It's all about me...

Old 10-08-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Night dreamer! Happy studying! yes that will be a good topic to bring up! Hope you can find a cheap ticket!

Butter please get some rest! Go and see the nurse if you feel dizzy tomorrow okay?
Old 10-08-2014, 09:07 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hi Guys,

I am new here.

I need your help since I broke up with my ex boyfriend who is an alcoholic but I can't forget him and everytime he calls me or texts me I always go to meet him. He hurt me several times phisically and mentally but I love him and can't forget him and move on with my life.

I know this is no good for me and I know I need to stay away from him but I feel like I can't do it.

Please give me some advices.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2014, 12:30 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Candy86 View Post
Hi Guys,

I am new here.

I need your help since I broke up with my ex boyfriend who is an alcoholic but I can't forget him and everytime he calls me or texts me I always go to meet him. He hurt me several times phisically and mentally but I love him and can't forget him and move on with my life.

I know this is no good for me and I know I need to stay away from him but I feel like I can't do it.

Please give me some advices.

Thanks
Hi Candy,

Im sorry for what brings you here to SR...

If you would like to start a new thread it might get more attention, and possibly more replies...

How long ago did you break up with you boyfriend?

Based on what you described, it sounds like ending the relationship was a very positive step for you... physical and emotional abuse is very serious Candy. Did you ever report him to the police, take out a restraining order... if he is contacting you with one of these in place then he is breaking the order.. You may even be breaking the order by voluntarily meeting with him.

If you ended the relationship, then I would suggest blocking him from communication and taking yourself away from his calls and texts. Allow your self some time to process what has happened, clear your head...your future isn't in that type of relationship. Dont you think you deserve something much better?

With such limited info this is all I will comment on, but please feel free to post here or on any of the family forums. There are many people here in similar situations, and we're all here to support one another.

Be safe.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:45 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
Ok...so that means 3 SR sessions per day.
This is my new schedule:
8:30am -9:30 am
1pm-2pm
10pm-11pm

I like that. So I'll try to keep up within those guidelines. Let's see how it goes. Because I think this coming on every hour is keeping me away from important things and disturbing my sleep.

Oh and yes allfor my son is better....thanks!
Im getting messages now... "why did you suggest scheduling time... Clean is doing it !!!" LOL We will all go into Cleanin withdrawal... I know this is all just a ploy to get me here earlier.. LOL Seriously though... you have a very busy life and a lot of people; even children, and one bunny rabbit needing your time and attention. I think you must have very little time for yourself. I only have one little guy, and I have almost forgot what time to myself is like. Ive been determined all year to watch Christmas movies I recorded last year, and I still haven't been able to set aside "me" time to accomplish it. Now its almost Christmas again... there will be more new movies... LOL
Old 10-09-2014, 12:57 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Buttercup,

I have been meaning to ask.. How is your grandmother doing? Ive been thinking of her, sending good thoughts and wishes of good health.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Aaaw you're cute Allfor. Thank you so much and i'm sorry i never gave an update.
She is doing well. My mom just wrote me yesterday saying they went to the doctor and the blood looks good (she had blood poisoning due to an inflammation) and now she is recovering from it but getting better everyday
Old 10-09-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hi Candy,

Oh my dear. You have made a step for yourself. I know that you care about him. I know this because I care about my A. I know you want to be there for him. I know because I want to be there for mine. However, you did make a step for yourself by breaking off the relationship. It's a decision that you made because you felt it was right. You gotta stick with it, candy. It's hard. I could only imagine how hard it is. But I agree with allfor: disconnect yourself and distance yourself. Not to hurt him, but to solidify your decision in breaking up with him. To help keep your sanity. There's a reason why you made the decision, remember? Hold on to that decision. You never know what will happen down the road. Maybe you can even be friends with him later on; the thing is to remember why you made that decision. Did you hit the end of your rope? If you did, then it's okay to let go.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Im gonna try to get my ATM card at lunch today. Wish me luck !

My husband and I had a funny discussion last night about "If they made sugar illegal" What if candy was contraband?

I came before lunch to surprise Clean !

Is everyone having a good day?
Old 10-09-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

LOL, Blue, funny story about the ATM! Good luck!!

Candy, welcome. I'm new here too so I don't have much advise, but stick around and you'll get lots of help and support. Hugs.

Butter, I'm happy to hear about your grandmother. I need to go back and read the previous 17 pages, but I gather she hasn't been well, and it sounds like she's getting better.

You guys are very chatty, lol, I can only chat for brief times at work or moments at home when the toddler is quiet LOL! I will try to keep up
Old 10-09-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Hello guys!
Looks like everyone is in good spirits today! Good to see you soverylost! That's ok, stop by when you can. Glad you are here with us!��

You made it here before I did Blue! My daughter, the 24 year old, is president of her student council at her college. Well today she had a budget meeting with the Dean of her school. She was worried her new budget proposal wouldn't be excepted....but it was...yay! So she celebrated with....guess who? Her mom! Took me out for Sushi! Cheese cake tempura! Yum!!
So that is where I was if anyone was wondering. Hmm, sugar illegal? Worse than prohibition!

Hi candy and welcome to SR. I don't think I can do better than Allfor and Dreamer so I'll just ditto what they said. Remaining in an abusive relationship is never good....addiction or no addiction. You were very smart to leave that relationship.

Butter are you feeling better today?
Old 10-09-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Allfor if you think clean withdrawals are bad, try having allfor, butter and blue withdrawals!

Therefore my schedule needs tweaking!
Old 10-09-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

woohoo for your daughter, Clean! That is awesome! And you got to celebrate with her, double awesome!! Never tried Cheesecake tempura but it sounds delish ... !!
Old 10-09-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Your post makes me have a big grin on my face Clean. I think about how tough it must have been for your daughter to present a budget to the dean for the first time, talk about intimidating. But she did it and it was approved !! And then she celebrates with you. This part makes me feel all happy inside !

But you know: if sugar was contraband you could both have been arrested. I can see you there with cheesecake crumbs on your faces, What? sugar, we didnt have any sugar, its flour, Whole wheat flour. But its ok, probably two girls out on the town, he would let you go.

hurray for me !!!! I got my ATM card. I didnt put it in the deposit envelope. I was just SLOW. I guess if your too slow during the transaction, and dont take the card when it tells you to, it eats it. I dont come off sounding much more intelligent do I? HA !
Old 10-09-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

hello ladies! Busy butter here!

Clean, haha see, you made a mistake! Blue, butter and allfor withdrawal at the same time is highly unrecommendable!!! that's too much to deal with. Dr. Butter recommends tweaking the schedule ;-) I'm so happy for you and your daughter! It's awesome that the dean approved her budget and it's even more awesome that she celebrated it with you! Mom's are the best to celebrate with!

Blue, you and husbunny must be crazy to even think about the fact sugar might be prohibited. That would be awful! No more chocolate!!!
I'm glad you're got your card! haha, what were you thinking about when you took money? Husbunny? ;-)

I'm feeling better... physically and emotionally. I'm still hurt and mad, but i looked at it from a different angle and think there might be some other factors? I don't know, it doesn't excuse his behavior, but maybe i just have to wait and time will reveal it?

I'm actually pretty busy. I need to get ready for a school party tonight. Semi-Formal dress code, so i'm gonna wear a black short, sexy dress (and yes I will take a picture for FB to show a certain someone what he's missing out on) and practice the hairstyle and makeup i want to do for the wedding...

I need to shower, shave, plug my eyebrows, dress up a, put make up on, do my hair... so pretty much a complete renovation of myself

I check in later!

((((hugs))))
Old 10-09-2014, 11:58 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Your all busy, busy today. Its nice to read at night and get caught up...

I kept meaning to ask about your grandmother.. she was on my mind. I know they must be proud of you. Hope you had a good time at the dance. The upcoming wedding this weekend.. are they having a dinner reception? Regardless of whats going on with B.. your doing great staying busy, being social..youve got a good head on your shoulders...

Dreamer... Soverylost.. its so nice to have you here. I cant keep up with everything either.. I usually only post at night after my son is in bed and the house is locked down.. then sometimes Im tired and miss things in the posts...

If they ban sugar, then I will have to move to another country. I find the info on sugar addiction interesting too. Ive read some on it. I gained weight when I was expecting of course, and then immediately after that I had stress over my husband and his recovery. I finally got all the extra off but it took a while. I know I was stress eating..

Cleanin... The relationship you have with your kids is wonderful. I think your daughter must take after you in a lot of ways. She has to be smart because shes accomplished so much, and everything she does reflects such a wonderful character too... your the same way

I watched project runway, but they were repeats.. I recorded the new one and hope I can watch it tomorrow. Im going to try to finish the bug Halloween costume this weekend. I took some shortcuts, and now I need to do some detail work. lm not sure what species of bug he's supposed to be.. luckily he doesn't care. hes already got the cape and is happy.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday !!

I got up early today to feed the squirrels and take the animals out for a walk. Husband went into work, but should be home in a couple hours. We have planned a pizza date night. Debating on going out or bringing it home. always busy on Saturday nights and our favorite place serves pitches of beer and it gets loud. We never ordered beer there, but being in the environment doesnt sound fun for date night ! I think the couch environment sounds better, and pizza is very portable !!

But for now Im off to meet one of my friends for a little shopping and probably a snack.

Butter enjoy the wedding today and let us know if theres any excitement like the bride or groom running off down the isle jumping on a horse and galloping away, or maybe a cute party goer who catches your eye. Either will do !

Clean, did I hear you saying your stressed at home ? ((hugs)) Im sorry !

Soverylost, how are you today?

Hi Allfor, Dreamaer, Mag, Kari !!
Old 10-11-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

i see clean <3

hey guys ! The wedding is only tomorrow! I'm so excited and a bit nervous ;-) Any tips, things that I shouldn't do at an American wedding?
I wanted to get my rental car today, but they were already closed! Stupid uber came too late so I was late too.Have to go there tomorrow morning.
Got finally all the stuff: black dress, blue shoes, black purse, and a black shawl to keep me warm. I also made a good deal at a winter coat and a warm jacket... It's getting chilly here!

Blue Pizza-date-night sounds wonderful! Enjoy it!

Clean how are you? Still stress at home? How is everyone else?

I need to finish some stuff BBL (((hugs)))
Old 10-11-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Emergency question - Butter is confused!

What's the appropriate behavior at weddings regarding saying hello? If I see the groom before the ceremony, do I go and say Hi? What about the other family members? Any experiences? I haven't seen them since easter and/or 3 years! I'm gonna be all by myself and don't want to do something embarrassing, but also don't want to be rude!!!

Might be a silly question, but all weddings i've been at i knew everyone and was with my family!!!!!
Old 10-11-2014, 09:21 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Pizza date, Blue, sounds wonderful!

Butter, whose wedding? Have fun!

We celebrated Thanksgiving today with ah's sister and her family. Tomorrow will be with my family. Then Monday, our real thanksgiving, will be niceand quiet with a football game to watch!

Ah and I went out last night after our littlest one was asleep, with the oldest one watching him, she's 15 so that's good. We had a great talk. I told him how wonderful it's been this week with him sober. He admitted it was very hard for him and he's struggling but determined to stay dry. He also said he would consider medical intervention, which our counsellor is pushing for. Thank God! I have no idea how we got to this point but I thank my HP for opening Ah's eyes! tonight, now that his sister and family have gone home, I can tell he's struggling again and I think he just left for a drive, which is good, it'll clear his head. He never went out to drink so I can see he's doing things to keep himself occupied instead of dwelling on it which is positive.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:35 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

It's the wedding of my former roommate They became my closest friends here I'm so excited, because I will see some people again I haven't seen in 3 years and thought I would never see again!

I'm glad you had such a nice time with your family soverylost and that you had a good conversation with your husband. that's great, it seems as if you both are on a good way. I hope for you, it continues that way