Notices

"30 Days and Under Part 6"... Come & encourage them!

Old 03-27-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
LDT

Good Morning Unders!

I'm just popping in to give everyone a hug. Our friend Itchy in HATZ posted something that really resonated with me this morning. In referring to the struggles all of us face, no matter what stage of sobriety we're in, he said " Life doesn't get better.....WE do"! And it's true. But I'll take it a tiny step further.....when we get better, so does life! So keep fighting the good fight, friends......... It's SO worth it!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
That's good WWG, just don't make it a liquid lunch!!

Gxx
The good thing is my friend goes not drink at all. He just doesn't like it. We do a lot together, and it helps for curbing an urge.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:46 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

That's a really good friend to have WWG, stick close to him.

LDT, how lovely to see you posting here. That post of Itchy's is really helpful as is your little addition. xxxx

Gxx
Old 03-27-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Checking in at day 24. Didnt come here to post yesterday, idk why, just didnt get around to it. I thought about it today, and almost said "naaah, you never have anything to say, anyway", but you know, for me that is really not the point. I have not been sober long enought to give sound advice. I come here to read how others who are new in sobriety are doing theirs, how they are feeling etc. Sort of like a barometer for me of where I am so to speak. I will say that each day I am feeling better. I would be lying if I said the "just one" thought doesnt pass thru my mind from time to time. I am getting better about not dwelling on it, because I learned a secret...when the thought hits, refocus, pray, get up, get going, do something. Im guessing the urges may not ever permanently leave me (I sure wish it would). Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hello Mrs.S---it's day 24 for me also and I love coming to this site for encouragment. and I'm loving life--it's a great day and I hope everyone else
is doing well too. Hang in there and Don't give up !!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrsS View Post
Checking in at day 24. Didnt come here to post yesterday, idk why, just didnt get around to it. I thought about it today, and almost said "naaah, you never have anything to say, anyway", but you know, for me that is really not the point. I have not been sober long enought to give sound advice. I come here to read how others who are new in sobriety are doing theirs, how they are feeling etc. Sort of like a barometer for me of where I am so to speak. I will say that each day I am feeling better. I would be lying if I said the "just one" thought doesnt pass thru my mind from time to time. I am getting better about not dwelling on it, because I learned a secret...when the thought hits, refocus, pray, get up, get going, do something. Im guessing the urges may not ever permanently leave me (I sure wish it would). Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
Great job on all the hard work. God Bless You.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
That's a really good friend to have WWG, stick close to him.

LDT, how lovely to see you posting here. That post of Itchy's is really helpful as is your little addition. xxxx

Gxx
Grace, My buddy is a good friend we go to the movies together, lunch, football games and alcohol is never involved. Also, I have another friend just like him as well. I was the hidden drunk. My friend knows my secret, and supports me getting better.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi again

Just on my break and having a quick browse.

MrsS you are doing really well, but I do think it’s important to read and post as much as possible during the early days, you may not have been sober long enough to give sound advice but your support is very appreciated. It helps others who are at the same stage as yourself just knowing they’re not alone so please stick close. I felt well too right from the start but then I got complacent, convinced myself I obviously didn’t have a problem and ended up right back at square one!! Just saying. We need to be constantly aware, the A.V doesn’t just come calling when we’re feeling ill and down, it comes when we are feeling well and positive. It’s a crafty thing! You’ve hit the nail on the head about keeping yourself busy and your mind occupied, that’s my method of coping too.

Hi Babs, you’re doing brilliantly too, keep on going. Keep on posting.

WWG, you’re really lucky then, you can talk to your wife and you have a friend too that you can confide in, wonderful.

Back later

Gxx
Old 03-27-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

thank you Grace----it's people like you who keep me on track ---thank you for
the encouragment. Be strong everyone. just say no !!!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

MrsS, I was actually a bit worried when you didn't post yesterday, so you darn well either post or put a thanks so I know you are out there!,
Well done you and Babs, day 24 is immense!
Walkin you are so,lucky to have good sober friend who you can rely on for support, you cannot put a price on that kind of love.
Grace as always my friend, you are total 100% love
Old 03-28-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Well, my first 2 weeks are behind me, I still feel focused and strong. I read about the pink cloud, but I'm not sure that is where I am, I am daily facing the reality that I can never drink again. I have not done that in previous attempts at sobriety, I have always put a mental end date in.
I don't wish you luck, as luck has little to do with it, I wish you strength and focus and the will to succeed.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:03 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
ub3

Not sure where to post now that im after 30 days in there another thread to go on or an over 30 group?
Old 03-28-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

You can stay here and encourage others and also join the one year and under thread, which is in this same forum. But UB first thing first, CONGRATS, that is awesome!!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Well, my first 2 weeks are behind me, I still feel focused and strong. I read about the pink cloud, but I'm not sure that is where I am, I am daily facing the reality that I can never drink again. I have not done that in previous attempts at sobriety, I have always put a mental end date in.
I don't wish you luck, as luck has little to do with it, I wish you strength and focus and the will to succeed.
Toots--thank you---- what wonderful words strength is the answer for sure.
going on day 25 and feeling strong myself. Have a great day everyone !
Old 03-28-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hey UB, great to hear from you! And so so proud of you and your achievement!
I bet in your dark moments you never thought you would see thirty days sober, you are amazing!!
The one year and under thread is really supportive definitely worth a visit! Hope to meet you there once I get the next 16 days under my belt!
Old 03-28-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm back on the taper since the begining of the week. Not going to count days or dosages, for some reason it just f**ks with me. Just gonna do it.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Day 25 for me too Babs; I'm adopting you as my sobriety twin! Thank you Toots and Grace, actually everyone all for the encouragement you give. I dont think I am on that pink cloud, nor is complacency an option, I know very well and am CONVINCED beyone a shadow of a doubt that I am an alcoholic, I know I cannot have just one. This forum has given me a great kick start and I love it. It has prompted me to seek recovery outside of my computer screen, and that too has been very helpful. Hope everyone has a great evening, I I will "see" you tomorrow!
Old 03-28-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I hope everyone is well. I had a good honest therapy session today. Stay Blessed
Old 03-28-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Today a friend asked: Are you still not drinking?
Without a beat, I said yes, I am not drinking for the rest of my life.

Just want you all to know in the first month I said im not drinking to myself only hour to hour, day to day.

When I was finally many months out I told myself, for a year, I promise myself at least a year I won't drink.

By a year, I had experienced every common trigger, holidays, grief anniversaries, weddings, funerals, parties, loneliness, work stress, debt, illness...blah blah blah. I not only don't want to drink anymore, but the thought appalls me. Somehow in my mind it is now equivalent to drinking a pint of strychnine.

Alcohol wants to kill me. I want to live. It's that simple.

My point is you won't get confident or feel natural till you do it. Doing it makes you see that abstinence is what you want after all. Now and forever.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:22 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi all

It's just gone 4 in the morning and I can't sleep so I'm having a read and a post here, it beats lying in bed with my mind working overtime. When I first stopped drinking I suffered terribly from insomnia, in fact i did when I was drinking too, but now it's only the odd night and mostly these days I can sleep for England!

Babs, thank you, you're welcome. I just know that if I can do this, anyone can once they put their mind to it, so you definitely can. You're not far off the 30 day mark now so keep on walking the walk.

Toots, thank you, you too my lovely, sober friend. That two weeks has really flown by and you are doing so well, you're so focused on this. To be honest I don't know what the pink cloud means, I've read it here a couple of times, but I haven't a clue!!
Can't wait to see you in the 'One year and under' group.

UB3, congratulations, 30 days plus is awesome, you are amazing. Come and join us in the 'One year and under' thread, it's a brilliant thread with some really good people and loads of support, we talk about all kinds there too. Look forward to seeing you there.

Hi Aems, you will do it, I know you can. Just take it one day at a time, you are stronger than you think. We are all with you on this.

MrsS, thank you so much and you are rapidly approaching 30 days too. I love your cheerful, positive posts, you have such a sunny disposition. I admire you for getting extra help, the more support the better.

Glad your therapy session went well WWG, stay focused and stick close over the weekend my friend.

Going now, back later

Stay safe, clean and sober. Don't pick up.

Gxxx