Notices

"30 Days and Under Part 6"... Come & encourage them!

Old 06-18-2013, 10:48 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hi Avra!!! Welcome!!

I cannot remember how many false starts I had...guess we were practicing huh?
This time we can do it....

Congratulations on 2 days ♥

Love Venus xx
Old 06-18-2013, 11:38 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Stevie, always good to see a post from you, my Molly has a thing for your gorgeous pooch! 195 days, how amazing do you feel?? How's the job going?

Elegantly, I'm so glad you are back on the bus, I love reading your posts, you have a lot of insight, and your name always puts a smile on my lips.
Avra, I've had more day ones than my grandson can count, and he mentioned a googleplex the other day! ( at 7???) so welcome, and let us know your plans for recovery.

Venuscat, 4 1/2 months, way to go! (Molly likes cats too)
Wiscsober, don't envy you that, but stick with it it is so worth it.
DG, you can and will do it.
Grace, try to get some me time, Toots orders!
UB, hope things are going ok with you, keep the faith, he has faith in you.
Cephas, day 13, definitely lucky for you!!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:52 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Avra

D
Old 06-19-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

12.35 Wed

Good afternoon my under 30 friends and happy Wednesday to you all.
I slept well last night considering the hot, sticky weather and the threat of thunder and lightening. We could have done with a good storm to clear the air, but it didn’t happen.
I’m back in work today, here till 7 this evening for my sins and the sun is shining, it’s forecast heavy rain for tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. Just typical!

Thank you Toots, yes I feel positive with the outcome, just glad yesterday is over. I’ll p.m you later. Thanks for your support.

Thank you Dee, you kind words are much appreciated.

Hi Cephas and welcome to this thread, day 13 today then, that’s just awesome. Stick close and keep reading and posting. We’re all here with you on this journey.

Lovely post from you Steve and you are doing so well, you’re very nearly on 200 days, wow!

E.W you’re doing just fine and the good thing is that you came back straight after your little slip, which is a million times better than I did when I relapsed, I was away for months and look where it got me! Right back at square one. I’m getting it right this time round though! Not going back there again!

Wiscsober, that is really commendable, I admire anyone who gives up smoking, I can only imagine how difficult it must be, I had enough of a problem giving up wine!

Aww thanks V.C, you are just too kind. I got some sleep and I’m feeling very positive about the situation.

Welcome back Avra, you will do it this time, what are you going to do differently? You look after yourself and listen to what your body is telling you, if you need sleep then rest, if you are hungry, the eat, but as healthily as you can, etc. Read and post here as much as you can, the more support the better. Stick close. Xx

Toots, this is my ‘me time’ lol. Thanks for caring.

See you all later,

Stay safe, clean and sober and don’t pick up today.

Just For Today, I Will Not Be Angry.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post
proud of you....

proud of all you in the first month of sobriety...

I'm in at under 1 day for cigarettes...no nicotine patch tomorrow...

great place to end the night
Hey Wic,

You can do this!!

Just remember the first 3 days no nicotine are the worst... after that, it gets better. So, just hang tight for these first three days, and you'll be clear of the worst part.

Lots of water really helps. So does eating well and getting in a little exercise.

You know how everybody here talks about AV... when I quit smoking, I kind of had a similar term: NicoDemon. Anytime you start thinking about it, just remember, thats just the dang NicoDemon talking!! DON'T listen. HIS goal is to kill you... (1/2 of all smokers who don't quit will die from a smoking-related disease... YIKES!!!) AFTER getting a bunch of your money and making your life miserable.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Hope everybody is doing well.

Made it through day 4 no weed, onto day 5 now.

Physically, I'm feeling much better. Still loads of mental/emotional/habitual type cravings, though.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
DG you are doing wicked, I have been following your other threads and I think you are doing great..Just thought I would pop in and say hello and offer some encouragement I'm on day 195 and I never ever thought I would get this far when I was in the under 30's...To all of you who are doing well just keep doing what you are doing....To those who are struggling just keep at it, it does get easier...I promise.....Take care gang....Steve.
Thanks Steve you are best!!!Thank you for all the encouragementand have a great day.
Babs
Old 06-19-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

AVRA
Old 06-19-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hi again, just having a lunch break.

Some good advice from you there D.G409 and well done yourself on day 5.

Hi Babs, hope you're having a good day.

Laters

Gx
Old 06-19-2013, 07:21 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post

Hi again, just having a lunch break.

Some good advice from you there D.G409 and well done yourself on day 5.

Hi Babs, hope you're having a good day.

Laters

Gx
Hi Grace--
Old 06-19-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
ub3

I no longer feel safe supported or part of the site after the way things were handeled when i was having a breakdown and tried to reach out...I feel i can no longer be honest and free to express myself and my life and feel shamed and humilliated for doing so . And have found attitudes to be ignorant towards my own personal striuggle as a result i have requested for my account to be terminated
Old 06-19-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

I feel bad about ub3---what happened?
Old 06-19-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

UB, I'm sorry if you've found my comments or my attitude to be ignorant. I'll be the first to admit that I've never taken drugs so I'm probably not the best a giving advice about giving them up, but I am an alcoholic, which is an addiction and I'll try to help anyone I can who also has an addiction. I hope you don't stay away, because regardless of whatever you think right now, we are all on your side.

Gx
Old 06-19-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
UB, I'm sorry if you've found my comments or my attitude to be ignorant. I'll be the first to admit that I've never taken drugs so I'm probably not the best a giving advice about giving them up, but I am an alcoholic, which is an addiction and I'll try to help anyone I can who also has an addiction. I hope you don't stay away, because regardless of whatever you think right now, we are all on your side.

Gx
Alcohol IS a drug. It just happens to be a legal one.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

DG timely reminder there.
Grace, I very much doubt it was anything you said, I believe UB had issues with some of his posts being withdrawn, due to the nature of their content. I feel he was really suffering, and couldn't accept that the words he was expressing could adversely affect others. I know that the mods do their very best to explain the rules if we over step them, and also try to get us to understand why they are in place. It is sad, that sometimes we can feel victimised because we are not allowed to speak out truthfully. Unfortunately at times, one persons truth can be offensive or frightening to another vulnerable person, or worse could trigger latent negative feelings.
I am sad UB that you feel you are no longer able to express yourself here, I understand, but I feel you are closing off a support network which could help you. I'm sure if you felt able to come back,you would be welcomed. Until such a time, I wish you strength and sobriety, and faith in yourself.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Grace,Toots---thank you ---
ub3--if you are reading this my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

toots said it all.

Sad that you're hurting ub3...

Not doing so well today, but as always, my SR friends will get me through.

Glad everyone is here, wishing you all a peaceful and sober day.

Love Venus xx