Notices

Part 4 - Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items & more!

Old 07-11-2011, 05:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Part 4 - Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items & more!

Here's the next one and thanks Carol for the head's up!!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

very grateful that we have enough grats to have a part 4.

I'm very gratful that posting various thanks throughout the day helps keep me accountable and to remember that life could certainly be much worse
Old 07-11-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey hey hey!!!

I missed you guys! Had some travels and some house guests, now home for a bit and glad to be able to relax and be a slug for awhile

HL, it sounds like you've got a good house nibble there - sending up lots of good luck prayers for you and the fam! Fandy, always good to keep up with your comings and goings and I want to hear about WW and your weigh-in! I have lost four pounds but it's taken me 4 weeks

Hiya RZ and IWBWI, and I miss you too, Reub!

I'll be kinda in and out for a little while but you'll see me more often. Take care everybody
Old 07-11-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sneezy's home!!!Sneezy's home!!....dancing around the kitchen table/island like a fool....

what you couldn't find me a kitty avatar????? or a Pomeranian??? (j/k).

grateful to not get drawn into drama, like Dee says, "walk away from the computer Fandy"....back later.

Sneezy, it is a fancy way of counting calories by converting to points..and meetings every week with topics to discuss, lots of like-minded people and a trip to the fancy grocery next door afterwards....tomorrow is my weigh-day..I will post to you later. hugs!!! so glad you are home in gratting with us....

grateful for a lovely day and some time off this week...grateful to stay on the program and not be starving to death...grateful to pinch less midriff skin....back later.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Very grateful to see you have returned Sneezy AND now I will leave for 2 weeks. We leave the house bright and early tomorrow morning and will be without a computer until we return. I can't imagine what my email box will look like, much less my spam folder.

I bid you all adieu and wish you well! No news and if I hear over vacation then I will "try" to get to a computer. Hoping we get an offer in while I'm floating on the lake napping. Wouldn't that be cool! Love you guys and take care!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 03:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the wonderful welcome back, everyone

HL, have a super vacation, let go of any worries about the house and just enjoy. We'll be sending good vibes out and maybe you'll come home and *poof* - the golden offer is awaiting you!

Fands, I read in another thread that you lost 1.5 lbs this week?
Awesome, great job, way to go!!! I have tried WW before and lost about 8 lbs, then stopped writing down what I ate and gradually gained it back. You're inspiring me now

Grateful today for friendship and shutting the door to worry!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Happy to see you Sneeze... hope you had a great time well visiting, etc.

Great job on the point counting diet Fandy... keep it up. I am down 4 lbs. so doing okay.

Good luck with the house HL.

Have a wonderful evening.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

****{S, Mr S, & all the S-ettes}}}
Old 07-12-2011, 07:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

good evening grat-pack...we must keep the thread lively whilst HL is floating on vacation!

Sneezy, no more writing and figuring with WW...the cool thing is E-tools which does everything for you after you enter the food...it has pie charts, graphs, tallys and a little calculator..but the Smart Phone App also does it for you too.

bought more veggies and cherries tonight after the meeting...oh so good and freebie points.

thank you IWBWI, same for you! I am aiming to have my first "goal" met by the end of July...(10#) and my 2nd goal is 5 more lbs. by labor day....and 20# total by Thanksgiving....it gives me motivation and it is a good way to change my thinking and focus.

grateful tonight for all of the above and learning that I can always change and grow.
grateful for the pets, the people and all of you....I appreciate it, thanks guys.

Missing Reubie and hoping for HL to get the sale.

fresh coffee and grats in the am (with Bimbo toast, LOL)
Old 07-13-2011, 03:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks IWBWI - missed you and your positive posts every morning!

Hmmm.....guess I need to enter the WW 21st century! Thanks, Fandy, I will check it out. In the meantime ... I have a new addiction - sugar-free chocolate ice cream popsicles. Of course, I make up for the low calories by eating twice as many. Sigh.

Grateful this morning for a freezer to keep sugar-free popsicles in, air conditioning, and a job that lets me work inside because it's going to be a hot one today!
Old 07-13-2011, 05:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

grateful to bump this thread....

grateful that the long day at work is over and i do not have to deal with it until next week...i will work one day this weekend and take off a day on Monday in exchange...peace and quiet and no A$$hats (thanks Suki, Love it)!

grateful to stay on track with eating and feel good...(must be all the fruits and veggies)
Did you know that fresh cherries are excellent for inflammation.
grateful for my SR buddies and my RL friends who care about me....grateful for La Famiglia and the exterminator connection.

good night JohnBoy!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Grateful to have lost another half pound!
Grateful to have somehow found the momentum to eat healthy and not overeat (inspiration from you guys helps)
Grateful for my dear neighbors.
Grateful for cherries. I wasn't gonna say that, since I usually stay away from cherries because of the pits, but they're good and the pits teach me to eat mindfully.
Grateful for the break in the heatwave that's promised today!
Grateful that for the most part I have the knowledge and common sense to do my job well.
Grateful I have a job!
Grateful to be able to sleep in a bit this morning and get a more leisurely start to the day.
Grateful for buddies here, hope you all have a really good day!

Where is Reub? Miss her!
Old 07-14-2011, 05:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
thank you IWBWI, same for you! I am aiming to have my first "goal" met by the end of July...(10#) and my 2nd goal is 5 more lbs. by labor day....and 20# total by Thanksgiving....it gives me motivation and it is a good way to change my thinking and focus.
These are great goals, they are very reasonable... it is exciting, isn't it. I love seeing the pounds disappear. Oh, I have been really enjoying cherries this year as well. And, the price of them has gone down a lot over the last two week-another added bonus.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

i have a cherry pitter that looks like a hole puncher....works well and keeps the pit juice from splattering...it has a little cone hat.

I am also very grateful today for SALMON and boca burgers and portobella mushrooms (replacing the hamburger roll)!.

by the time HL returns from vacation we will all be svelte and happier.

note: the VIT20 discount coupon is still valid at drugstoredotcom....my SAM-e is down to 14.59 for 400mg box.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

grateful for a great day off and having a bit of fun shopping.
grateful to feel positive and hopeful
grateful for beautiful weather and the summer season
grateful for party invites and not even worried about the beverages
grateful to have a small goal in mind that is very attainable and will keep me motivated
grateful for $$ to purchase, food, gas and pay bills
grateful that I have been having no trouble sticking with this new WW program...it's my first time every trying their method...so far so good.
grateful for exercising enough to be naturally tired for good sleep later.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi guys,

Wonderful to read your grats! WTG Fands on the weight loss. Hi to IWBWI Hoping HL gets an offer stat (will have to go back to the last thread to get more info and find out more about your vacation!) Hi Rusty . Glad you are back Sneeze :hugs:

Grateful today for
1) terrific kids and a terrific husband
2) a good friend IRL and all my cyber SR buddies
3) a perfect vacation! Went to Lake Michigan, the weather was high 70s to low 80s everyday. Rained one night when we were sleeping, otherwise completely sunny. Grateful for long walks on the beach. Grateful to see an endangered bird with my own eyeballs.
4) grateful that I am having a blast with this house. Putting the rooms together bit by bit. Was gifted a lot of great furniture from my Mom and my aunt who are down-sizing.
5) Grateful my boys are having fun at this house, riding their bikes, jumping on the trampoline, fishing, and swimming. VERY grateful we can walk to the swimming pool, no problem.
6) Grateful I started up my eBay biz after a 2 month hiatus.
7) Grateful that I am trying not to let my dad get under my skin. Not seeing him everyday is helpful. I realize he is getting older and a lot of my issues with him are indeed that, my issues that have to do with me not dealing well with him aging. Grateful that he has my Mom.
8) Grateful for my crazy aunt who I love dearly. I took a desk to the consignment shop for her, hoping she gets some decent money for it. Gives her something to check on as I'm sure she'll go to the shop to see it on display.
9) Grateful to be excited about life.
10) Grateful to be almost 16 months sober. Amazing!
11) Grateful for my grat friends, very grateful for SR.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

grateful that Reubie is present and accounted for and enjoying her new abode!

grateful to be off from work today with much to do...going to earn those "activity points right now with the dog walk.....

staying on track with the WW program, but do not weigh-in until Tuesdays....but I feel "slimmer"...maybe my wrists look small today?
Old 07-15-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

shorter gratting tonight

grateful for another productive sober day....I spent more $$ than I wanted but it's not going to push over the edge....

grateful for my brother who handles people so gracefully with integrity.

grateful that Mr. Fandy is showing more stupidity, because my eyes are wide open....fool me once...shame on you, try it again and I will rip your throat out. (oops sorry).

grateful for lots of coupons.
grateful I am not so technically challenged I can maneuover my way through the new 4G-LTe netowrk and fancy phone....grateful that I could answer my first phone call with a little hesitation to figure it out.

grateful for another chance to be a good person.v healthy both physically and mentally!
Old 07-16-2011, 04:21 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

What were you shopping for yday, Fands?

Big weekend for the Reubs... in-laws are invading (hee hee).

1) Grateful for some nice summer weather. Glad that lately there is not a threat of TStorms everyday like there was in the Spring.

2) Grateful I am having a blast putting the house together. It's nice to be able to do some decorating as we had to live in the "staged" world for a year.

3) Grateful we caught Luigi's ear infection early. Yin had one earlier in the week, probably because of all the swimming they did in Michigan.

4) Grateful for the boyz' great sitter. She is awesome.

5) Grateful that I can try plan B for my desk. It will take up an afternoon, but it will be worth it (changing the color of the top of the desk... Also hoping my FIL will make me a hutch for the desk out of pine, then I can paint that, too).

6) Grateful my Mom and aunt visited yday afternoon. They sat in the great room and told me (usually pointing too) where to put all my tchotchkes.... Hilarious. It made them feel important, I giggled the entire time. Fun having visitors.

7) Grateful for my husband. He is very inspiring. Grateful he isn't freaking out about the house.

8) Grateful for the lesson in questioning my motives. Made me do the right thing yday.

9) Grateful for the compassionate (and not antagonistic) relationship with my HP.

10) Grateful for friends and family. Grateful for the power of SR and the grat pack, as I would not be sober without you guys. Very grateful for my grat buddies.

Wishing everyone a decent weekend
Old 07-16-2011, 06:11 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I had to purchase a sophisticated smart phone and learn how to use it....I am a work in process.....there are too many Apps.