Notices

"30 Days and Under Part 6"... Come & encourage them!

Old 03-31-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
LDT

Hey Unders! Hope you had a great Easter! It's been a lovely day, with too much food, dessert, and too much coffee , but not complaining ! Feeling blessed and very grateful today.

Sending sober hugs and pats on the back!
Old 03-31-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I made it through day 7. I always drink at family dinners, but not today.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:58 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Day 8, thanks for all the support.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:36 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Walking! You are doing so great! . Your wife and kids must be loving this you!
Got the gson today yay!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good morning all---Friday was a bad day for me--My AV would not leave me alone.
plus on Easter Sunday my husband and I were both sick with colds so, we did not join
the family for dinner and it was a tense day for us. I know, if I had some booze in the house it would have been drank. But, I made it. it's day 28 for me and i couldn't have done it with out your encouragement. Let me tell you --just reading what everyone has
gone through makes my life pretty easy and simple. Thank you
Old 04-01-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Yeah Babs, 2 more days and you get your promotion!! Beware though, that is when I fell last time, it was like, yay I did 30 days easy ( liar,liar pants on fire, was so not easy!) I must not be a real alky.
It took me four weeks to sober up enough to get back here.
I'm sure it won't happen to you, but forewarned is forearmed! I'll certainly be better prepared this time around
Old 04-01-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Yeah Babs, 2 more days and you get your promotion!! Beware though, that is when I fell last time, it was like, yay I did 30 days easy ( liar,liar pants on fire, was so not easy!) I must not be a real alky.
It took me four weeks to sober up enough to get back here.
I'm sure it won't happen to you, but forewarned is forearmed! I'll certainly be better prepared this time around
oh I know toots. I was sober for 3 years and then lost my parents and then I lost myself. It will be 30 days tomorrow not 29 and I'm prepared for the temptations of my AV. I did not have a site like this one before and i can't help thinking if I had that I would be further ahead today. I feel strong right now and knowing i have this sight to rely on makes me feel good about myself. thanks again for the support.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

MrsS. Hi---how are you doing? been thinking about you. We celebrate our 1st month soon. take care
Babs
Old 04-01-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

22.00 Monday

Good evening unders

Hope you're all well. First time I've posted today but only because the O.H is off work and I think it's only fair to spend some time with him when he's home, but I've missed you all.
Back in work tomorrow at 8 a.m so I'm sure I'll be catching up with you from there.

LDT, your Easter day sounds perfect, nothing better than spending it with family.

WWG, you're storming the days now, if you can get through Easter week end without drinking, you can get through any week end. Keep on going.

Babs you're doing really well and that is when the A.V very often attacks,it will be telling itself, 'ha Babs has nearly hit that 30 day target, so let me brainwash her into thinking she can drink because if she can hit 30 days, she doesn't have a problem.'
But you and I know different don't we? If there wasn't a problem you wouldn't be here would you? You've done really, really well, so no turning back, stay focused. When the A.V comes pecking your head find something to keep you occupied. I read somewhere that the A.V only lasts 20 minutes, if you can put it out of your head for that short length of time, it will pass. I've found it to be true.xx Stay close, you'll do it.

Toots, that's exactly how it is, we have to be aware of becoming complacent. That dirty A.V won't catch you out this time. Hope you enjoyed your day with your g.son. xxx

See you all tomorrow

Stay safe, sober and clean.

Gxxx

Just for today I will try to strengthen my mind. I will study. I will learn something
useful. I will not be a mental loafer. I will read something that requires effort,
thought and concentration.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:40 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Grace your wisdom comes from the experience and the pain, so your comments are always respected. Thank you so much for the support you give to those of us who struggle in the early days.
That said, I am feeling different this time. Hubby is already worrying about the holiday we have planned for September, I understand why, but I told him, you can drink, I won't. He then said "if I had a bottle of wine open on the table here would you not honestly want to get a glass and have a drink?' I said ' no sweetheart, I honestly want to be the kind of person who could just get a glass and have a drink. But I'm not' it will be a long time before he trusts me and longer before he can relax around me when there is booze about, but I know in my head and my heart, that I have made my choice.

Babs see you in the one year and understand soon.

Mrs s please put one last post on here before you graduate too!
Walking, keep going, you are doing so well
Old 04-02-2013, 02:31 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

10.05 Tuesday

Good morning Unders

I hope you're all well and smanaged to stay focused over the Easter week end. To any of you who may have struggled and lost get right back up and get posting, use it as a learning curve and start afresh. Today's a new day.
I only actually went and overslept this morning, what a mad rush, made it into work by the skin of my teeth, but at least the oversleeping wasn't due to a bad hangover!
It's also been snowing during the night, only lightly, but still! This is British summertime!

It was 12 months to the day yesterday 01 April, that I did something so shameful, due to drinking, that I still struggle with coming to terms with it. I was dreading yesterday coming for a few weeks, couldn't get the flash backs out of my head, yet still I didn't stop drinking sneakily, the A.V held me tightly in its grip! I carried on until August when My world nearly fell apart. So please, if you are struggling, post and share, it really does help you and me too.
Yesterday has gone now and today is a new day, a new start and I'm smiling, you can too. XXXXX

Thank you Toots and I understand the concerns about your holiday. We went on an all inclusive long week end at the end of February with another couple. The other 3 drank, but I didn't but I can't say that is was completely urge free. I caught myself out a couple of times, planning how easily I could get myself a sneaky drink, luckily there is no way on Gods earth that my husband would even ask if I want a drink ( an alcoholic one, that is) and our friends know that I don't drink so they wouldn't offer anyway! I just made sure that I never went to the bar. It's good that you and your lovely husband have already talked about this, maybe if he gets his wine by the glass, rather than have a bottle on the table, it would be easier, a bit more expensive I know, but it would make sense in the long run! Tell him not to even ask if you want a drink, just to get you whatever it is that you drink now when he goes to the bar. It can be done. Just be aware of the A.V, you're on holiday, relaxed, no stress, perfect timing for him!!

Right well, I'm off now to do a bit.

Back later

Stay safe, clean and sober

Gxxx

Just for today I will exercise my soul in three ways. I will do somebody a good turn, and not get found out. If anyone knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least two things I don’t want to do-just for exercise. I will not show that my feelings are hurt; they may be hurt, but today I will not show it.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Great job on this journey Grace. You are an inspiration to me, and we all love how kind you are to us. Day 9 for me and feel a little down this morning, but I am happy to wake up without a hangover. I just wish my wife realized how hard this is, and cheer me on. But. I have to earn her trust back.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

hi and Good Morning----Grace and Toots you are such a inspiration to me.
Thank you again for the support---30 days I'm soooo excited and proud.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone, 0950 it's turned cool again -4 c when I left the house but I'm sure it's warmed up to a blistering 0c and cloudy. Grrrr. when will spring be here!

Just in case you were wondering where I went. LOL.

It's been a while since I posted. But, I had a "planned" drinking event while I was away on vacation. So, between March 3rd and March 10th I had a few drinks per day (aka didn't drink much) while we stayed at an all inclusive resort down south. I didn't even really enjoy it or crave it. Then I quit again after we got back. It's funny in a way because I didn't even want a drink.

I didn't suffer any withdrawl symptoms at all and no craving either. Strange.

Anyway I hope everyone is doing well. And Grace and Toots, it's nice to see you still posting and supporting everyone. Way to go.

I'll check back later.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

WWG, thank you, what a lovely thing to say and I hope you’ve cheered up as the day has gone on. Feeling down is normal, we can’t feel on top of the world everyday and recovery is such a massive roller coaster of emotions anyway. It’s still very early days and you will go through all kinds of mood swings, but as they say ‘this too shall pass.’ Also people who are not alcoholics don’t really ‘get’ it, they have a stop button and it’s hard for them to understand that we don’t. My husband just thinks it’s lack of will power. If only! Just keep on doing what it is you’re doing and stick close. It’s good to see you posting more too and offering your support, we all need it. Xxxx

Thank you Babs, 30 days, Kudos, that is awesome. I hope you are coming over to join us in the ‘one year and under’ thread, it’s a really good, supportive group and we talk about all kinds, it’s very busy there. I’m just waiting for Toots to come back over there too! XXX

Hi Harley

I’m glad to see you back with us and I admire your honesty. Holidays are tricky and maybe you got a bit complacent. Stick close and keep posting.

Laters

Gxx
Old 04-02-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Dee----How do I get to "one year and under" thread?
Thank you for your help.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:45 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi Babs, go into forums, newcomers support threads and scroll down, you should see it there. Catch up with you in about 12 days!!
Old 04-02-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

thank you Toots---I will certainly give it a try.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Babs you can click on this:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-13-a.html
Old 04-02-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

what EQ said Babs

D