we continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-15-a-20.html

D
Old 01-04-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shotgun!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He he..... Insomnia has its benefits....
Old 01-04-2013, 07:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 01-04-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Bahahahaha Jeni!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bad Kitties

This....is a picture I took over the holiday of two VERY BAD kitties.

Willa is the close one with dark brown, little Crispin is not so little anymore and the lighter colored one. It may be difficult to get a close look due to the jungle cat game in progress
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
badKitties copy.jpg (93.3 KB, 64 views)
Old 01-04-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh man kitty! Very bad indeed!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh wow, Kitty! The most my cat usually does is to look for mice :-)

FP, I sat here and laughed and laughed until I almost cried at your description of lending Tanja Too Fat to pee in her hubby's chair. When I read things like that I get these amazing images in my mind!

Great image for the end of the day :-)

:day6

Old 01-04-2013, 08:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I had some emotional times over the holiday, you know how things can get with family. I had a heart to heart with someone that resulting into my hearing something that was a difficult thing to process....nothing major but just something that was not easy for me and it reminded me that I have work to do in this area, because the old me would have gone out and gotten hammered, telling myself all along the way that I deserved to get drunk...but really I deserve to be sober! It feels like that is our May class slogan, or one of them at least.

No smoking, day 3. Damn if I had a cig here at home tonight I think it would have gotten smoked. I am glad I was already in PJs and that it's cold when that craving got real bad. It has subsided. And it always does....

Let's see. I'm in the 80s as far as sobriety days. The holidays were really not difficult at all but I attribute this to the fact that I have spent many a holiday sober and I have lots of support from family. And on NYE I stayed in and had a movie marathon....amateur night!
January will be a good month for me to stick to my non-smoking AND non-drinking goals.

I've had a lot of the ashamed-drinking flashbacks in recent days/weeks. It started with a good-natured teasing one night by a couple friends about my behavior on a drunken day I had over the summer during my relapse. These are not friends that I've felt comfortable sharing my sobriety with yet (how ironic is it that I had no problems at the time getting WASTED with them?!) and it was just a little ribbing but I just cringe so tightly up - I wish I could erase it. I also have flashes of paranoia - things that are just so unlikely to happen - like running into someone that saw me in such a state over the summer or before and that person calling me out in front of friends or loved ones like "did she ever tell you about that one time she got so drunk and said this or did that".....these things just are not likely to happen are they?! I am such a worrywart. I am so scared to be seen as a drunk or judged as a fool....why? everyone is equal, none of us is better off (or worse off, really) than any one else is when it comes to the eyes of our Higher Powers, whatever they are for each of us. None of us is innocent, we are all guilty of something. I guess I like the sins I have. At least it took a boat-load of booze to force me to commit them, right???

Ramblin' cat is gonna hit the hay. G'night Mayts. Maytes? G'night friends.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

BTW I love the name Too-Fat FP, but could it also be ...2Phat?
Old 01-05-2013, 12:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Morning all.
What naughty cats we seem to have amongst our classmates- destroying plants, peeing on beds.... I haven't mentioned our cat before...she is very old now, we got her when the kids were very little, primarily because my daughter was scared of animals and we thought it would be a good thing for her to have her own pet to help with this. Well, having never owned a cat before, I didn't realise just how crazy and wild kittens were!! Hence we had a few weeks of daughter (aged 2) and kitten running wild round the house...daughter screaming in fear, and kitten 'playing' with her. This is now of the things my daughter regularly brings up to prove how I ruined her life when I ask her to tidy her room...
The cat is now perfectly behaved (unlike daughter) and just eats and sleeps. A bit like H really.
Kitty-I understand the shame and guilt of past events coming back to haunt you. I recently had an evening out with my old drinking crowd and my past exploits were the main topic of conversation all night. I guess because I changed character completely when I was drunk, and these people know how I really am, I've become quite legendary. Jen-the shy, easy going person suddenly changed into a loud reckless and shamefully flirtatious one. I provided a lot of entertainment value.
All I can say is that the more sober time you get under your belt, the more distance you put between you and your 'drunk self'.
I lead the life I want today and I'm sort of inching closer to the sort of person I want to be. I see glimpses of her now maybe.
When I met up with my old crowd again recently I got a lot of teasing about my behaviour in the past, but somehow it didnt affect me. I was able to brush it off. That was then. This is now.
Don't let guilt and remorse get on top of you, you're doing great. We won't let you forget it xxx
Old 01-05-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good morning, Mayans!

Tanja, in rereading yesterday's posts I realized that I owe you an apology. Humor on a forum is a tricky thing and although the comments I made about FP's cat were made in jest, I realize they could have been seen as offensive. Please know that I would never intentionally offend someone and if that was the effect of my post, I am deeply sorry.

Kitty, I understand how you feel. Jeni said it very well. I think that we judge ourselves more harshly than most others do. We all make mistakes, have slip-ups in what we say and no one is perfect. If people can't accept me for who I am, warts and all, then I'm not sure I would want them for close friends.

Hope we all have a really good day!

Sassy
Old 01-05-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

God, I need to vent.
Just had a stand up row with H. I have never argued with anyone before. This is truly a first. I always back down because I hate and fear anger.
I'm just so cross with him and he's not speaking to me either now.
Is this a forward or a backward step??

God I need a cigarette.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Jeni,

Rows happen! One of the key things, IMHO, is not to let them become destructive. If they lead to better communication and understanding, that can be a good thing. It's important to have some ground rules such as no tearing each other down.

It 's especially hard to stay away from cigarettes when we are emotionally in a rough spot! Hang in there - you are a strong woman and will get through this, too!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks Sassy xxx.

Sorry, just 'normal' relationship stuff I guess. We just never did normal really. We would just have got drunk a few months ago and it would have been forgotten. Plus I'm changing, and not willing to let some things go like I used to.

It will be just fine. Didn't smoke. Didn't even cross my mind to have a drink...but did eat a bar of chocolate.

Xxx
Old 01-05-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Jeni I think as long as you don't pick up (alcohol or cigarettes), its a step forward. You're learning how to deal with standing up for yourself and youre also learning how to deal with another uncomfortable feeling/situation without the destructive coping mechanisms of drinking or smoking. But I hate when hubby and I are not at our best too. Big hugs to you.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

OLL- xxxxx
Old 01-05-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
Shotgun!
So our sleep-challenged Teacher Jeni took advantage of the wee hours to snag our sober ride's passenger seat, did she? You know Mammoth ain't havin' none o' that today. Either you're pulling over, or I'm going to keep walking right alongside you until our ride runs out of gas.

elephant-with-car.jpg
Old 01-05-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hated rows too.

My wife taught me it's ok to argue- it doesn't mean we hate each other. it rarely means the sky is falling - it means we love each other enough to be who we are.

D
Old 01-05-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by Dee74
closin' early - I've done my shift
we continue below:

The Alcoholism and Addictions Help Forums- by SoberRecovery.com (Class of May 2012 part 16)

run Forrests run
D
I laughed at your Gump reference, Dee! Perfect comment for the shotgun race.