:27 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Hello Ladies....

Cleanin.... take the compliments.. you do deserve them.

I was reading your daughter isn't feeling well. I hope she is better this evening? I will be keeping her in my thoughts and hope she feels better for the weekend. How is your weather there, is it getting cooler?

The casserole sounds very good. I haven't ever made one like that.. it does remind me of lasagna... Im going to try it too. My two guys like all those ingredients... one week I found the stouffers family size meals on sale.. they were $4.00 each, about 1/2 price. This is plenty big for our family, but I don't think would work for your crew.. LOL I decided I couldn't put the dishes together for $4.00 so I bought a whole bunch. Tried a couple already and they are good.

sorry so boring.. my life is not very drama filled at the moment except for still trying to medicate the cats ear. Now the cat hates me, and I have to play chase to get a 30 second shot at applying the medication.

Butter special hello to you... Im sorry your feeling down about things right now. Sometimes all we can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other, headed in the direction we ultimately want to go. But your out tonight at a movie so this is wonderful self care. I hope you had fun.

How was the movie? I saw previews for it... both you and Blue saw it today.. great minds think alike obviously. LOL
Old 10-03-2014, 10:29 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

oops I forgot to say hi to Dee.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:44 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

hi allfor! how are you?

thanks for the special hello and your words. i will be okay eventually just not today. so keep one foot in front of the other. is a good way to go !

the movie is good. did you read the book? the plot is amazing, very twisted and smart. The actress does a great job and ben affleck takes his clothes off. at some points the movie is kinda gross though. but it would say if you have time you should go watch it
Old 10-03-2014, 10:52 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

We are here at the same time Butter? Im doing better, Im a little earlier tonight.

I would like to see the movie. I was talking to Cleanin about previews a couple weeks ago. I also like Ben Affleck.. LOL.. hes a very good actor.. I heard the movie was getting great reviews...

I think its something my husband would like too.. he causes me stress whenever I take him to the theater.. He hates to pay for the movie food because they charge so much where we go.. a big drink, popcorn, and with my love of candy he hates to fork over $4 a little box. so... we smuggle in our own snacks... I tell him one day the little man with the flashlight is going to come up to us, catch us with contraband snacks and toss us out. Please remember my husband is a rebellious former addict. LOL We live a very wild life.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Haha, yeah I was on my way to bed and checked in quickly

I know it's mean, but i can't help it. Picturing you how you chase the cat and then how she's offended and ignores you is just too funny

yeah i was surprised. Usually stuff here is way cheaper than in switzerland. But the prices at the movie theaters are about the same. And yes it is expensive. We wanted to have dinner before the movie but then the place was crowded so we took it with us and ate it during the movie it was fun and i felt very rebellious

but on the other hand.... gosh the portion sizes at the movie are wicked big! Who is gonna eat/drink that? Lol... I was shocked!

I'm about to get up and go to breakfast and then i'll head to Boston. I need a dress for the wedding next weekend and will treat myself to a nice day in Boston. Going there is probably gonna kill me, but i try my best to distract me while I'm on the train...

I hope everyone is having a nice saturday
Old 10-04-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Well, I guess I better get someone to go to that movie with me. It looks like two thumbs up! i'm a rebellious addict too allfor! I refuse to pay the exorbitant reshresshment prices! I pop my own popcorn (extra buttery) at home pack it in my special (extra large) movie purse. Along with Reese's peanut butter cups (yes butter my kids' favorites too), soda's for each of us...and any other snacks the kids might want to eat.
All for the price of one extra large soda, which btw would never be completely finished anyway! Yes butter you are in the land of BIG SIZES! Did you guys hear about our city mayor doing away with large sized sodas? Yes, Mayor Bloomberg made large sized drinks illegal to sell in the city. Not sure if it was actually passed or not..but last I heard it was.
So far I have not been asked to open my large movie bag for a search...but my family refuses to walk in with me. They do not want to be apprehended as accomplices.

Butter I'm glad to see you are taking good care of yourself. Shopping and movie going are awesome ways to nurse that which you need nursed. I've been there plenty of times just so you know...you are not alone. I've been on both sides of this...honestly it hurt me to be on the other side as well. No ones fault just a fact.

Blue glad you are being a nice supportive spouse for husbunny. I realize it's not always easy to support...sometimes you have to do endure 1/2 days at work, movies and dinners. I know it's a tough life. But someone has to be there for husbunny and make sacrifices. I just want to compliment your parents...they raised an awesome daughter!

My daughter is fine. No need to worry. She observed the little boy sitting across from her devouring his pizza with his mouth wide open...the chocolate milk she had just gulped down didn't sit well with her...thank God she made it to the garbage can in time. My daughter is a tad sensitive when it comes to food and the way it looks. Remember this is my picky eater?

Well, I'm off to do my weekly shopping. Whoops, alfor I've been meaning to comment on your veterinary duties. Is there any way to pass it on to hubby? I think you are very sensitive to animals and do not want to be seen as the "bad" human that forces it to endure gloppy, cold medicine in its ear. I would have trouble with that too. Or maybe one of you can hold your kitty...pet him to calm him down while the other one administers the med?

Ok BBL hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Whoops double post!! Can't have that!

HI EVERYONE!!!!!
Old 10-04-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Wow it sure is quiet tonight! Feeling lonely here without you guys! I asked my daughter and my hubs if one of them wants to go to see that movie. Neither seem interested in going out tonight. Hubs is all sprawled out on the bed watching something...probably reruns of bones or CSI. Daughter s up in her room skyping a friend. My son has his earphones on shouting to whoever he's playing against on the Xbox. I guess it's a friend from school? My youngest is watching a minecraft video on her iPad. Here I am writing this post from my IPad. Mimi is the only one without some tech gadget. She is sniffing something on the floor.

It's funny because when I was in High School we watched a movie about what life would be like in 20+ years. They said people would be staying home more...because their world would be much larger....there would be all sorts of virtual stuff. Very similar to how it is now. Except there was supposed to be more hallagrams. I could just see my kids' friends hallagrams here. I mean no one needs to go over to anyone's house...just Skype or play Xbox from their own home. if someone told me back in highschool I'd have friends 1000 miles away....people I've never met...but know them better than some of the friends I've met face 2 face.....I'd say they were crazy. Is this healthy? Not the having you guys as friends part the my kids interacting with their friends virtually? Is something important missing? In a way...I feel it's safer. When it's 10:00 PM and that "Do you know where your children are" comes on. I can say, "yep. they are safely at home!" My son did not ask to sleep-over at so and so's house. He is not roaming the neighborhood and no-one is asking if he'd like to smoke some weed. My daughter did not go to a party...get drunk and drive home. My baby did not go over to a friend's house and possibly see something she isn't suppose to see. So that's a good thing, right? Life sure is different compared to what it was like when I was young. I had to be super careful NOT to get mixed up with the wrong group. Or fight off adolescent boys! I remember clearly at age 13 being approached by a boy in my neiborhood asking me if I wanted to try some weed. I had to learn the say "NO" skill. Weird where your mind takes you when you are bored.

Wait is that my pm box flashing?!? I have company? I'll bet that's butter!
Old 10-04-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

so clean, first you're complaining and then you disappear yourself?

Poor mimi, i think he needs to have a technic gadget too! He might feel like the odd bunny out!

I don't know if it's saver. I don't want to scare you but i think it might not. I think with the internet and the new opportunities there are also new dangers. Like, do you really know with whom your son is playing? I guess if he just went to his friend's house you would know the friend, his parents and where he is. I liked the way I grew up. I think i had a good mix between real life and internet. Internet only became a thing when I was older and yet i burnt myself badly on it! Also with cyber bullying and stuff... I don't know, but sometimes i'm scared when I see how old the kids are who are on Facebook. My 16 year old cousin is on there since 1 or 2 years and seriously? Not even I as a 25 year old would post such pictures as she does. And her parents don't care :S

I'm glad your daughter isn't sick, but i feel bad for her.

I had a nice day in Boston, and found a very pretty dress for the wedding. I'm crazy though... After being total furious of a certain man yesterday and hurting badly, i caught myself daydreaming today about him and trying to find reasonable explanations for his behavior. Let's play a game ! Everyone is allowed to club me! ready? GO!
Old 10-04-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Me first! Me first! Only kidding!! It's ok....I just can't believe how much what you are going thru is like what we addicts go thru. Like cravings and excuses to use. I never really thought about that til now. Sorry...I guess that isn't what you want to read about.

Yes you are right. It's a whole different set of dangers. Luckily I know that the two friends he's playing with are his friends from school. For a long time we didn't have the headset. So we could hear everything they talked about...none of the kids cursed so we were pretty relieved about that. But, yes, we do have to be careful. Another, precaution we took is not putting his Xbox in his room. He has no privacy...we have no privacy or peace and quiet.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

so you say B is my drug? Now i'm scared!

I'm not sure who I feel worse for because of no privacy... you or your son

I think boys are not so much a problem... Please watch out for your daughter once she's in that age! I'm sure you know and do that anyways, , but because I speak from experience, i rather point it out!
Old 10-04-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Yes you are right! Just my experience, but girls can be tough at that age. They seem a lot moodier than boys. They can be very secretive too. My oldest daughter was the most difficult at that age. She was very social and had a large circle of friends...not all of them good influences either. She was extremely mouthy, but she was hurting too. She always felt bad because her father and I were divorced. Even though it happened before she was 1 year old....it still effected her. She always felt like we loved her sister more than her. Of course it wasn't true!!i love ALL my children...they are ALL unique in their own way. I love them for who they are...there isn't one that I love more or less than the other ones.

My 25 year old was moody but was more of an introvert, so she did not have a lot of friends outside. Just a couple very close friends, whose parents were also strict. Never got caught up in boys or partying. In fact, her friends parents trusted her more than their own kids. If they knew my daughter was with them...they were like..."ok that's fine, as long as she is with you...you can go." She always made sure to get home on time and always called us when she reached somewhere and when she left. Even now she does that.

Thank God two are raised...just have two more to go. I hope and I think my son won't be too hard. He's very close to us all. My youngest...I'm not sure. Too young to tell. But she's a little naughty, if she thinks she can get away with something...she will try. For example. Last year, on days she wanted to come home early, she would go to the nurses office to complain about being sick. We finely realized there was a pattern to her illnesses. Every Monday and Fridays.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

but be honest, you love Butter the most

I think, your son will be more of a problem for other parents ;-) I told you, he's gonna break a lot of hearts

It's interesting that your daughters were so different though. I mean of course their individuals, but they're still sisters...
Old 10-04-2014, 09:16 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Yes....I think you are right about my son! Lol

It's amazing how each child is so different from the other one...even in the same family.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Haha i'm always right I'm a teacher

it is... i'm an only child... i guess my parents thought they don't want to risk a second me
Old 10-04-2014, 11:28 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

You two are scaring me.. my son isn't quite 3 yet... they may have holograms by the time he is a teen. And now he has his first tablet...whats next? LOL

Its nice having a couple of teachers here so I can listen to your insights, and also a mom who has already been where I am..

Technology has made things very different. My husband keeps up on everything to a much higher degree than me... but in many ways it has made life simpler, and allowed us to have access to so much... online education, college courses at home, working more from home, skyping with family far away, online forums like SR bringing together such a variety of people.
I also think in some cases, like SR for example.. there is so much stigma with addiction, and coming to a safe online forum allows us to be more open about our situations and feelings while still feeling safe.

I was however watching a movie on lifetime channel one day, and it was about a teen girl who had been on a chat room and thought she was chatting with a college boy, and then he kept pressing for them to meet.. and she did and he turned out to be much older with bad intentions... wont go into more... but we do need to watch our kids, have an idea what they are doing online or down the street at a friends house.

I know there were times when I was out with friends; my core group were all basically like me; we never got into anything bad... but somehow we would still manage to stumble into something. someone's older brother would have friends at the house, or a new person would be invited who was into stuff my parents would not have approved of... most of this.. they never knew.. and I was only allowed to go to friends when they met the parents and everything first... so you just cant tell... I hope to do what my parents did; instill good values at age appropriate times, keep communication open, somehow balance being a parent and being a friend.. but parent will always have to win out.. THEN wait for the day when he gets mad at me because I wont let him, and why, why, why... It will be worse than with my trying to give the cat ear medicine... and its not going well. LOL

After hearing how the two of you... Cleanin and Buttercup are also smuggling food into the movies... I feel better... Ive never taken fast food - that's a new one. What I hate is the soda... screw tops not too bad, but when you have a can and have to pop the top.. He says wait until a loud part of the movie... LOL

I think I read about NY.. is it the city... not allowing drinks over a certain size. I am so awful.. I was going to ask how many tickets they give out for unlawful urination... maybe he is not really trying to improve the health of residents, but instead curb crime?

Did you ever see the episode of Seinfeld in the parking garage in NYC:

The Parking Garage

Jerry: I've had this condition since I was eleven! I've been in and out of hospitals my whole life. I have no control over it. Doctors have told me that when I feel it, the best thing to do is just release it. Otherwise, I could die.

Security Guard: Well you're still not allowed.

Jerry: Do you hear what I'm saying to you?! I'm telling you that if I don't go, I could die. Die. Is it worth dying for?

Security Guard: That's up to you.

Jerry: So you don't care if I die.

Security Guard: What I care about is the sanitary condition of the parking facility.

Jerry: It was life and death.

Security Guard: Uh huh.

Jerry: Oh I'm lying. Why would I do it unless I was in mortal danger? I know it's against the law.

Security Guard: I don't know.

Jerry: Because I could get Uromysitisis poisoning and die. That's why!...Do you think I enjoy living like this?...the shame, the humiliation...You know I have been issued a public urination pass by the city because of my condition. Unfortunately my little brother ran out of the house with it this morning. Him and his friends are probably peeing all over the place.

Old 10-05-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Ha Ha Ha Ha! Thank you allfor...that was a funny episode! Lol just gotta love Seinfeld! I will tell you that the urine smell in the subways and sidewalks of NYC were one of those things that I had to get used to. Allfor you've been here so you know what I'm talking about right? Especially on a hot muggy day!! That smell is super pungent! Pew!! Hey you never know...could be the thinking behind that ban....less in less out! Try finding a suitable public restroom in the city too. Which, I'm sure is another problem behind the smells.
Oh since you've taken me back down memory lane. Another, cultural shock I had when I first came to NY was mothers stripping down their kids to their under panties to go and play in the sprinklers at the playgrounds...or jump in the ocean. Haven't they heard if bathing suits? I'm not just talking about toddlers...kids of all ages....and not just a certain ethnic group either. All mothers! I had trouble with that one...for sure. In fact, there were many cultural shocks I needed to overcome when I first came here.

Gotta go somewhere...but will BBL.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

What an interesting topic this morning I can't really remember the urine smell in nyc. i was more shocked by the size of the city. The times square was the first thing i saw in the us and i was speechless. The other thing that i needed to get used to is that there are so many homeless people.

Haha allfor i wasn't planning on taking my burrito. but we were late because the burrito place was crowded and we wanted to get a seat. so we had the choice burrito and no movie, movie and starving or being rebellious! believe me, that was the best choice for the people around me that day

i can't really say much on raising a child. obviously that's still ahead of me. Be careful what you 2 are writing. you might influence me
Old 10-05-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

So true butter! That was the first thing I noticed....driving thru the city. The day we moved here I was exhausted....drove from Austin Texas, where we had been living for about a year prior. Hubs had been discharged from the army the year before and first place we thought to move to was back to TX....the place we met. it held a special place in our hearts...plus we both had friends residing there. But, unfortunately, God had other plans for us. My hubs couldn't find a job there...nothing in his field of chemistry, so we needed to move to a place where there were more opportunities. He had cousins here in NY that were urging him to come here saying that we could stay with them until he found something. So that's what we did. Butter I hadn't realized you visited NYC. You probably told me that, but I forgot.

Anyway, my first experience with big city driving was the day we reached here. OMG talking about scary!! Remember I had been born and raised in a dinky town so the craziness of big city driving was terrifying....so I really didn't get the opportunity to enjoy until I took the subway. That was a thrill for me...still is! The best way to take it all in...is by walking and taking mass transit. It gives me an energy like nowhere else! But that's probably because I don't live or work there. The closest I lived was in Hoboken, across the Hudson and Queens...which is considered the city....but Manhattan has its own look and feel to it.

Alright enough city talk for me...or I'm going to have to go there next weekend. Ha!

Yes we better be careful...not to scare our poor Butter into not having kids. They are pure blessings and worth everything they put us Mom's through! Or should I wait and say that after ALL my kiddos are raised up and settled On their own? A lot can happen between now and then. I'll bet my father has his own thoughts on that!

Ok...well took the car to the Car Wash....vacuumed the inside of it. Gosh it's amazing how filthy it gets in two weeks. Stopped by the thrift store. Looked around...didn't find anything worth buying. Hubs bought some speakers to hook up to an old TV he found lying on the side of the road. That is how people leave things they no longer find useful. So people drive thru the neighborhoods on the weekends and pick-up whatever catches their eye. What no one picks up goes into the garbage truck on monday morning. This TV is an old Sony 40 inch...perfect working condition...(accept had no sound) with those speakers it has surround sound now. (Price tag $4.50 for the whole set up.) I know what you are thinking....that we are dumpster divers. In fact, it's a big joke with us that they should have a reality TV show called On the side of the Road.

Yippee! Today is a good day for me...I always wanted to use that smile for something!