Notices

"30 Days and Under Part 6"... Come & encourage them!

Old 03-23-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

"30 Days and Under Part 6"... Come & encourage them!

last part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-them-20.html

D
Old 03-23-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thanks Dee! You're really on it.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh, Dee... is that... could it be.... Floyd Blue Boy?
Old 03-23-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Well it is nearly bed time, and when I wake up tomorrow I will be into double figures. It has been quite easy to shush the AV so far. This time I have so many more tools, and so much more focus, and yes Dee I will say it again, taking drink off the table has made a real difference.
I realise I haven't really been tested yet , and I haven't forgotten how sneaky that darned AV can be, but fates willing I am moving forward, thanks to determination and the help I am getting in SR
Old 03-23-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL you picked it EQ

D
Old 03-23-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

EQ you are clever!
Old 03-23-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dee, I owe it to my Mother. She had an old little print of Blue Boy hanging up when we were kids. And she named one of our parakeets Blue Boy. LOL

I hope everyone else is hanging in there this weekend. Remember you know what your life looks like with drinking in it. Aren't you curious to see what your NOT drinking life would be like?

Why not find out!!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi, Good Morning people. 10:42am
This is the 3rd day without codeine.
Suppose I will go to a meeting tonight - it's early 1730. I've never been to the ____one. I suppose I have to spend the whole day being anxious about it. Or not go.
I missed my antidprssnts by half yesterday and now the full dose, so I substituted (gasp!) With another SSRI. But I'm getting 2mrw. It is my fault - I always run out of tablets coz I dread going to the govt hospital coz you have to wait so long.!! But I am grateful for it. I'm just lazy!!
I didn't want to get out of bed this morning (this is normal). But I did get out. I comfort ate my weetbix. Ha! There are 2 other boarders here. I hate seeing anyone when I don't feel like - so I creep out of my room - damn someone in the kitchen.
My main obsessive worry is I must make up this poster on the pc. But I am not high. That's mainly why I get high so I can be productive without worrying that it is not good enough. I haven't even switched the computer ON!!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ana, that busy head of yours has thoughts flitting through it like butterflies, and what jumps out when reading your posts, is that I feel you are constantly fretting about things that haven't yet happened.
My useless ex husband did get something right ( law of averages) he said " why worry it may never happen)
How do you know that you won't be able to do the poster?? Your talent is within you, not alcohol driven. Your imagination is yours, not something that alcohol brings to the party.
You worry about being seen by your roommates, but you are sobering up now, so have nothing to hide.
Sweetie you sound so young and unsure of yourself, I feel you need to work on your self confidence. Perhaps you need to do some self hypnosis, there are apps and CDs to help, this may help to calm your mind also.
We can help here, and will, but you do need to think of ways to help yourself too.
Good luck sweetie.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee

13.00 Sunday

Good afternoon Unders

Still very cold here and windy too, trying to snow again. It's nearing the end of the week end and I hope you haven't had too much of a struggle with your recovery. Weekends for me used to involve hiding bottles of wine, drinking myself through them, sleeping and then drinking some more, what a complete waste of time and money.
Now my weekends are filled with family time, housework, shopping, chilling out and living my life. I don't know how I ever found the time to drink and I don't miss it, not one bit.

Glad you liked the photo Jim, it's supposed to be the first day of summer here next Sunday,ha ha, we'll see,Still waiting for last years!

Thanks for popping in and giving your support Formerbeerlover, much appreciated, call again soon.

Toots, congratulations on day 11 we've got that vicious wind today, it's like outer Siberia! My g.son is with his Daddy today, I'll leave the snownman building to him, I did it the last time . I did have a little snowball fight with him though.
You are doing really well and you sound like a different person since talking to your lovely husband. You've given some wonderful advice there to Ana.

Welcome to the Under 30's Panache. Good to have you joining us, you'll get lots of support here, keep reading and posting, you're not alone.

E.Q your post on the previous page describes me to a T, I can relate to every single thing you say there. Thank you for sharing that.

MrsS, congratulations on three weeks, that is awesome. The mood swings are part of the recovery process, part of the huge emotional roller coaster,' this thing will pass.' I went through a very fatigued state where I felt so tired everything was a massive effort, but that has passed now. one day at a time, that's the only way to go.

Anathaine, welcome, I'm glad you've joined us, you can do this. You need to be a bit kinder to yourself, just focus on today, it's baby steps all the way, stay focused, we are all here for you 24/7. E.Q gives you some good advice, if you are really struggling, please go and see your doctor. Remember, it is one day at a time, yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery and today is a gift.

Hi Least, good to see you posting here, thank you.

With that, I'll love you and leave you, for now.

Stay safe, sober and clean.

Gxxx

Just for today, I will remember that You are not only with me,
But that You are holding me close.
Just for today, I will feel special to myself;
And I will love me as you have.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ana, you may want to visit the class of March 2013 thread, there are lots of folk and it is so busy it's difficult to keep up, but new faces pop in every day
There will be folk there you can relate to. Just read a few pages, it will let you see sobriety doesn't have to be too serious a business!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

staring at pink and green toy seahorse hanging in the back of the door

Hi, to all. Was feeling depressed today, this is when I used to drink codeine.
But I don't think about that. I shouldn't have missed my tablets. Have to get up really early to go get them, I'm glad the hospital is so close. I obsessed about the stupid poster the whole day. I remember the "other" me (the high one) doing these things with ease.
My self-confidence is so low I'm tired of working on it. All these things raise their heads, naked, when I don't take those tablets. I have to deal with these things not band aid them. I asked if ----hospital has a psychologist and they do. The other clinic did not have one. I cld never afford a private one. Goodnight to you guys and lots of love too!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ana, Yes I agree with Toots. I got through my first month (and many more) by constantly reading and posting on my Feb 2012 class. Ana, here is the link to the current class below, click on it and see!
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-6-a.html
Old 03-24-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks EQ I don't know how to add a link! Hope all is good with you
Old 03-25-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Ahem, where is everyone???
Old 03-25-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hahahaha EQ I think they have all joined the Mad Marchers, that post is jumping!!!
Turn my back for 5 minutes and we're 5 pages further on!!
Come visit, they would appreciate your words of wisdom.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well, today is Day 7. This was a tough weekend because I received a few offers to “have a few” from neighbors and I had to really make some family members understand that never means never. I also started having this soreness in my abs on Thursday and by Saturday night it was pretty uncomfortable. It think it was a swollen liver but I can’t be sure since its gone down since then. I’m going to have to see a doctor about that.

I hope you all are doing well and I love seeing so many people getting up into double digits. Truly inspirational!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Day 22, another productive sober weekend behind me, a clear head at work this morning...I almost want to pinch myself. After so many false starts this is really happening, day by day one day at a time. Wonder why it seemed so impossible? One thing I dont want to do is to take anything for granted. I can tell by some of the things I have read and heard that being cocky or thinking that I've got it licked is dangerous. So I am cautiously ecstatic to be sober today
Old 03-25-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

15.10 Monday

Hi Unders, we have another Monday upon us and a whole new week ahead.
Very cold again here at -1c with an icy wind.

Ana, I agree with Toots too, get yourself in that March class, you can never have too much support. I joined with the August class last year and it was so helpful to be with people exactly at the same stage as me, I still pop in there every day. Read and post as much as you can, stay focused and just take it one day at a time. Baby steps remember, it does get easier.

Hi E.Q I'm here, you can't get rid of me!!!

Hi Toots, I know what you're saying there, the 12 months and under thread is manic, woe betide us if we dare miss a day!!Lol.

Murdock, congratulations on 7 days, that's awesome. .Definitely go and see your Doctor if that pain returns. You did really well all weekend in the face of that temptation, you should be proud.

See you all later

Stay safe, clean and sober

Gxx

Just for today, The only person I will rescue is myself.
I will not try to save the world, just for today.
Just for today, I will feel peace;
Old 03-25-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Today back at day one, but I promised my wife no Moore booze. I have to stop and now have no other choice. Continuing to drink will kill me.